Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:11 PM   #91

i ordered 2 for 4.00 and the shipping is 7 plus so np-60 and check out what oldhacer said on the battery look for the post sorry I am a little busy at the moment mod fishy

p.s. a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-FUJIFILM-NP-6...QQcmdZViewItem
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:46 PM   #92

We have a topic on this. I found mine by eBaying for the Kodak KLIC.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:57 PM   #93

Thank you very much guys for your help.
replicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:09 PM   #94

Hi guys,

I have read this forum with great interest, but am still puzzled as to the conclusion of your discussion on what the overall opinion (if there is one) of which camcorder is better the M1 or V1. I live in the UK and am going snoboarding for a few months then off travelling round the world, therefore i am skint but this camcorder seems a perfect size and price to take with me. Could anyone advise which one is better, mainly for its video function; and if anyone knows of where i can pick these up cheap in the UK it would be much appreciated. Cheers
zizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:06 AM   #95

zizzi wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

I have read this forum with great interest, but am still puzzled as to the conclusion of your discussion on what the overall opinion (if there is one) of which camcorder is better the M1 or V1. I live in the UK and am going snoboarding for a few months then off travelling round the world, therefore i am skint but this camcorder seems a perfect size and price to take with me. Could anyone advise which one is better, mainly for its video function; and if anyone knows of where i can pick these up cheap in the UK it would be much appreciated. Cheers
Hi zizzi,

Welcome to the forum!

Well, we are all amateurs, and no one provides us with test cameras. I'm not into buying one of each hybrid (now numbering 100) to do reviews. So far none of us own both a V1 and M1. You may be able to find sample videos from both, but to me, such videos don't give conclusive proof unless the comparative videos are done side-by-side.

The M1 has an advantage over the V1 with a 5Mp sensor compared to a 3Mp, but that doesn't increase the video resolution, which is your main interest. Therefore I can't advise which is better for videos. Ultimately, probably there is very little difference for video use, so I'd get whichever is available and cheaper. I'd lean towards the M1 since it is a little smaller, and probably renders brighter colors. The Aiptek MPVR is the same as the V1, but without the remote control standard and uses an odd battery. If the mp3 player is important to you, beware that it's mono on the V1.

I'm sure you could find them on eBay in the UK. Or use a search engine. Seems I'm always coming up with UK sites when I browse for hybrid news.

If you're travelling with it, you have to consider how to keep some charged batteries around, how many memory cards you'll need , and how to store images after your memory cards fill up.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:31 AM   #96

as sgspirit says...............

welcome aboard

Now if the world had 3 choices of anything a car a house a toaster etc. life would be easy. no one speeding no one fighting etc

so the v1 and m1 so simple read what each one offers and if you can do without the feature the other one does or does not have then the choice is perfect ,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:41 AM   #97

Thanks for your help guys, will see where i can buy it and hopefully be able to capture everything!!
zizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:43 AM   #98

clarify a thing. does the ddv-v1 record in avi and in asf???????????:?:?:?

http://www.hjitworld.com/DDV-V1.asp
BELLENGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:45 AM   #99

clarify a thing. does the ddv-v1 record in avi and in asf???????????:??:?

http://www.hjitworld.com/DDV-V1.asp
BELLENGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:08 PM   #100

The Digilife Global websitesays the V1 uses MPEG4(.ASF).
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote