Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:37 AM   #1

Hi there. I normally prowl the Kodak area of these forums, but stumbled on this area today.

I recently purchased a Konaki DV6plus hybrid. It does video, stills, mp3, and voice recording. I got it mainly as a way to take some video when I go to Europe in the fall. My camera does video also, but wanted to keep that separate and didn't want to switch cards (lazy I guess).

Haven't had much chance to work with it but video seems pretty good, playback works real well on a decent computer.

Here's a link to the cam: http://www.konaki.com/dv6.html
pic

Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:12 PM   #2

Hi syoggy,

Thanks for letting us know about the Konaki camera. I took a look at the website and will add these cameras to the hybrid list.

Interesting that two other Konaki models have optional optical viewfinders, the first hybrids I've heard of with that option. The cameras look good, with the exception that they don't do 640x480 video at 30 frames per second, which I regard as essential and which has become pretty standard on the latest crop of hybrids.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:18 AM   #3

Sgspirit I may be wtong , but there is no optical view finder a tft screen unless he was talking about the dv5-- or 2600 but he did mention the dv6
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:47 PM   #4

hi syoggy, can you post still captures... fps is pretty low though. but the camera looks cool
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:54 AM   #5

can not hold my breat hthat long.

anyone owns one , PLEASE post a vid, I am speachless . that this camera comes with in the pic all that stuff if extra WOW!

http://www.konaki.com/dv1800.html

Sgspirit have you noticed that this camera offers not just the view finder but a STOLL LIGHT for the video. may be on my xmas list all donations Welcomed place in can for me thanx

Old Aug 7, 2005, 1:11 PM   #6

Sorry this took so long. I haven't been watching this forum. Here are 2 pictures from the DV6. The only thing I did was resize to 800x600.
Steve

Old Aug 7, 2005, 1:12 PM   #7

Here's the 2nd....
Steve
Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:34 PM   #8

Syoggy,

1. Would it be possable for you to upload , or send me a sample vid?

2.how much , and where did you get the camera? was it from the site and phone number of the webpage?

3.would you recommend this? and also would you upgrade to the 1800?

4. how long does the 4aa batteries last ?

5. a low light picture would be nice ?

I am curious because reading the site and the pda I posted up, the camera is SWEEET, the carry case that comes with, and the optional video flash looks awesome if it proforms like one. i would see if my friend ,when he goes overseas can find me one .

Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:08 PM   #9

fishycomics,

1. Would it be possable for you to upload , or send me a sample vid?

Here's a vidoe I just took: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IMG_000374

2.how much , and where did you get the camera? was it from the site and phone number of the webpage?

I got the dv6 from www.overstock.com (http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....rod_id=1435345). I paid $189.00 plus a couple bucks for shipping. Looks like the price has gone down 10 bucks already.

3.would you recommend this? and also would you upgrade to the 1800?

Don't know much about the 1800. It definately looks cool. I didn't really need much. I was looking for an inexpensive digital video camera that was small so that I didn't mind carrying it all over Europe when I go in Sept. I would recommend it, not having seen many of the others.

4. how long does the 4aa batteries last ?

The dv6 has a rechargeable lithium battery and a "Power Box" into which you can put 2 aa batteries. I used the "power box" today for the vid and pics I took to upload here. Seems to work ok.

5. a low light picture would be nice ?

Hope this is what you were looking for:

Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:09 PM   #10

Here's one with the internal flash.
Steve