Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:46 PM   #51

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Purchase one at a good price sit down everyone. 97 shipped.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"looking at the pic

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 the aiptek does not have notched corners on the screen, but has simular controls on its left side 2 1/4 tft viewer.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2. the navigation or rear controls on top aiptek has two les then digilife but all resemble the same look very close but no cigar.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"3, joystick if it may be called that sticks out does the digilife do the same?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the bodies are 995 o the T but aiptek is rounded on the bottom then being flat

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I am sure there may be some more issues but I must wait to see it in person, either way both cameras wil be perfect to the user

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:08 PM   #52

Hi all,

Fishycomics, i've uploaded 3 sample video's to youtube, however, they must transcode them to save space, as they are a lot lower quality than the video's which i uploaded. Is there anywhere else i can upload them, that won't transcode the files, as you can't see how good the quality really is?

The links are;

http://www.youtube.com/?v=1CcL7aCc6ok

- TVin, 2mins of rugby,no blurring or artefacts on original video, but youtube seem to have transcoded it to save space and it looks bad.the original looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=H06HRP9nmDs

- VGA footage of laptop displaying a particle tornado.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=il4yFr9CpHM

- VGA with Image Stabilisation, Zoom & Pan test.

Hope that helps!

sgspirit, yes probably no concidence, but then life technologies make the reference designs, then licence them to other companies whomake their own 'improvements'. Just like nvidia with their geforce cards. It happens in all industries, some companies just design things and sell the rights to produce them to another company, that way they can make money from their product, without the headache of actual customer support! Or having to own multi million dollar fabrication plants.

I have lots of gear with one name on the case, and a completely different one etched into parts on the inside.
mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:38 PM   #53

thank you I'll move this into the upload center and leave the topic here alone perfect shots on all video

1 the 1st you can tell its a television shot and that is fine the grass got fuzzy lol

2 the tornado effect was kewl i could not tell you were filming a monitor

3, the panning with zoom, really showed the cameras proformance. it really held , and go the zoom in. if that was my mustek it would be glared by the sun, be careful not to shoot in the suns way. pricelss
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:29 PM   #54

Hi,

The only camera i've everdamaged filming into the sun was a mustek 100k pixel camera i had about 12 years ago. It's a point worth mentioning as a lot of people don't realise that aiming your camera at the sun is the same as holding a magnifying glassup to your arm in bright sunlight! But i personally have deliberately shot into the sun for a particular effect or other, but only at dusk when it's not so bright, and only for a second or two. AndNEVER with a brand new camera. See attachment.

Attached Images

mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:17 PM   #55

Hi all, I just got the V1 yesterday and I came across these forums looking for information on it's memory capability.

My question is: Does anyone know if the V1 is able to handle 2Gb SD memory cards? The ebay ad claims it will handle a 2gb card but the user's manual included with the camera says only up to 1Gb. Which is true? I'd like to find out for sure before buying a 2Gb card only to find out it will only utilise half it's memory or even work at all.

I've emailed the seller (queenofglitter) and their reponse wasn't very helpful. "HI, the manufacturer says it willl work with cards up to 2GB". It was worded in a way where if I was to try the 2Gb card and it doesn't work, they aren't held responsible. If anyone out there can confirm a 2gb card working with this camera it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, not sure if anyone has figured this out but zooming and panning within a still -is- possible. Just zoom in to the center of the image, press OK and it should allow you to use the directional buttons to pan around the image. Oh yeah, and my mp3 playback is mono, if there is still a mystery behind that issue.

Thanks in advance.
replicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:12 PM   #56

replicate wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, I just got the V1 yesterday and I came across these forums looking for information on it's memory capability.

My question is: Does anyone know if the V1 is able to handle 2Gb SD memory cards? The ebay ad claims it will handle a 2gb card but the user's manual included with the camera says only up to 1Gb. Which is true? I'd like to find out for sure before buying a 2Gb card only to find out it will only utilise half it's memory or even work at all.

