Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:03 PM   #201

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
The Digilife Global website is showing three new models.

The DDV-1080HD , already mentioned earlier in this thread, is 1080p (1440x1080), fixed focus with 5MP CMOS sensor.

The DDV-V3HD is 720p, fixed focus with 5MP CMOS sensor. The TBD's in the specs tell me this is not in production yet.

The DDV-Z530 is 720p, 5X optical zoom with 5MP CMOS sensor. It has a bigger camcorder form.

I'll get right on it - tomorrow.

Just added the Sanyo E2 to the list.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:11 AM   #202

Yes, I spoke with them last week, and was told that they had been busy and the pages would be updated. I think there might be more cameras too. They are off to computex, and my local DXG agent is off to a local exhibition. So, I might not find out anything till next week (if I am not away).

I don't know why companies don't post bit rates and objective clips on their sites, (bright sun, inside and night with and without night mode on). So, we can quickly tell people which is the best to buy, as we do with Aiptek already.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:20 AM   #203

Check this out, if only it was HD:

http://www.digilifeglobal.com/mini-projector.htm
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:15 AM   #204

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Check this out, if only it was HD:

http://www.digilifeglobal.com/mini-projector.htm
That's quite inventive. Makes a nice product match for hybrids - if it works half decently.
And if it comes to market.

And if it were possible to get movies made from clips to replay on the hybrid the clips were taken with. That's my main interest for such a product, because every time I take a movie somewhere for a "public" viewing, I run into all sorts of technical problems. Being able to run the movies from the camera to a large display would solve most of that. But so far, out of many hybrids and attempts, I've only gotten that to work on a Digilife DDV-920 hybrid. It was far too much trouble to get it to work.

My Samsung i6 dsc does this trick with little trouble, but it cuts the detail in half in the movie version created to play in the camera. Looks ok on the camera's little screen, but crappy at tv screen size.

Wasn't it Digilife that promised a TV tuner to use with their cameras with video-in ports a couple of years ago? Never showed up.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:23 AM   #205

Just added a bunch of Digilife concepts, thanks to Old HACer for finding them:

DDV-V3HD
DDV-Z530
DDV-5100HD
DDV-9000
DDV-7110

And the Sanyo H1, since it got missed somehow.

Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:47 AM   #206

Didn't you see my posts from last week .
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:07 PM   #207

Sorry Wayne12 if I didn't credit you for finding the cameras. Without going back and opening all the links, I thought you had mentioned some DXG models plus the Digilife 1080HD.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:41 PM   #208

I only found a couple of DXG's, 1080 and Silos 8080 (that looks like an upgraded Digilife 7300?) I forget if there was another. old hacer found the rest. It's just when posting here sometimes, it's like nobody is around.

Would it be possible to post the updates when you update the main post, so the board email alerts us?

I have a separate request, would it be possible to have links to the main websites of companies and news sources at the bottom of the list? it is hard to find websites, and some companies pout new models on various different websites.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:50 AM   #209

Sure, I can try to make a habit of posting when I update the main list with new hybrids. Most "discoveries" are by people other than myself, so it would be up to them to choose whether to do so. And probably more than half the time, notes of new cameras are done with new topics, rather than additions to this one. I have no preference about that.

As for adding url's to the Hybrid List. With the steadily increasing pace of new hybrids, it keeps getting more time consuming for me to keep the list updated.

Since different sources often include different sets of specs on any given camera, I often have to browse multiple sites to get as much information as I can. So I'd be facing posting not one, but multiple links. (Then there's the business of trying to distinguish which cameras are clones of which, and which is the original and which is the clone. Or what cameras are selling for. Or which ones ever were for sale. I've given up on being on top of those things.) There's also the problem of dead links, which surely would happen as cameras become outdated.

I do appreciate it when other people post links to new cameras, but to be honest I just don't want to take that on as a "responsibility". It would just advance the time, someday, when being the "keeper of the list" exceeds my attention span. (Such as the list of dsc's that take video, which hasn't been updated for a long time.)

Actually, if anyone else wants to take over the list, that would be fine with me.

If anyone is interested in how the list came about...
I wanted to buy a hybrid, but had trouble comparing features until I made up a spreadsheet of the specs that were most important to me. There were about a dozen hybrids at the time. Since the cameras were so cheap, and better ones came out all the time, I kept updating the spreadsheet to keep track of what to get next.

I got involved in that other website, until we got utterly dissatisfied with how it was not supported by the owner. So fishycomics and I contacted Steve to see if we could move shop here. I thought having an index/llist of hybrids as a sticky would be the perfect thing to orient people to what was available. I sometimes think that all the dsc camera manufacturer forums should have a list like that. So that's when I created the list, originally derived from my spreadsheet.

To try and recreate it from scratch now would be a very difficult task, but by adding cameras as they come out, it's manageable and has built up to be a substantial collection of information. I sometimes wonder why people ask questions here that they could answer in minutes by looking at the list. I don't know about anyone else, but I use the list frequently to compare cameras.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:34 AM   #210

Sorry, I only meant the manufacture sites, and any common news sites that commonly publish hybrid releases.

I am too ill to take it on (sort of thing I would have done previously). I think if Steve could arrange a database function where people can enter a manufacturer, model name and feature list, it could be done by users and manufactures easily and avoid conversations, and you having to be maintained as much. Even if the thread only had new camera posts it would help.