Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:12 AM   #41

I have a question about the DXG 5.1 cam. have some of them been recalled? could there be somthing horriably wrong with such a cam still sealed in the origanel package, that would cause a person to sell it for only $10?

I found an ad in a local forum. I'm thinking that I'm foolish for responding to the add, but I did. heh, I'll put up with the 'spam parade' if I can still get the cam for $10.

I'm sure that I"m not first in theline to get the cam, but is there acatch that I'm missing? I found your sight in a google search on 'DXG 5.1 MEG PIX'!

heh, In the google, I half expected to findsome sort of news artical that's headline read:

"DXG EXPlods gives MILF LaBOT-a-ME" See the pix. See the vid. Read where they found the memory card.... But Ididingt find anything like that at all..

If I actually get the package in my hand what should I look for to make sure it's lagit?
Jaz_men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:28 AM   #42

jazman

1 welcome fisrst ,last see no.1 again

Questions you found a camera for 10.00 at an auction, or advertisement? if it is an auction you will be the only one with the camera , unless there are more then one available? if its an advertisement then you purchase the camera and you get it. all online correct or a paper?

Sounds like the person is selling the camera and it is sealed up. and is offering it at a steal of a deal?

2. the camera can easily be be sealed if you know friends in a meat or wrapping dept. scairy huh? do not let that scair you hardely happens it is seliphane. Most cameras today come in a stiff plastic that you cannot ripp.

a distributer may purchase a lott, and there may be a defect , and thedefect can be from specal of dirt on the lens, bubble in it , an body flaw etc. you will never know about them.

they may call items New, remanufactured, refurbished, reconditioned

Some remanufactured, refurbished, reconditioned cameras will work far better than the new ones

We will never know why, could be agift, and needfast cash, stolen etc. so if you recieve the goods and you want to turnaround and make a profit you may do so. or use the device and again see no.1 it should work fine but if your mind is saying tic toc you got any hybrids

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:29 PM   #43

TigerDirect/Microtek MV500 update

So I get the RA # get all the paper work in order, pack the thing neatly and send it off to TigerDirect. Unfortunately, I find out they will not cover the shipping charge for the return. Oh well, there goes $14 I'll never see again. A few weeks after sending it I get a refund. But I notice the refund is not complete. It is $16 short of the overall total amount in my invoice. So I call TigerDirect to find out what the heck is going on. The guy who answerstells me they probably did not refund the original shipping charges. He doesn't know if this is on purpose or just a mistake and he forwards my call to the voicemail of the guy who should know.

I am angry. I leave a voicemail on the guy's machine letting him know that if they don't refund that, I'll make a chargeback through my credit card to get my money back and that their merchant accounts will have to take the hit. I wait for four days and there's no life signs from these guys. So I write them an email letting them know I've been their customer since 2001. I've bought laptops, and other expensive stuff and I've always dealt with them in good faith. This is the first time I have the bad luck of getting a defective item and the first time ever that they receive a return from me. Now just because I try to do business with them once again, I am out $30 and with no camera at all! I don't think so. I'd much rather give the $30 to a food bank than to let it fall on the laps of TigerDirect or UPS. On the email I also tell them I expect to hear from them by this coming friday or I'll proceed with my chargeback. I think I am being too patient with them. I probably should've just gone ahead and charge it back.

When I first got the MV500 in my hands, I went ahead and shipped out my old HP 1.3 mp camera to my little sister. Yes, to the one I am referring to in the sample video posted earlier in this thread. So now I have no digicam, dadgumit! Holidays are right on top of me now, and I still. So here's where I request you guys' help and expertise. If you can please enlighten my way I'd be much obliged. Just give me your recommendations. This is what I'm looking for:
  • 3 mp or higher res stills [/*]
  • 640 x 480 video with audio at 30 fps, preferrably on xvid format. [/*]
  • web cam capability [/*]
  • using SD flash memory [/*]
  • rechargeable battery with charger (Li polymer preferred, NiMH tolerated) [/*]
  • Procurable through a physical store, not online (xmas is too close now) [/*]
  • No more than $250

Things I couldn't care less about (these are irrelevant to me):
[/*]
  • MP3 playing capability [/*]
  • Portable storage capability to carry other files on the camera [/*]
  • voice memo recording [/*]
  • memory card reader[/*]
  • Direct print capability

Things that I definitely do not want:
[/*]
  • requires CF memory, memory stick or anything else other than SD. [/*]
  • records video on moving jpegs [/*]
  • Video recording is time limited (ie 30 secs max, 1 min max, etc) rather than memory limited [/*]
  • Video only with no audio[/*]
Again thanks in advance for your suggestions.
gepineda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:41 AM   #44

Sgspirit?? isn't the mpvr dsc it says it on the camera lol ??

casio 530 has I believe it was has a 3x optical zoom and video 640-800 @ 30fps with video zoom. no view finder the 770 or 730 is the upgrade. battery life on any lithium ???????? I look into a real digital camera before I concider hybrids forserious pic shooting
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 12:23 PM   #45

To tell the truth I do not really do any serious pic taking. But given that several of the features that define a hybrid are irrelevant to me, perhaps I should go on to consider a serious digicam instead of a hybrid. Most digicams do take videos anyways.

That said, video capability is an important factor for me. I'd like video good enough to produce SVCD disks (480x480 res greater than 1500 bit rate, encoded in MPEG2). I can re-encode xvid or mpeg4 to comply with the above format, but if your source file is junk (low res, low bitrates) the re-encoding will yield junk. Therefore, a plain motion jpeg does not seem to cut it for me. I am not very familiar with the motion jpeg format. Caelum, the comparison chart you posted seems to be broken. I was hoping I chart like that would give me more clues about thecapabilities and limitations of this format.
gepineda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:37 AM   #46

gepineda!!!!! I'm almost in the same situation!!! and now I dont know what to do!!¬*I bought a Microtek Take-it MV500 but unfortunately not from a direct resseler : I bought it from that guy on Ebay that WAS selling a lot of this specific model (he is no longer a registered user¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]!)The problem is the Power button!! Its been smashed or something but clearly not from the post-office since everything else in the box is fine. So there's no way I can even test the camcorder. I wanted this specific model so I dont want to simply return the cam to Singapore... and not even sure they will accept to refund anyway since I bought it on Ebay, and if they do, then I'm gonna end up with no camera at all!!! That sucks, I received it today and since the seller has left ebay, i was fearing that he would'nt even send it! Now that I have it, I cant do anything else than maybe break it even more by trying to take out the damn button from the camera !!That stupid seller did'nt even send an invoice, the only proof of purchase I have is the box... Now I dont know what to do[img]/forums/images/emoticons/dontknow.gif[/img]Kim
AmieDeLaMarmotteEmpaillee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:04 AM   #47

I bought one of those camcorders and the recording button broke but everything was working fine before the recording button and was harder to work before it proke.
stupid nerd is offline   Reply With Quote