Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:13 PM   #21

Hi zargon,

Regarding the memory card size, I don't know. What I do know is that for a long time, Digilife listed 512Mb as the largest memory card their cameras would use. Then someone who had one tried a 1Gb card and it worked fine. Soon after, Digilife changed their specs to 1Gb.

At worst, you will only get 512Mb capacity on a 1Gb card, meaning it will work, but not fill up. At best, it will be fine for 1Gb.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:03 PM   #22

syoggy, i hope it is not too late but if you have any way to get a pic of the 2aa pack for your camera i would appriciate it thanx fishy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:49 AM   #23

I am considering purchasing the dv6 for some family outings and hiking and would love to see a what a video clip on high and low resolution look like. If anyone could help me out with that, it would be appreciated!
tahutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:20 AM   #24

¬*Don't Do it!!!You will be dissapointed.¬* The video clips are¬* only good to play in the viewfinder and the still photos have so much 'artifacts' that they are painful to look at.That's just my opinion.¬* I still own one... but I am getting ready to dump it on Ebay.Good luck... whatever you decide.Zargon¬* ¬* ¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
zargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:01 PM   #25

cameras stating 512 only cannot accept a 1 gig card. they will work in the camera but only recognise 512. and the extra 512 is wasted or not used.

can you use 512 of the sd card and reload the sd to use the extra half that is the challening question.

I would say yes in that case. to do that you may have to change the file name of the main file and the camera will reload a new file but the amera has no editingfeatures.

24.99 ischeap fora 512 sd card

you are going on vacation, spend that extra 25.00 for one you will thank me. I have gone on vacation and wished I had an extra 32 megwhen they were 100.00 now ican afford a 1 gig for 50.00
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:30 PM   #26

Not true. I have a DV4500 which only accepts 512MB of memory and yet I FILLED a1 gig SD card with videos/pics. There were problems though, like corrupted files. Didn't happen TOO frequently....but it happened.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 5:50 AM   #27

Sorry 3dace but I did mention that you may tr to use it forgot about corruption
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:05 PM   #28

3FaCE wrote:
Quote:
Not true. I have a DV4500 which only accepts 512MB of memory and yet I FILLED a1 gig SD card with videos/pics. There were problems though, like corrupted files. Didn't happen TOO frequently....but it happened.
I think the corrupted files are a function of the camera, not the memory capacity. If you're talking about the Aiptek DV4500, I used to have one, and it corrupted about 1 out of 20 video clips. I was using 256Mb sd cards. It also corrupted videos stored to the internal memory. Others have mentioned this problem also. I used to shoot extra videos because I knew some of them would be write-offs. I have not had this problem with the three Digilife cameras I've had since then. Shutting down the DV4500 before it has finished processing a clip may be part of the problem, but not all of it.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 5:24 PM   #29

Back in Jan (sorry folks), Zargon said he owneda DV6 Konaki videocamera he was dumping on ebay. Just curiousZargon - did you ever get the asf files from the DV6 to convert to avi or jpg? Right now this camera is not as useful as I'd hoped because we can't edit the files. As you said to another member - viewing the files in the viewfinder is the best option! Any suggestions for converting the DV6's output? Thanks! MichelleM
MIchelleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 5:33 PM   #30

!st welcome to the site

a 512 card will work w/o a headache

bu a 1 gig may cause troubles if not a likable one

a 1 gig will work. and may not show the full length ofvid like 1 hour per 512 2 hours woyuld bea gig