Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:43 AM   #31

where the sample video ????????? :?::?::?:
no_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 4:36 AM   #32

Ge........

When I had my camera isat down when it was recieved I reviewed it right then and there, then when I did some saampling thesame thing. ittaken me longer to type then review lol

I am not asking you to go overboard. take your time get some vids out. and have fun with it. this will make the camera really appriciated in your new home, major brand or not.

that is what hybrids about.

paitience on teh sample shots we are all not online 24/7
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:08 PM   #33

The RA# means they will give me my money back. I do not think they have enough cameras on stock to offer replacements.

As far as the video samples, I'll try to load some tonight. Couldn't do it last night, and can't do it during office hours. I'll try to find something where you can clearly judge audio video synchro. To me it is just very annoying to see my clips coming out like a badly translated chinese movies: Sound begins and lips are not moving, sound stops and lips keep on moving. And this is happenning using the highest resolution and bitrates. At lower resolutions and bit rates it gets worse.
gepineda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 3:43 PM   #34

Gep... I fell your pain. I am not in that situation where I need a vid with aud. but I did manage to film a 30 minute show live of coney islands auarium and had displayed for all, as well as the mexican flyers on a lower end camera. All other vid I do edit and have music over the voice. for me I am fine never had a problem with synch,
Old Nov 17, 2005, 4:32 PM   #35

Guys,

I just remembered that I sent a happy birthday video to my little sister over gmail (thank goodness for gmail and it's tolerance for big file sizes). I went to my gmail account downloaded the file, uploaded it to putfile, and now I can post it here. The video shows me delivering happy birthday message to my sister. It is fairly simple, not much movement going around, but you can notice offsynch and background noise. Tell me what you think. Perhaps I'm being too picky. BTW the message is in Spanish.

Video file size is 14mb. Format is xvid. Resolution is 640x480. Frame rate is 30fps.

http://media.putfile.com/b-day48/original
Old Nov 17, 2005, 4:42 PM   #36

Excellente'

added note
aiptek mpvr
http://media.putfile.com/CLIP001090I really did not want to place my mug shot online but as you may see

I am saying " this is mod fishy, my voice may not be synched to the camera. testing one two three , my Aiptek mpvr. do not feel bad you may be suprized other got the same problem, but never come foward to admitting it.

aiptek dv5300 at 640 resolution as well it is symnched may be off by 1000/ of a second far better we'll do the mustek dv5000

http://media.putfile.com/IMG_006344/original

mustekdv5000 has a slight delay in the start up of the vid then it gets going I always wait a few secs why i do not know, the light was on at full Lol it may be synched but you got some samples of other cameras . hope that answers the dilema

http://media.putfile.com/IMAG000813
will do a test on my onther 5 lol

The video resolution is outstanding very natural in colour, shows clearity. the cameras sound is sonmething to wonder about , you do have a clicking and that may be some wite noise filter noise etc. not normal..

It may be normal for that particular camera to be off synck it is a camera. period, it is not a hybrid like a camcorder. so getting a new one may fix that problem , if not then living with it may be something you have to deal with after a swap.

Please post your vid in the upload center so all can share if you like. I again thank you on personal noteA plus...............................

Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:05 PM   #37

Thanks for posting that gepineda, and fishy. Very clear videos. By the way gepineda, youcouldchange your link to use the "original" size, since your video is full 640x480 but by default putfile shows it as 480x360. To do so, just add "/original"to the end of the link, like so:

Cheers.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 6:12 PM   #38

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting that gepineda, and fishy. Very clear videos. By the way gepineda, youcouldchange your link to use the "original" size, since your video is full 640x480 but by default putfile shows it as 480x360. To do so, just add "/original"to the end of the link, like so:

Cheers.
Cal. thank you I did that to one and works great I just need to spell correctly Lol I got a single line out of one Lol.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 6:19 PM   #39

Thanks, fishy, for the videos for comparison.

I like the MV500 video better than the ones fishy posted. The offsynch problem in the MV500, though, seems to be the worst of all the test videos here. And then there is the clicking noise which none of the others have.I think this pushes the decision for returning it rather than keeping it.

If on the swap I do not get a better synching camera, do you know if there is some editing software that will allow me to move audio and video tracks ahead or behind to improve synchronization?

I guess I can rip the audio out with VirtualDub. Then perhaps clip out a piece of the audio stream at the beginning or the end, and finally add a piece of silence at the opposite end of the audio stream. The piece of silence would have to be exactly the same size as the clipping. I can then reencode the whole thing using the modified audio track. It seems like a lot of time and work for a simple audio video resynch. There has to be some software that does easier and simpler. This camera comes with Ulead's Video Studio. But upon a quick revision I couldn't find any functionality that allows you to edit the timing of the audiostream.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 6:43 PM   #40

my video can be great at times I did not want my mug posted at the moment lol. so when I kept the camera facing down the light was not on me and that lead to poor video,.

Now ever hear of windows Xp, or nt

they have windows movie maker

you import the vid, and then you can make a aud blank clip within reason

I own quite a few titles. and I recommend win movie maker simple over ulead

1. i guess waiting 3 secs after the vid will not help sice aud /vid is not aynched

2. return may be your best option due to the noise etc

I have a snapping noise but it can be heard a times if you know what to listen for.