Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:05 PM   #71

Well I have some important info to add and it will be in a new thread thank you I will post it as soon as I make the thread

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=70388&forum_id=92
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 7:58 AM   #72

Hi fishycomics,

Have uploaded StereoTest file to my old webspace, link is,

http://mitchyk.users.btopenworld.com...StereoTest.mp3

Just tested it and works fine for me.

mitchyk
mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:53 AM   #73

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

better take a look at this it will start a new revolution I now have an optical zoom hybrid by Aiptek
Old Oct 9, 2005, 1:05 PM   #74

you may find a sound on this page if it opens correctly named tripped to this a lil scratchy but is a mp3 to download with side to side action I am gonna test mine out on it as i got the download rather listining to static noise sorry mitch but the credit is all yours. no offense tended

http://www.freeplaymusic.com/search/...search_ext.php

Mie is Stereo ha ha ha it is a good test My Aiptek is so loud irecommend keep it low good luck
Old Oct 9, 2005, 2:41 PM   #75

Hi,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" That's quite alright, no offense taken. I just made the file as sometimes it's not easy to distinguish stereo on music tracks. It was just a quick and dirty test for anyone wondering about the whole mono/stereo mp3 issue.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"mitchyk

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:18 PM   #76

try the track out it has a good left sound and right sound in it , on a different note I am in the middle ofa project got my friends infrared remote camera and it is SWEEET works like a charm remote or not ext lens can be added, no sound though unless there is a way to wire a mic up.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:41 PM   #77

macfali wrote:
Quote:
Is the same camcorder la aiptek dv 6800 than the digilife ddv-v1(ispan ddv-810)?
Yes, so far as we can tell, the Digilife DDV-V1 and DDV-810 are the same; and the Aiptek DV 6800 and Aiptek MPVR are also the same camera but with a different case, control layout and bundled software.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:52 PM   #78

replicate wrote:
Quote:
Sgspirit, thanks for your reply.

I think I'll play it safe and buy a 1Gb card. Realistically, the shooting time on the battery is 90 minutes and the 1GB cards allow you to record 80 minutes anyway. Anything more then 80 minutes the camera will have insufficient power to utilise it. Might as well off the data on the card and clear it between battery charges.

The mono issue does make sense in a way. The audio/video out and in cables provided with the camera only consist of one (white/left) audio composite plug. If it was stereo, they would of included the red composite plug (right) as well. It's not surprising the audio output for mp3 playback is mono as well.

Yeah I got my camera off of QueenofGlitter from Ebay. The day after I bought it, they started to list the ISpan DDV 910, which I would've opted for had I known it was gonna be listed the NEXT day. Oh well. I got my camera for $148 US.
Sounds like you need to consider buying a spare battery or two. I don't take my camera anywhere without one or two extra. They're dirt cheap on eBay.

Thanks for pointing out the matter of the other a/v cable. I'll take a look at mine. This doesn't explain how mitchyk has a V1 with stereo MP3.

Queenofglitter told me they were expecting the 910/M1 at the end of September. But since the manual made it appear to be an update of the 720, I was afraid of getting stung even worse by its feature set than the V1's. I paid $155 for my V1, so you did better than I did. I see an M1 went for $97, but most are going for about $155. The first few went for $180-200. Still cheap compared to the $210usd I paid for the S670, and the $300cdn for the 720.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:35 AM   #79

Hi,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" If anyone with a V1 could post as to whether they have mono or stereo mp3 playback. What region did you get your camera from, us, europe, asia etc and what eraphones do you use? This might help us find a common link between the mono V1's, and maybe a fix if you're lucky. My V1 came from an ebay seller here in the uk, i've tried it with both the supplied phones and my philips eargear, both work in stereo. The only other thing i remember reading is that the us V1 uses a different chipset (omnivision), to the european one (Zoran). Don't know if that's true, but it could be why some are mono and some stereo.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"mitchyk

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:01 PM   #80

Okay I tried that stereo test and I was mistaken my V1 is in STEREO.

I guess my ears weren't tuned properly to tell, or the volume on the unit was too low or it was just a bad song to test with. Anyway, good idea on the stereo test.
replicate is offline   Reply With Quote