Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:29 PM   #31

we are working on getting the vid from a source up, as soon as the person signs in due to technical log ins . plese be patient thank you.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:16 AM   #32

Hi all, thanks for all the infos. I just bought a v1 and a Transcend 80x 1 gig sd card. I like to know if any of the v1 owner have the same problems as me, first I'm pretty sure the mp3 sound are mono comming outof both ear phone, same as describe on the earlierpost, second,the camera sometime freezes and i have to take the battery out to restart it, third I can hear a clicking sound when I take a vid from light places to dark places and vice versa, it just maybe the camera switching exposure but its quite loud during playback andoften during a switch, the camera shut off and the vid file is unreadable. I'm just wondering its because of the sd card or something else. I will test out the frame rate on PowerDirector program when I learn how toturn on the frame rate reading.

thanks for those who share my frustration
thedood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:29 AM   #33

Hi thedood,

Welcome neighbour! Sorry to hear that it sounds like your camera is defective. Before returning it, and if you plan to get another or similar camera, it might be worth getting another battery to see if the battery is the problem. If the freezing is only during mp3 playback, I think the problem is with corrupted mp3 songs. Right now I have some on my SD card that cause problems for both my V1 and my 720. So it's not the camera that's to blame.

But it sounds like your problem is during filming, so that would cut out mp3's as the issue. Do the same things happen when you remove the SD card and record to the internal memory? It seems odd that the camera would make noise when auto-adjusting the exposure. That's mostly just a software matter. If your hand moves on the camera body, or you touch any buttons, the mic will record noise also.

Who did you buy it from, if you don't mind saying? What does your seller think about the fact the cameras are spec'd as having stereo MP3, and they're mono?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:10 AM   #34

hi, I bought the v1 from Queenofglitter of ebay, the cammera shut off during the swithing of the auto exposure mostly from dark to light and only during recording on the sd card because it get effected after a few minutes, not eneogh recording time on the built in memories for it tobe effected. I will test this further with a different card though, a friend of mine just bught the same cammera so he could test it too. As for the mp3, it must be the worst sounding player I ever incounter, but the vid and pics quality are very decent especially for the price.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:15 PM   #35

After some testing, I decided to exchange for another camera, it shut off when the camera is pointed at bright places like from inside a car to outside or pointed at the sun. I hope this is not a common problem.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:35 PM   #36

On your next camera, don't point it at the sun. It probably won't shut off, but you mayl burn a black spot onto the sensor.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:50 AM   #37

thedood wrote:
Quote:
After some testing, I decided to exchange for another camera, it shut off when the camera is pointed at bright places like from inside a car to outside or pointed at the sun. I hope this is not a common problem.
Thedood

Most common mistakes are made. when we forget. reading the manual and not listining I do not need to point them out, Always have the sun in the shoulder or rear of you. If there is a shot you need to take and it is with thesun foward there are filters, but not made for these particular cameras. there are tricks to doing now you burnt out the sensor i am sorry to hear that

From Our Moderator Sgspirit, He sent me these videos

to upload for all to see and are also in the upload center I request all members that own a camera to review my thread for a request and do so. if not i understand

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

here will be the files to view it is in the proper section

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

http://media.putfile.com/vi11.2 plus mb asf out door shot

http://media.putfile.com/v2301.3 plus mb avi ( codes needed)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:26 PM   #38

So at the end of the day would you guys buy an M1 or V1?
packetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:52 PM   #39

Fishicomic wrote

Most common mistakes are made. when we forget. reading the manual and not listining I do not need to point them out, Always have the sun in the shoulder or rear of you. If there is a shot you need to take and it is with thesun foward there are filters, but not made for these particular cameras. there are tricks to doing now you burnt out the sensor i am sorry to hear that

Thanks for the priceless advice Fish , but the problems start quiting when when I take a video from indoor to outdoor and vice versa, I just pointed at the sun to confirm the problems.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:34 PM   #40

thedood wrote
Quote:

The problems start quiting when when I take a video from indoor to outdoor and vice versa, I just pointed at the sun to confirm the problems.
My V1 is starting to shut off at odd times when I'm handling it. My first suspicion is that the battery may be moving away from the contacts. I need to play with it some more to try to figure out what's going on. Not a big problem yet.

Interesting that 4 of the participants here are in Vancouver/Burnaby. If you want to see a Samsung Miniket, I've seen them at the Visions store near Imperial and Kingsway in Burnaby. They also had a JVC Everio.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote