Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:14 PM   #1

* *I just purchased a DigiLife DDV-M1 in the US, I live in Caracas Venezuela. Yesterday I fully charged the battery, it has 3,7V+. According to the manual (not very good, I would say very uncomplete) y flipped out the LCD panel and all I got was a RED light at the right hand corner of the direction button for a little while. This happens every time I flip open the LCD panel or press the power button. Can anybody help me?[img]/forums/images/emoticons/confused-smiley-017.gif[/img]
Albatross40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:58 PM   #2

Albatross40,

Welcome to the forum! I think so far there's only one Digilife DDV-M1 owner participating here, so only they could be of much help for you. You could search this forum for "M1", and then email the person directly.

The M1 is very much like the Digilife DDV-720, which turned on just by opening the screen. The Digilife DDV-V1 does not power up until you press a power button that you can only get at when you open the screen.

It could be a bad battery, defective camera, or it could have some on-off button you haven't discovered yet. If it's not the latter, the easiest thing to do would be to contact whomever you bought it from, or try to get an answer out of Digilife. The next easiest thing would be to buy another battery. They're sold on eBay for as little as $4usd, plus shipping.

Good luck with it.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:23 PM   #3

Thanks for your prompt reply and help. I am afraid I will lose the investment, as I live at abt 9 hrs. flight from California, where the company I bought it from is located. The battery is ok, I found no "hidden" buttons so.... I feel [img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:24 PM   #4

I took a look at the Digilife DDV-910 on www.ispan.com.tw. It's supposed to be the same as the M1. It looks to me like there is an on/off button on the camera body underneath the screen. Commonly power buttons like this have to be held in for a few seconds before the camera powers up.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:42 PM   #5

HiI tried that button also, happens exactly the same as when I just flip the viwer open.I wrote to the other only DDV-M1 owner asking for help. Statistically 50% of the M1 owners in the forum ar unhappy....., not good for the manufacturer!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:46 PM   #6

My M1 came with a NP-60 3.7v 1100mAh. Is your battery more than 3.7v? Are you using the right card (Manual says you got to have a SD card), no multimedia card. If so, I think thesecould be sone of the problemwhy itdid not work. I've had this problem too. The way I solve it is by removing both the battery and the SD card and reinsert them firmly and I was able to boot the M1. If this doesn't solve the problem, I suggest you do what sgspirit said earlier.
Bukgaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:39 AM   #7

So I read the 910's manual, and it's supposed to power up when you open the screen. Or hold the power button in for a few seconds. It definitely sounds like you've got a bad one, Albatross40. This is really unfortunate that doa's are so rare, and it's so difficult for you to deal with it.

I suspect that, like the 720, if you have an sd card in it with an .asf file on it, it will also shut down before fully powering up.

Can you tell us who you bought it from?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:23 AM   #8

if Alb....... had purchased.;

1 an ebay user , request that they pay for all or at least half the shipping charges?

2 if from a store , and cannot go back again referre to question 1.

3. if all luck fails, find the webpage of the company and make that long distant call if in your area, cell phones are fre long distant on sum to most areas? and request a repair?

4. Bringing to your local tv repair shop may fix the problem, but not at all. too now for their eyes may be charged too much to repair

5. last resort, resell back on ebay, and get rid of it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote