Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:54 PM   #1

Wonder cam ws-201, aosta dv 240, premier dv 2010, all is the same ones.

Please more opinions about quality video image in comparison with digilife ddv 7000.
macfali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:27 PM   #2

Thank you for this imput.

I had emailed the owner or provider over one year ago, about the wonder cam at that time the camera was really new and trying to hit the market if it was an import or export. The Person Provided a video sample andit rrealy showed its proformance, the price was high at the time, and really did not offer what I thought to be perfection, but now as time is on the companies side there are great improvements on the hybrids, I hope my information was somewhat helpful fishycomics
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:11 PM   #3

Hi macfali,

Right off the bat, the DDV-7000 has a good-performing 3.1MP sensor, instead of a plain 2.1 on the 2010. The 7000 also has a larger screen, image stabilization and a remote control. So I think the 7000 is a considerably better camera.

There's a picture of the 2010 at:

http://www.premier.com.ua/?sect=prod...mp;mod=dv-2010

From the specs, it may have an optical zoom, but I can't tell for sure what it says.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:31 AM   #4

The stabilizer of image of the ddv 7000 does not serve for anything and always there is a delay in the image, the image is not uniform.
In the premier dv 2010 the image is totally uniform enclosedly with rapid movements of the camera, clear the bitrate is 3,5Mb/s opposite to 1,8Mb/s of the ddv 7000.
The codec of the dv 2010 is M4S2 of Microsoft that as the MPEG2 is OK to high bitrates. I believe that the bitrate of the codec XVID of the dv 7000 will be something major for example 2,5Mb/s, is a shame.
I sincerely prefer more quality of image and fewer minutes of video, which can be corrected by a major card.
Please more opinions, A Greeting.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:35 AM   #5

Ah, forgot me, the majority of the integrated circuits of the dv 2010 are samsung.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:18 AM   #6

Hello Macfali. I read your comments on the DDV 7000. I am now considering buying one. Would you give me your advice. Should I buy it or are all the problems too much bother? Superjack
Superjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:17 PM   #7

Superjack, the problem of the ddv 7000 is that in the maximun quality the bitrate is low, alone 1,8 Mb/s for a resolution of 640 x 480, is a shame.
Sometimes it is pixelacion in the image and this one is not uniform.
I have had also the hanshing dv 4140 (aosta dv 480) and the quality of image was much better, the bitrate to maximum quality was approximately 3Mb/s, the only one problem that I found in the dv 480 was that the battery was becoming exhausted very fast and that it needed many light to record well.
You think:if the bitrate is high best quality of image fewer minutes of recording.
Low Bitrate worse quality of image - more minutes of recording. I have it clear.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:28 PM   #8

Hello there! I'm also in a dilema on choosing a good hybrid camera,here in the philippines,the digilife 7000 is available as well as the wondercam(a.k.a funtwist d-clip 310),the question is,performance wise(i mean video,pictures and battery life),which is much better?
acebro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:28 PM   #9

Welcome, acebro1,

We have plenty of info on the Digilife DDV-7000 (aka 720) here, but not much on the Wondercam. Hopefully more owners of different cameras will find this site and add information.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:37 AM   #10

acebro1 wrote:
Quote:
Hello there! I'm also in a dilema on choosing a good hybrid camera,here in the philippines,the digilife 7000 is available as well as the wondercam(a.k.a funtwist d-clip 310),the question is,performance wise(i mean video,pictures and battery life),which is much better?
Hello there. I just bought a Digilife ddv 7000 last week. Aside from the chrome paintjob and the near total-darkness videos I get during low light, I find it very handy. I wasgoing to go for Funtwist since it had a more sturdy-looking casing, but I just had to have the 7000's remote control feature.Also, the user-friendly interface of the 7000 is exactly the same as the Genius dv610's, the dv cam I was supposed to buy (but it ran out of stock).

Well, the 7000 is good enough for me. My next buy would probably be a Samsung mini-dv, but that will have to come much later asthe price is 5x as much
Corporal_Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote