Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:54 PM   #1

I've own two hybrid cameras the Mustek DV5500 and Digilife DDV-M1.I'm okay that it plays MP3s, but why are they so limited in options. The thing that bother me the most was that each file showed up as mp3_001, 02 and so on, Why can't itjusthave ID3 tags soI can know what song I'm listen to. Why is there no search function artist, track, and album? I wish there are firmware for these hybrid that can do these functions.
Bukgaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:28 AM   #2

Welcome aboard, that is a good question as playing aroundwith my new toy the aiptek mpvr it does say the tital of the song so it may also be for the mustek to iforget I'll check again later today. possable fix may be you need to have a title on the mp3?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:00 PM   #3

My first hybrid, the Aiptek DV4500, had the best MP3 player. All of them so far have had a volume control. Lucky Day!

The Aiptek displayed the name of the song, how long it was, and how long it had been playing. You could skip forward or back within a song. You could control the bass/treble and "depth". You could delete songs.

The Digilife DDV-S670 and 720 have a volume control, and display how long a song has been playing. You can't delete songs from the camera, no tone or depth controls, no indication of the length of the song or name etc. The 720 had plenty of volume for the earphones, the S670 had a terribly weak speaker.

The Digilife DDV-V1 has a volume control, displays the names of the songs, and displays how long a song has been playing. You can delete songs from the camera. BUT, as I've said whenever possible, the MP3 player is MONO. It seems V1's sold in Europe have stereo MP3. The V1 has a "loud" speaker.

So what's going on here? I believe the chip makers have to pay a license fee for the MP3 function. Maybe there are different license fees, or patent issues that limit the features or cost of the MP3 function.

The V1 uses a Zoran chipset. The MP3 function is bundled with the imaging components. The S670 and 720 use Omnivision chipsets, and I don't know if the MP3 function is part of that, or something Digilife got from somewhere else. In any case, the MP3 limits may be built into the chipset, or may be limited by how they are implemented by the camera designers. It would be nice to hear from someone who knows all about this, which means basically I haven't answered the question.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:04 PM   #4

Buckgaggy thank you and again welcome. As I have finished my real job anddedicated to thissite. thank god no spam here SteveA+ no matter what they say about you.

above picture, shows two cameras the aiptek mpver and the mustekdv4500

has titles my friend . you need to understand it may be the song not having any hidden codes in it or you are making your own mp3 titles, What I do agree and not arguing here, mustek may not have enough characters to display the whole title but a few. there are two songs on it. and th aiptek aswell at least gives you more then mustek it is a start? hope we have answered your question thank you fishy

ps now this will go into the review for add'l info thanx
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:30 PM   #5

Mustek DV-9300music playerscreens. Supports MP3 and WMA.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:04 PM   #6

Mod fishy and Old Hacer are so lucky! I do have some mp3 files that I did not create. I usually use WMP10 to rip my songs from my CDs and let it find the song title for me online. Oh well, I believe sgspirit is right about manufacturer limiting the mp3 functionsso they cancut cost or having to pay for license fees.
Bukgaggy is offline   Reply With Quote