Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:05 PM   #121
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Sub.......Oink...............

I will do you a favor and call aiptek , and ask them about the aud / vid synch. This will only find an answer but not fix the problem. I do have perfect , and off synch issues as others do . I believe it has to do with the surroundings, the lighting and other issues. I will make this call after 7pm est.



3face.. welcome aboard. The camera is a Fine purchase and issues or not, you'll be happy. a remote and paper is worth every penny the paper will just be a start, but having a remote, is one up on me. you saved some money and got a nice deal, but back when Target offered it for 98.00 that was a steal. Hope you'll be happy with your new Pc hybrid



Sub again 6fps you got a problem. where are you seeing 6fpsin windows media under view and actual fps?

Espy ............

welcome aboard...............

there is no comparison against zoom and optical, but since it is hybrids we are a talking about. and they all have their own glitchs. I rather own a camcorder for 300.00 plus, and better be switchable lens. 25x optical zoom, but for on the fly

110% agree. Aiptek works fine for me and the more important vids with sound I go with my Musteks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:21 PM   #122
sub
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Default

OK, so I went to Target and got new MPVR unit and same thing :
Bit rate is 2762.1 Kbit.
About 5 fps
However there is indicator "FRAMES SKIPPED" on Windows98SE Media Player showing about 1000 frames per minute were skipped.
What is that?
Obviously if it skipping frames it will not play them.
How can I adjust it?
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:36 PM   #123
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

2050.04 30 fps actual 29.8 that is what I get. so it may be what you are recording etc I do not have the answer for you

but 2748, at 30 fps at 29.9 must be the video of how much info is on it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:51 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
3FaCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Default

sub wrote:
Quote:
OK, so I went to Target and got new MPVR unit and same thing :
Bit rate is 2762.1 Kbit.
About 5 fps
However there is indicator "FRAMES SKIPPED" on Windows98SE Media Player showing about 1000 frames per minute were skipped.
What is that?
Obviously if it skipping frames it will not play them.
How can I adjust it?
I've got a question for you. Is it RECORDINGat 5FPS (very jerky slow movement) or PLAYING BACK at 5FPS? If it's the playback, it might be your SD card. Don't really know what it could be. I've never encountered an issue like this with my 4500. The framerate was ALWAYS perfect, never below what was advertised and I've used a few different SD cards and the internal memory. But maybe it's a glitch with the camera itself, maybe a faulty batch was sent out to stores...and that scares me, because I might get one. :O
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:58 PM   #125
sub
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Default

Well, I have tried to play same clip on the camera and it is much better quality than played on PC so the problem is on PC. Where, I do not know. I have not find any settings on the Media Player and certainly will not try to fix anything now because I am Using computer for work and every time I am trying something new it will screw-up something else.

So unless someone knows how to fix "skipping frames" or et least to analyze why is my Media Player skipping frames, I am done.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 2:35 PM   #126
Senior Member
 
3FaCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Default

sub wrote:
Quote:
Well, I have tried to play same clip on the camera and it is much better quality than played on PC so the problem is on PC. Where, I do not know. I have not find any settings on the Media Player and certainly will not try to fix anything now because I am Using computer for work and every time I am trying something new it will screw-up something else.

So unless someone knows how to fix "skipping frames" or et least to analyze why is my Media Player skipping frames, I am done.
OH it's a CODEC ISSUE. Why didn't you say so :idea:?? Your on 98SE right? Download the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack (or any codec pack really) and you should be home free.

http://www.agrreviews.com/modules/my....php?lid=17113

That or it could be your PC can't handle the raw power of the Aiptek camera :-)! But seriously, that makes me feel 100x better...well that and the fact that my order JUST SHIPPED! And it's arrival date is THURSDAY!!!! Problem is...my spare battery is coming tomorrow...and I wont have the charger until Thursday. Ah well, at least I'm getting it!:-)

3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:52 PM   #127
sub
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Default

3FaCE wrote: Unfortunately this link is dead!
However, there is a codec supplied with APVR.
So it should work.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:58 PM   #128
Senior Member
 
3FaCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Default

sub wrote:
Quote:
3FaCE wrote: Unfortunately this link is dead!
However, there is a codec supplied with APVR.
So it should work.

Sorry I didn't check it. Just search for it and you'll find it. I'm 99.999999% positive that's your problem. If that isn't it, it's your RAM or Processor Speed. If your computer is over 5 years old, it may have trouble playing these videos at the correct framerate.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:27 AM   #129
sub
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Default

The codec did not kelped so it must be my PC hardware.
I have emailed clip to my friend an it works a OK on his PC.
If someone knows what hardware requirements I need please let me know.
I have nice program which tells me what I have but does not tell me what I need for VGA 30fps.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:23 PM   #130
Senior Member
 
3FaCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Default

sub wrote:
Quote:
The codec did not kelped so it must be my PC hardware.
I have emailed clip to my friend an it works a OK on his PC.
If someone knows what hardware requirements I need please let me know.
I have nice program which tells me what I have but does not tell me what I need for VGA 30fps.

Go to start, run and type in dxdiag. That will tell you all you need to know about your PC. I would guess the minimum requirements are a 1.0ghz Processor and 128MB RAM. Well anyway, now you know the real problem. Time to UPGRADE. If you don't play games, I'd go with a $500 or $600 HP. Great for everything except gaming...which means I'd never buy one!:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:09 AM.