Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:57 AM   #11

I see queenofglitter has lots of DDV-M1's for sale on eBay. With the 5Mp sensor and video-in, it looks more like an upgrade of the 720 than a 5Mp version of the V1. The manual depicts controls etc almost exactly like the 720's, while the V1 is quite different.

I look forward to hearing from a new owner what combination of features and limitations it has compared to the 720 and the V1. I haven't checked yet to see how much they're auctioning for.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 1:30 PM   #12

Digilife DDV-M1

mobile:+8613556033577 (china)

http://product.pconline.com.cn/produ...type34652.html( language install)
HJDIGITAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:23 AM   #13

HJDIGITAL wrote:
Quote:
Digilife DDV-M1

mobile:+8613556033577 (china)

http://product.pconline.com.cn/produ...type34652.html ( language install)
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 2:26 AM   #14

hi, i was wondering how long could the duration of video clips last if its taken with a 1gb card and in 640x320 resolution? could someone help?

will this duration be the same if i use it to record shows(dvds or vcrs)using the tv in function? (same condition 640x320, 1gb card)

would appreciate if someone could help me with this issue.

Thank You
anodize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 7:22 AM   #15

Wekcome bukgaggy, we are here just for that, always on the ball, thanks to Sgspirit, mitch... oldhace, and the others, too many names to list.......

the digital camera , by digilife or Aiptek, will record on a 1 gig card 1 hour of high resolution, of dvd/vcr/tv show. 2hours at low reesolution on the other hand it may be at high res

48m low res 176m

pic high res from1040-8000 depending on resolution

there is a one main question that I cannot answer is how many or how much. of mp3 songs can fit on a 1 gig card as well as a smaller one?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:22 AM   #16

Welcome, anodize,

My V1 is supposed to put 37 minutes of 640x480 at 30 frames per second on a 512Mb sd card. So it should put 1hr 14 minutes on a 1Gb card.

How much video-in will it put on a 1Gb card? Good question, and I admit I don't know. I suspect it would be the same as for 640x480.

fishycomics,
MP3 is about 1Mb per minute. So a 1Gb card would be 1024 minutes, or 256 songs averaging 4 minutes each. Similarly, a 512Mb card would be 512 minutes, or 128 4-minute songs.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:59 PM   #17
ykc

Hi i was wondering which camras has better video and audio quility the ddv 910 or the aiptek 6800 i might be buginy the ddv 910 m1 off of ebay what do u guys think of that camra and its video and audio qulity whats it worth or witch is better the ddv910 m1 or the aiptek 6800?

PS if anyone does have this video camra could u send me videos and pictures used with the ddv910 thankyou oh and send it to [email protected].
ykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:02 PM   #18

The Aiptek DV6800 is the same as the Aiptek MPVR. The Digilife DDV-810 is the same as the V1, and the Digilife DDV-910 is the same as the M1. Clear as mud? It gets worse.

The Aiptek 6800 is the same internally as the Digilife DDV-810. So it would have a 3.0MP cmos sensor. The Digilife DDV-910, on the other hand, has a 5Mp cmos sensor. So it should take much more detailed still shots.

Other than that, I suspect it will function exactly the same as a DDV-720, but with video-in. The 910 and 810 are completely different, since all the parts inside the case are from two different companies. The 810, and therefore the 6800, is unlike any other camera Digilife made that I know about.

If you have video format preferences, the 910 takes video in .avi, while the 810 and the 6800 take video in .asf. The 810 will play videos shot with a variety of other cameras. Since the 720 won't, I suspect the 910 won't, either. So if this is important to you, pick the 810/6800.

The two designs have different, but equally annoying sets of shortcomings. But, the 910 will have brighter color reproduction, and stereo MP3. So I'd have to prefer it over the 810/6800.

Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:48 AM   #19

This is my first post so I hope I get this right. I just purchaesd an ISpan DDV-910 (Digilife DDV-M1) and am very impressed with it except for one thing: While I can play video on my TV, I cannot record video from my TV as advertised. I've tried from input jacks both on my TV and on my VCR with no success. Anyone else have a DDV-910 out there whose been recording TV shows, VHS tapes?
Tech Toy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:06 AM   #20

Techtoylover Welcome aboard

I own the mpvr and have 3 usb cables and the orginal with the camera only works for this, funny b/c the older one has no power to the camera or different configuration funny as it sounds.

1. We understand it is a no brainer hoping you have the cable plugged into av in of the camera, the correct cable not the usb to the pc one. but the rca din jack firmly in place, vid to the out source of vid and aud out source to aud. (rca jack output)

DO a simple thing reverse the vid to aud and aud to vid, may sound funny can always get missplaced at the factory? then back to the normal way.

2. if your vcr is the source see if the output throws a signal must be hooked to the rca jacks? that the line in or out may beset wrong, My vcr is a daewoo and does not need switching. if you have a dvd player may be better ty the vid and aud out?

3. look back to the manual see if you need to set the function to av out?

that said lets hope when some gets up, from the pacific coast or canadian side they'll have some answers who own these cameras?

Once you get it going let us know what the trouble was thank you and sorry I wasnot much of help?................................Mod fishy