Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 18, 2005, 6:58 PM   #31

Hanshing HS-PMP280
Different looking camera

Hanshing HS-PMP370
Appears to be Digilife DDV-810/V1 clone
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:44 PM   #32

Thanks OldHACer,

I'd come across the 280 before under some other names, and it may already be on the list under one of those. Anyway, I'll add it to the list. I added the 370 just a few minutes before you posted, and I agree with you about its pedigree.

Interesting that they've included the chipset in the specs for the 280. The Zoran COACH 7E is very similar to what is used in the V1.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:06 PM   #33

The Mustek USA website www.mustek.com has recently been attractively reorganized, and has some useful collections of drivers, games, utilities, capacity charts etc. Plus all 14 of their hybrids.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:33 AM   #34

Mustek Taiwan is showing a "new" model, the DV5600 .

This appears to be the DV5500 with a new silver color scheme. The DV5500 is no longer shown on the Taiwan site. Mustek USA still has the DV5500 listed and does not have the DV5600.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:51 PM   #35

Oops, missed that one.

Looks like a nice camera, ccd sensor, autofocus, big battery. It's a little large, and has no image stabilization, video-in or remote control. It seems to be for sale in Europe.

Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:01 PM   #36

Ispan has dropped the Diglife DDV-950 and DDV-960 from www.ispan.com.tw , so I'm removing them from the Hybrid List. So much for hoping for a model with higher resolution video, proper digital zoom, or an optical zoom in the near future.

Old Nov 19, 2005, 1:17 PM   #37

DXG USA is listing a new model, the DXG-506V .

This appears to be an upgrade of theDVC 306model, with 5 MP CMOS sensor, 1.7 inch display, and 640x480 video at up to 30 fps. The camera is not listed in the products for sale at the site.

Update from DXG USA Support:

"The 506v will be available DEC 15th 2005, through our web site."
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:04 AM   #38

Thanks for spotting this one, OldHACer. I'm going to classify it as a clone. I know I've seen this layout on some other recent camera, but I'm not sure which one. Except for the slightly smaller screen, it looks like a Microtek MV500. Besides, so far as I know, all previous DXG's were knockoffs.

BTW, I haven't specified which camera some clones, are clones of. If anyone wants to identify them, please feel free and post it. I can't be bothered figuring out which is which for all of them, and the problem is only going to get worse. Manufacturers are also welcome to protest mis-classified hybrids.

Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:37 AM   #39

I think I've found another Digilife/Ispan clone - a M1 /910 clone. ShopNBC is selling as an "Our Top Value" (24 hour special) theVivitek Dragon

Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:04 PM   #40

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
I think I've found another Digilife/Ispan clone - a M1 /910 clone. ShopNBC is selling as an "Our Top Value" (24 hour special) theVivitek Dragon

You get this week's Hybrid Spotting Award again!

I read your post many hours ago, but couldn't post until now. So this was my reaction then:

If I'm reading the ad correctly, it says the Vivitek Dragon has a 5.1Mp CCD sensor. Which would make this the eagerly awaited Digilife DDV-1000/920, rather than the M1/910.

However on the Ispan website, the 910 and 920 have identical appearance. The Dragon has distinct differences, such as the front panel, speaker, control buttons, and the indentation under the screen. Maybe they got the sensor type wrong and it's just a restyled 910, or maybe the Dragon really is the 920 and Ispan used pictures of the 910 for their 920 pages.

This would be a good scheme for any new model. Sell some under a different brand name first, and if there are still bugs to be worked out, it doesn't damage the main product name.

I like their description for the Dragon: "Capture images and video in every which way!"