Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:59 AM   #101
sub

Hi Guys,
I got my AipTeck recently and like it a lot. It is my first digital camera so everything is new to me.
However, there are some areas where I am confused and wonder if someone can help me.

1)When I take VGA video and play it back on my PC Windows98SE the sound is not synchronized with the picture. Is it normal or am I doing something wrong.

2) Disk mode is working OK, however I cannot get to get to work Camera mode. What software should I use to test camera mode. When I use any Windows' Imaging software it will see that camera on USB is connected but will give error message "Cannot detect device".

Any suggestions?
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:05 PM   #102

question 1, codecs are off. not your fault you may need to lower the bit video rate down.03 from 30fps to 29.7

question 2 the software may be. to advanced for win 98 and that you may want to take the sd card out and use a reader.

I suggest in order to get the camera driver recognised, load software up first.

plug camera up, turn on let it recognise. if not turn on camera go to mp3 player. go back to camera and snap a shot, then go plug camera up and see if that works.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 6:47 PM   #103
sub

Thanks!
Lets talk about video bit rate first. The sample video I took had frame rate soooo slow that when I moved camera it was like slide show. It appears that there is no setting on camerae so how can I lower the video bit rate down.03 from 30fps to 29.7, Is the video bit rate adjusted automatically based on lighting? The sound was off about 1 sec. Is it normal?
Old Dec 25, 2005, 8:17 PM   #104

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

read this t hread its helpful.

1you recieved the arc converter. you may try lowering the bit rate there in the settings.

2 you may try windows movie maker adding a split second frame

3. best known solution. is to allow the camera to play for 3 wasted seconds at the beginning and at the end. if you have to place your hand over the lens or speaker as an otion try that trick it works all the time.

if you hit record and try t o film a.s.a.p. you get off synch.

hope that helps out.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 8:52 PM   #105
sub

Thanks!
At least I know that I do not need to run to Target to get my refund.
Now this camera mode and driver may be Windows98se related because I cant even install Muvee Auto Producer on W98.

You have suggested "to take the sd card out and use a reader."
As a video newbie I am ignorant about terminology.
What is "sd card" and what is "reader".
Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:03 PM   #106

Please forgive me first.........

the sandisk card or mmc card that stores your videos on?

1 the camera is a mass storage unit it allows the camera to read info on a sd (storage device)

2. so when you plug in the camera you may have to try a few ways to trick 98 to accept it. loadthe camera first w/o a card, turn on power. turn on camera with a sd card empty, and then with some vid on it

they are known as drives.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:07 PM   #107
sub

There is another problem.
I have VGA selected and am getting max 5.7 fps from Media Player and the clip shows 320x240 on the Media Converter.
Is this problem light related?
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:13 PM   #108
sub

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Please forgive me first.........

the sandisk card or mmc card that stores your videos on?
My fault, I should read manual first it is clearly there.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:59 PM   #109
sub

False Alarm!
Everything appears to be a OK
I guess I am just confused because it is all new to me.
I went to ArcSoft PhotoImpression and select "Cameras&Scanners" menu and click on Coach Digital Camera I get error: No device detected.
This is not my first time to play with PhotoImpression.
However, I was fixating my effort on this menu and nothing else.

Than I discovered menu "VIDEO" so I clicked on it and life picture appeared. (Wow!!!)
Then I click on "Removable Media Work" and I got all picture as they are in camera. (Wow again!!!)
I am Happy!!!!
I like the AIPTEK now!
Thanks!

By the way should I get something on "Coach Digital Camera?"
So now the only problem remains how to get VGA correct format and correct frame rate.

Old Dec 26, 2005, 7:26 AM   #110

stop and read the 0 plus page book it may take you a few minutes to understand..

1 your camera works fine now?

Lets do this test

1make a 1 minute video. no allow the camera to open up and click on the file/ subfile /name of file should be clip0001,2,3,4,5

2. now double click clip0001 and window media opens it up. follow this:

go to the tabs VIEW right after file. click it go down to statistics, and click it click advance .....

You'll see your fps to be running at 29.7-30.3 and will slow down to a steady 29.8 (something like that)

2.Photo impressions may only be an orginizer and you need to learn the program that takes time.

you'll also need to learn the muvee4 as well

I preferre win movie maker and others

Now what you are doing in arc is grabbing a video you added from your pc that is on wmv format, that DOES NOT PLAY on the camera that you made from win movie maker as an example. you then need to go to arc converter and convert. that is why you see a lower res and a multiple sizes in fps. hope that cleared up the questions

look in here for HOW TO USE THE SOFTWARE SECTION watch the video. and comment. you'll learn.................