Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:38 PM   #131

I got my mpvr for Christmas its a really good camera. I am really enjoying but i just tired to record something from TV but once I plugged it up to the TV and turn the camera on the images didnt display on the LCD screen. any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this problem? Do i need a memory card first?
Lucky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:55 PM   #132

Lucky Welcome

1 I go through a vcr and video out while the vcr is on make sure you got it plugged in the jack under the mini usb not the one outside the cover.

you do not need a sd card at the moment but for longer play you will.

1 any out source must go through the lowest plug that is below the usb behind the cover, you might have miss read it and plugged into the ear bud plug

Lucky7 wrote:
Quote:
I got my mpvr for Christmas its a really good camera. I am really enjoying but i just tired to record something from TV but once I plugged it up to the TV and turn the camera on the images didnt display on the LCD screen. any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this problem? Do i need a memory card first?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:05 PM   #133

Lucky7 wrote:
Quote:

Read ALLLLLL of my topic :-) I mentioned somewhere in that mess you need to plug the AV in into the reciever itself. If you are watching a DVD, plug it into the DVD player. If you are watching staticky cable on your TV without a cable box, plug it into the TV. If you are watching from a cable box or satellite reciever, plug it into there. I think that covers it all pretty well :G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:53 PM   #134

1 here is a picture it explaines how to hook up a outsource to a hybrid

all you need to do is turn on the vcr, and the hybrid wilsee the pic.

Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:19 PM   #135

Fishy...that pic confuses even ME! :blah::?:?:?

It's really much less complicated. You plug the yellow thingy into the yellow hole. Plug the white thingy into the white hole and VOILA! Your done.:G
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:55 AM   #136

can you record video using the usb cable attached as an alternative power source? i would like to record some tv programs. everytime i plug in the usb connector it just displays two selections camera and disk. i know that camera is for the webcam feature and the disk is the usb disk feature. do i really have to depend on the battery life to record videos? or can i use the usb as an alternative power source?
quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:06 PM   #137

No, NO NO NO NO NO NO, NO NO NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

(probably never seen it, but that's from SEXY BEAST, so GO SEE IT)

Read my topic...all 3 million pages of it

Here's what you can do with it attached to the USB cable.

1. View media on your SD card or Internal Memory (if no card in)

2. Switch to camera mode and record via Webcam software (not provided with the MPVR)

What you want is the Aiptek AC Adapter. It will allow you to plug your MPVR into a wall outlet WITHOUT a battery so you can record, listen to mp3s, do whatever you could do WITH a battery (except move more than 5 feet or so :-)). Go to Aiptek.com, click MPVR and look in accessories, it's $9.99. All it REALLY is is the battery charger plug with an extension to plug into the camera itself. It REALLY should have been packaged with the MPVR (stupid Aitpek).

To Record TV (I assume you have cable, or Satellite) take the AV In cable, plug it into the satellite or cable box (yellow onto yellow, white onto white, it's almost rocket science) and turn on your MPVR. After a second or 3, you should see the program on the screen. NOW, you CAN close the screen while recording. The screen will go off, but the MPVR will NOT. So there ya go.

Easy as .....stuff that's easy :G
Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:36 PM   #138
sub

3FaCE wrote
Quote:
What you want is the Aiptek AC Adapter. It will allow you to plug your MPVR into a wall outlet WITHOUT a battery so you can record, listen to mp3s, do whatever you could do WITH a battery (except move more than 5 feet or so :-))
Not so!
The Aiptek AC Adapter is only battery charger!
So you have to remove the battery and charge it and than reinstall it.
The AC Adapter comes bundled with MPVR.
Mine did.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:13 PM   #139

Quake2eater welcome in

1you may not record video via a USB cable/rca din.

2 you will need the stereo plug with the aud/vid attachment.

3 youmay transfer using the mini usb cable video.

4 Now if you need to have constant power like the lil puppy there 3FAce you need to have an ac adaptor spicifically made for the aiptek, not the one that came with the mpvr that you place the battery into for charging.

5 you may make a ac adaptor from home made material as long as the volts stay 4.5vdc and sub out the battery/

6 the usb is bypassed when the mini usb is plugged in

Did I miss anything

Yes you can overload 6vdc and you'll not damage the camera. and you may place 3.6vdcandthe camera will work. I wonder if you place 2.4 vdc as well? will it work? yep
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:37 PM   #140

sub wrote:
Quote:
3FaCE wrote
Quote:
What you want is the Aiptek AC Adapter. It will allow you to plug your MPVR into a wall outlet WITHOUT a battery so you can record, listen to mp3s, do whatever you could do WITH a battery (except move more than 5 feet or so :-))
Not so!
The Aiptek AC Adapter is only battery charger!
So you have to remove the battery and charge it and than reinstall it.
The AC Adapter comes bundled with MPVR.
Mine did.

WRONG sub, you are WRONG! :-)

Check out the Aiptek site. They sell it for $9.99 and if you look carefully, you'll see an input the same as on the USB/AV Out cable. It comes BUNDLED with that little accessory so you can plug it into the wall and use it. It can ALSO be used to charge the battery, but you have to remove the bonus accessory they make you pay $9.99 for.
Attached Images