Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:59 PM   #141
sub

3FaCE wrote:
Quote:
WRONG sub, you are WRONG! :-)

Check out the Aiptek site. They sell it for $9.99 and if you look carefully, you'll see an input the same as on the USB/AV Out cable. It comes BUNDLED with that little accessory so you can plug it into the wall and use it. It can ALSO be used to charge the battery, but you have to remove the bonus accessory they make you pay $9.99 for.
OK you may be right!
I have just discovered that I can unplug my AC adapter from the battery charger.
But where on the MPVR 2K6 I plug-in my AC adapter?
The manual shows only:
1) Earphone connector (outside)
2) USB Connector/TV OUT connector (under cover)
3) AV IN Connector (under cover)
By the way mine AC/battery charger came bundled in the bubble back purchased from the Target all for $149.00
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:13 PM   #142

2) USB Connector/TV OUT connector (under cover)'

Right there, Aiptek should really have bundled the adapter that plugs FROM the AC power charger into the USB Connector/TV OUT. WEIRD why they wouldn't :?

also did you see the pic i posted?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:37 PM   #143
sub

3FaCE wrote:
Quote:
2) USB Connector/TV OUT connector (under cover)'

Right there, Aiptek should really have bundled the adapter that plugs FROM the AC power charger into the USB Connector/TV OUT. WEIRD why they wouldn't :?

also did you see the pic i posted?
Agree, WEIRD!
Now I got it!
There is not one word about it in the manual.
I wonder if the adapter plug is available by itself.
Why should I buy another AC adapter?
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:46 PM   #144

I wonder if radioshack or other place sells the submini usb plug. b/c the last time I looked nope.

Aiptek came out after they made the camera and made it an Option, just like the remote.

we all agree it can be added to the camera?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:13 PM   #145

the trouble is aiptek only ships to continental us i can't buy it because i am here in the philippines. do you have idea where to buy? the store where i bought the camera did not have the mini usb accessory
quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:47 PM   #146

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/

Aiptek is world wide they may go under another .com if you search Sgspirit or oldhacer found the webpage before. and its called the 6800 in the Uk.

Sorry I cannot search for everything........

Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:10 PM   #147

yea, $9.99 seems like a bit much...............lol actually no, I think i'll just buy it. That way I can charge my battery AND use the adapter at the same time.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 5:12 PM   #148

3FaCE wrote:
Quote:
Lucky7 wrote:
Quote:
I got my mpvr for Christmas its a really good camera. I am really enjoying but i just tired to record something from TV but once I plugged it up to the TV and turn the camera on the images didnt display on the LCD screen. any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this problem? Do i need a memory card first?

Read ALLLLLL of my topic :-) I mentioned somewhere in that mess you need to plug the AV in into the reciever itself. If you are watching a DVD, plug it into the DVD player. If you are watching staticky cable on your TV without a cable box, plug it into the TV. If you are watching from a cable box or satellite reciever, plug it into there. I think that covers it all pretty well :G
Thanks you guys I am going to try it out again.

Lucky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:52 PM   #149
clv

I received the MVPR as a birthday gift last week. It is my first ever digital camera.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions once I get up the nerve to charge the battery

and try it out.

I read a review somewhere the day after I got it, and this person suggested buying a 28mm lens cover. I ordered 2 and they are too big. Anyone else ordered snap-on lens covers and what size?

Thanks!
clv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 3:00 PM   #150

Welcome aboard to the site clv. your best bet is to find one on your own, the lens is already protected, and the size may be in mm i had made one from a chair bottom. and remembered the size was around 1.1/4 inch . Not helpful this time round

the outer lens dieameter is 1 inch 1/8 extra, may not be the exact measurement

and the inner dieameter is 3/4 inch measurement , may not be the exact measures. take th camera with you andtest out covers ata camer shop?

What I also praticed on the ones I own were soda. water, juice caps. medicine cany ketchup covers.

and when I hada size fitted I pulled off the protective cover and found out 3m adhesive held it on. so be a careful if you try making your own.