Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:17 PM   #1

Welcome As my pc is crashing, my cables are lost, other forum member wanting an avatar, video software missplacedand it is raining, what can i do but have my mind race rampadlone .and add important info to my thread or threads. let me take a break,

well I got my mustek and found my cable to that camera and it is not what I really wanted to do , but it has to till tommorrow, force me to clean house.

I have the first economy hybrid with a optical zoom. as soon as my cable appears the test shall begin. 3xoptical, for now. and with the mustek as a example I am sure i'll get sound as well how I came about this I researched the samsung miniket, and that gave me a brain storm

On a personal note there are more important issues right now.

so I plugged in thmustek to some rca female to female jacks and both corasponding eds to the camera. turned on the mustek faced it to onedorection and turned on my aitek and i got my picture, I zoomed in in digital tillI can find my olympus cable, this shall do, I'll make a video and some step pic'sstay tuned.

till i find my cable it is a 3 prong a two prog does not work

suggestions comments please post here

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:52 AM   #2

It is a brand new day, and everybody is wondering. Wil the two breeds MIX ?

Well I awoke and searched one room ata time, I overlooked the cable big tim. it was right where I left it, in my portable tv, for viewing the digital camera. lol( 4 inch color tv by colby)

I grabbed the battery I put on charge as i am drained with all my testing of the new one. I did some random tests and got everythingto work. when I reviewed my vid and not showing you playback I realized I made a mistake, ni video was present, well one major problem was i needed to re-format the card, why f from another camera etc. now i have the video playback and with one problem, I have video , but no sound, not a problem at all, b/c I edit to music on most videos

Yes the external lenswill work , w/o sound, and As I go on a vacation both cameras go with me , and I can assure you this i'll whip outthe cable plug in the camera place in the shirt pocket (can't see the vid if i do that) look through my view finder and zoom in and film. I got my video UNDISTORTED and clear. I believe Aiptek, as well as digilife can have an attachment made if they just taken that extra 3 seconds to listn to the poor little guy hey why not add an external lens. he or she deserves the credit , but i am sure I stole th highlight. thank you stay tuned for the vid of the optical zoom, the link provided is of the Demo

dem of how to hook up a optical zoomhttp://media.putfile.com/Untitled_000722

live footage of the optical zoom and digital zoom you decide? the drawback is I see what my olympus sees can rop the icons out lol. just gonna look for an external minket lens on ebay.

2 links 28 mb youtube 18 putfile no compression on my end

1. youtube http://www.youtube.com/?v=eXMqsOLvbmk

2. putfile http://media.putfile.com/Untitled_000722

Old Oct 9, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3

Hi fishycomics,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" I had a similar idea to use my s5000 as a kind of proxy lens, as it has superior lens, sensor and 10x optical zoom, but my V1 has much better compression for video. Haven't had time to try it out yet, but judging by your results, this could be a new hobby, similar to digi-scoping. Use your decent camera's lens and optical zoom, combined with your digital camcorder's excellent video compression. Now that's what i call a hybrid!!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"mitchyk

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:18 PM   #4

it is a start. a external lens and let alone I hooked up a wireless infrared camera, wired and non wired got a vid at night shots i think the battery was a little low but it works for me. a video

fist vid is with the external camera, 2nd is the regular mpvr and third is night mode mpvr al in one clip

http://media.putfile.com/Movie5493
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:43 PM   #5

Hi,

That video just goes to show how far theCMOS sensors in these cameras have to come before they can rival CCD's, when it comes to light sensitivity.There are good CMOS based sensors out there,I mean they were originally developed by NASA andNASA obviouslyneed low light capability. It's just they won't be available at the price ofthese hybrids for a while yet. Couple of years at least i'd imagine, but for the price and size, i'm still more than happy with my V1. Will have to do a test video my fuji s5000 hooked up and see what it comes out like.

mitchyk

Old Oct 13, 2005, 2:49 PM   #6

just playing around a little I have cable, and thought I could hook up directly to the camera with an adaptor. coax to a stereo plug, but nope it needs converting the signal cannot be picked up, I guess we needa video player like the cable box or vcr dvd that has vid out, So I just found my video out and aud out and plugged in the camera good to go.............

another thing Iwas chatting about was the usb cable to record a movie for its power source. the battery is out of the camera and the usb cable is plugged in works like a charm, now my next question is I wonder if i can find a way to make a ac adaptor and plug into the usb port, without damaging the camera? thought Aiptek would be swift and make that an option I would have paid the extra few dollars for that feature.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:26 AM   #7

Hi,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" fishycomics, it won't work like that because you need to convert the signal from rf to video, you can get rf to video converters quite cheap though. Secondly, you could make a charging lead that way, but you need to bear a couple of points in mind, each USB port on your computer is limited to 500ma each, which is more than enough to charge your battery, But make sure the ac adaptor is of the regulated kind otherwise it could provide too much current and cook your battery.Also,USB ports provide 5 volts which means you need an adptor which provide 5volts, most adaptors provide 4.5 and 6, but skip 5. Digital camera adaptors do provide 5 volts, but they tend to be more expensive than regular ones.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"mitchyk