I've emailed the seller (queenofglitter) and their reponse wasn't very helpful. "HI, the manufacturer says it willl work with cards up to 2GB". It was worded in a way where if I was to try the 2Gb card and it doesn't work, they aren't held responsible. If anyone out there can confirm a 2gb card working with this camera it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, not sure if anyone has figured this out but zooming and panning within a still -is- possible. Just zoom in to the center of the image, press OK and it should allow you to use the directional buttons to pan around the image. Oh yeah, and my mp3 playback is mono, if there is still a mystery behind that issue.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Replicate. Welcome to the forum! Another participant from my neighbourhood. I can see organizing a get-together some time, since there are 4-5 owners in the Lower Mainland now.

Without trying it, I can't say 100% for sure if the V1 will handle a 2Gb sd card. I know that initial specs on the 720 said it would handle 512Mb, then an owner tried a 1Gb card in their 720, and it worked. Soon after, Digilife/Ispan revised their specs for the 720 to state it would take a 1Gb card.

My impression is that the specs first published for the V1/810 were that it would use a 1Gb card, while more recently released specs claim 2Gb. So I'd guess that it can. At worst, you'll have to wait until your next camera to use it. Or just play it safe and use two 1Gb cards. Which means you'll have a backup in case one goes bad. Of course, that costs more, and they seem never to go bad.

This sort of, um, inexact specs for the cameras is part of the price of dealing with second-tier manufacturers. It's frustrating, but on the other hand, the products are innovative and fairly cheap.

You're correct about the panning when reviewing photos. I read that in the manual the other night, and I have to correct the reveiw - and learn how to do it.

We do have one report from Europe of a V1 owner with stereo MP3 playback, so it's not reliably mono. Digilife/Life Technologies has been utterly unresponsive on that matter, which is odd given that you'd thing they'd at least correct their published specs for the cameras. Even if they can't stomach a recall or refund, you'd think they'd make an effort to appear to care about accuracy. It catches people like queenofglitter in the middle, also.

I assume you got the camera from eBay. Did you get a good price? I see someone got one for $97usd the other day. I paid $155 for mine.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:20 PM   #57

The Digilife DDV-V1/810 was released weeks before the DDV-M1/910. Yet, www.ispan.com.tw has had the manual for the M1/910 available for download since before the V1 came out, while the manual for the V1/810 was not available.

Well, finally Ispan has posted the manual for the V1/810. Go to their site, \Products\Camcorders\810\Downloads.

Interesting to compare it to the manuals for the S670, 720 and the 910. The screen menus etc. for the 910 closely resemble the S670 and 720's, while the 810's look like they're from some other company.

Also note the 810's grossely inaccurate advertising pamphlet.

Just musing here. If the 910 has a 5Mp CMOS sensor, and the 920 has a 5Mp CCD sensor, what's left to make the 950 and the 960 different from the 910 and 920?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:49 AM   #58

Is the same camcorder la aiptek dv 6800 than the digilife ddv-v1(ispan ddv-810)?
macfali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:42 PM   #59

Sgspirit, thanks for your reply.

I think I'll play it safe and buy a 1Gb card. Realistically, the shooting time on the battery is 90 minutes and the 1GB cards allow you to record 80 minutes anyway. Anything more then 80 minutes the camera will have insufficient power to utilise it. Might as well off the data on the card and clear it between battery charges.

The mono issue does make sense in a way. The audio/video out and in cables provided with the camera only consist of one (white/left) audio composite plug. If it was stereo, they would of included the red composite plug (right) as well. It's not surprising the audio output for mp3 playback is mono as well.

Yeah I got my camera off of QueenofGlitter from Ebay. The day after I bought it, they started to list the ISpan DDV 910, which I would've opted for had I known it was gonna be listed the NEXT day. Oh well. I got my camera for $148 US.

replicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:08 PM   #60

hey guys and gals. a special pic will be posted garanteed 2 pages in here of replies.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"a special thank you goes out , he know's who he is, at the mean time

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"What are the chances of a samsung minket external lens or any aftermarket external lens fit both the digilife and the aipteks imput source?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"this means if it has an optical zoom, our cameras will be Priceless.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"understanding: the lens will send a signal to the imput but if it has a zoom possable modifications needed , battery, and switch, otherwise it is just a lens? what do you think if anyone has a picture of the external lens Please post the rca plug it is crucial that we know what it looks like more then two plus the stems connections it has power.