Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:43 PM   #21

Tech Toy Lover wrote:
Quote:
This is my first post so I hope I get this right. I just purchaesd an ISpan DDV-910 (Digilife DDV-M1) and am very impressed with it except for one thing: While I can play video on my TV, I cannot record video from my TV as advertised. I've tried from input jacks both on my TV and on my VCR with no success. Anyone else have a DDV-910 out there whose been recording TV shows, VHS tapes?
Hm, it SHOULD work. I found our tv had no video-out ports, so I had to connect the camera to the vcr, taking care to connect it to the video-out jacks rather than the video-in ports. You mentioned "input jacks" on the tv and vcr, so maybe that's the issue. Maybe you could try connecting it before you power on the camera.

Or get some kid who likes to play video games to hook it up for you. They're experts. Just maybe, though, it might have something wrong with it.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:44 AM   #22

Good morning Mod Fishy and sgspirit,

You are both right. Talk about missing the obvious! I was trying to reord DVD's and TV from input jacks and not the output jacks. I tried it the right way last night and it worked perfectly. The video set on high quality is excellent. Thanks for the advice. Now as to the DDV-910 itself, other than the zoom not working with image stabilization engaged (I leave it off; I don't see a lot of shaking) and other than the unit not being able to stand up with the LCD pulled out, it's just about as good a device as you can expect for less than $200.00. Indoor video isn't bad so long as the subjects are in lit areas and the photos are pretty sharp but the flash tends to overcompensate indoors. Overall, I have to say I'm very pleased. Thanks again.
Tech Toy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:44 PM   #23

you are quite welcomed. overlooking, and excitement is to relaxe and see what you did wrong, gald the outcome is acceptable.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:09 PM   #24

Just wanted to add a comment about the video in "PVP" function on the DDV-910. I compared some video footage from the same DVDrecorded by theDDV-910 and some footage recorded from a vey high end PDA which had been compressed with some popular software and the DDV-910 was much better in terms of color and sharpness. Of course,I may be mixing apples and oranges with the compression factor on the PDA and the use of the high resolution on the DDV-910 but the video is much more watchable on the DDV-910. I'm getting a 1GB SD card just for this purpose.
Tech Toy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:15 PM   #25

Yes, I was amazed at the quality of the video I recorded on my V1/810 from the tv, when I played it back. This seems to indicate the quality of the live video being recorded is limited by the camera's lens/sensor unit. And that suggests the processing/throughput bottleneck is in the sensor/image processing chip. And THAT suggests the memory/playback portion of the camera has a much higher data capacity than the sensor/image processing system. Interesting.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:20 AM   #26

Hi everyone. I just bought the DDV-M1 yesterday and been trying to play with it. I notice that when i try to record video, i cant seems to pause the video. When i press the record button, it will stop the video instead of pause it and when i wanna continue taking video, it will start as a new file. Doesit means camera doesnt comes with a pause function during recording or there is one of which i dunno. Hope someone can help me clerify on this. Thanks alot and best regards.
weepin118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:30 AM   #27

I have a DDV-1000 and it doesn't have apause, so I imagine the DDV-M1 doesn't either. You'll have to edit and combine the clips on you PCusing the software that came with the camera or other video editing software.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 3:24 AM   #28

Weep..Welcome to the site .

Listen To Oldhacer , he hit it right on the head.

All hybrids DO NOT HAVE A PAUSE feture. this is a reason why you must edit through a pc, or tv playback , going into a vcr or dvr recrders. if you do not own a pc.

the hybrid can be used w/o the use of a pc, but further actions are neededwith one.

I have had the oppertunity to place my stills on a vcr tape due to the cost of a cdr burnwer being to expensive at one time, now a dvd burner is less expensive, and I am doing fine. hope the info helped out.

again shoot the vidgo into a 3rd party software or wn movie maker and decide on the footage edit the shots, and you are in bussiness.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:53 AM   #29

thank you very much guys for the help. Thanks alot.
weepin118 is offline   Reply With Quote