Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:57 AM   #1

I saw a sample video of the IS-DV, and it was great, though I still need to see some still pictures. And I also want to see some sample vids and stills of the DXG 305v. Does anyone have them?
DXG 305v is cheap and the style is pretty good looking. But I heard it uses the batteries pretty quickly and also uses 4 AAA batteries. I need to know if the quality of the vids and stills though.

Now the Aiptek IS-DV is more pricy but I heard has pretty long lasting battery life, and uses rechargeable and easy to get/cheap cell phone batteries. The sample vid I saw was very good.

Right now Im leaning more to Aiptek, please help out.
Thanks a lot
zerosavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 4:26 AM   #2

known as the Hanshing camera. and Radioshack had their hands on one. there you might be able to walk in and snap a few Pics. Thiis camera is a good design and better features then others, you might be better off with a aa battery system or other as aaa will not hold much power. 5 flashs and weak battery 30 min of vid andwek battery . I have had my hands on one, and did not like the way it held, but loved its tft screen bright, and and right out striking with different color bodies,

This is a Pic and hope it wwill help out.

over all. it is you who must decide if it is right camera for you, Take a look @ sgspirits list and Beverly's Link super informitive as well as the brief descriptions, has pics of cam's

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:44 PM   #3

The picture isnt that bad, and lol your description about the DXG/Hanshing camera doesn't sound to good:? Well Im gonna be filming my friends skating, so I geuss Im really leaning more towards the Aiptek now.
Where is sgspirits list and Beverly's Link??

thanks
Old Jul 25, 2005, 4:06 PM   #4

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

4 above this post , sorry , here is the link. The Hanshing, or dxg, is not a bad camera, as the aiptek is fine as well good luck , and lets hope some others will post their opinions thank you
p.s. all pics look pritty good with the 4x digital zoom cameras
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:21 PM   #5

Thanks, but do you have any more pics from the DXG?

thanks
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:59 AM   #6

That is the only one I had taken, if you go to yahoo groups and find the hanshing camera by my title you may view some pics in there. I believe no matter how many pictures you get you'll still be undecided, all digital zoom will be pritty good,
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:11 AM   #7

haha yeah your right. I live in NJ, do you ever go to the palisades mall, in West Nyack?

If you do, do you know if Target there sells any Aiptek products?

thanks
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:22 PM   #8

I am a little closer down, sorry , but Target will sell these cameras as well as radioshack if you check their web pages, and make a phone cal before you go, and waste the time to get there. If you are further away from the tristate the better the chances of stocking.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:08 PM   #9

Oh all right, thanks a lot!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:49 PM   #10

what was the outcome of your decision?

when I am at my real pc I'll post many shots of the IS-DV. and there is a topic s well on my review when I purchased andreturned the camera due to its defect