Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:43 AM   #111

Hi all,

I recently bought the Aiptek MPVR, and I've tried all of the suggestions in this forum, but I cannot get the voice and the video to synch up. Can somebody list all of the settings in their camera? I am using a Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB memory card. Do you have any ideas? I'd rather not have to synch things up via software.

Thanks for your help!!!

Oinkers
oinkersnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:48 AM   #112

did you allow the camera to vid for the 1st 3 secs before starting your vid? that normally clears it up.

640x480 ( vga)(highest res) all settings left alone allow th camera to start up, and sit fir a 30 secs before starting the vid possablely the buffer needs to free andin start up it is full.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:56 AM   #113

Fishy,

Yeah...I've been waiting over 30 seconds after I power up the camera before shooting any video. I also wait about 5 seconds after I hit record before trying anything. Still, the sounds and the video are out of synch....by less than a second....but it's enough to drive me nuts. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Oinkers
oinkersnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:07 AM   #114

oinkers 9 posts ABOVE THIS is a video you may need to watch and get the answer but you do not wantt o do software editing.

so try formatting the card. I have had this problem as well but can clear up too. I worry nt about my voice and vid i worry if the pc can handle the video/au speed. try watching on the tube see if it is noticable and as well as the camera

I also take note that when filming a subject it may be offsynch right there as well lol. so it may be the sd card and or the camera so sorry if I do not have the true answer yet...............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:29 PM   #115
sub

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
You'll see your fps to be running at 29.7-30.3 and will slow down to a steady 29.8 (something like that)
OK,
I have done as you suggested:
1) Camera set at VGA
2) Camera resolution set at 1M
3) I have reformatted sd card
4) Recorded 1 minute clip with lens covered
5) Play back from usb and PC memory Media Player shows 2762.1 Kbps
6) Actual Rate 6.1 fps.
7) From Media Converter I can read format 320x240
What is wrong.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 3:02 AM   #116

You guys have me convinced. I just purcashed the 6800 MPVR for $159 (comes with 50 sheets of photo paper and the Aiptek remote). I'm actually upgrading from my DV4500 which I've had for over a year now. The reason being is the power button broke off, the clear lens cover is lost and the picture seems to be permanently stuck in Macro mode (even after rotating the lens). I just hope the quality is a little better than the 4500 in all ways. And I have a question. I just set my 4500 to 640x480 video mode and the FPS was ~10 throughout. I did some thinking after watching it on a big screen. Even if it was running at 30FPS it wouldn't look too great because of the pixelated look it has. Is the 6800 video clearer than the 4500 at 640x480 and even 352x288? OH and if anyone here is looking for a backup battery, GO TO EBAY. 99 cents ($5.64 total with1-3 day shipping)buy it now price for a NEW 8210 nokia 830 mAh li-ion battery. Only 20 mAh less than the official Aiptek one AND all the connectors match EXACTLY (I compared the pics).

I'm already getting impatient...ordered it 4 hours ago and it's STILL in the "Being shipped" stage. Hopefully by morning it will be shipped and by Friday, with that 3-5 day shipping, I'll have it! Can't wait to test this baby out! :|
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:06 AM   #117
sub

Hi Fishy,
No matter what I do, I cannot get VGA only QVGA and no more than about 6 Fps. I have tried internal as well as external memory.
I am affright that the camera may be defective.

sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:45 AM   #118

When I first got my 4500, I took some pics and some video and afterwards connected it to my PC. After I was done I went to take a picture and BLAM! Fuzzy, rainbow colored static with NO picture visable. Sadly, I believe it is defective. You should be getting right around 29FPS (unless you have image stabilizer/night mode on). I hope your warranty hasn't run out.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:43 AM   #119

Hey! - you say the video rate is low? 6fps?!?! that is horrible. you just may have a defective camera!

But before you send it back, the things that cause the MPVR to have bad video is #1 having nightmode on. Make sure it is TURNED OFF! - this is a very useless feature.. and I have never had GREAT video at night when it was used.

the other thing #2 is you may want to turn the stabilizer off. It does a great job but at times it may blur or make the video not as clear or as fast as normal.

Its best to turn off ALL extra features and turn on all AUTO features. this will make for a much better video from my experience.
MPVR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:50 AM   #120

I have read reviews on both Aiptek and Sanyo C5/C6. I know the two are apples and oranges but I wanted to compare them anyway. So, I bought both and tested side by side and here's what I found out from my own experiments.

Here's my two cents worth review/observation:

Sanyo certainly hasbetter lens andwith smooth optical zoom.

Both camerasare userfriendly. Hardly any difference between them.

In performance, Sanyo was inconsistent: Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

In Indoor shots, both performed badly.

Aiptek peformed consistently ok. Never great video or snapshots but you will soon learn what to expect and totake shots accordingly. I like the dvd in future. I will try to download a dvd movie and take it on one of my freq. flying trips to watch it on the plane.

Neither of the cameras will give prize winning shots. They are good for taking shots on the fly. To get those shots whereI wouldn't carry a full-blown camcorder. I would get shots that I wouldn't have otherwise using either of the cameras.

For these"On the fly" shots, aiptek does the job fabulously.

Until the technology gets to a point of making these cameras take mpeg2 (in the least) quality video and perform far better in low-light, I will not put out more than $200 for these cameras. From that point of view, Aiptek excels.

Buck for buck (especially considering Sanyo's hefty price at$500+ in comparison to Aiptek MPVR at $150), Aiptek is certainly abetter deal.

So, I've deceided to keep Aiptek and return the Sanyo C5.

I will probablygeta Canon Optura 600 or somethng similar to it down the road.

Well, that's my two cents' worth.

espy is offline   Reply With Quote