Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:32 PM   #151
clv

I didn't realize it had a protective cover on it. That's good anyway.

The nearest camera store is about 3 hours away, so I will try the things you suggested until I can get to one.

Thanks for your reply.
clv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:42 PM   #152

Just get a lens cleaning cloth and spray, all you really need to do is clean the clear lens cover every once in a while. These cameras don't require a lens cap, or one would have been provided.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:56 PM   #153

3face they are provided on the hanshing or dxg models, and some others as well they have the same lensstructure sunken back, it is an extra item to worry about when snappinga pic. when I owned the hanshing, it was a pain b/c I worried i did not have it completely snapped on. it taken a special postioning to do so.

As I have owned quite a few. and tell ypu musteks model uses a square plastic as aiptek keeps round....
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:47 PM   #154

Home Shopping Network is now selling the Aiptek MPVR .
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:56 PM   #155

hehe, yup they put it back up only hours after I emailed them about it. Yes, I do have magic powers and NO I'm not gonna let you win the lotto with them so SSTOP ASKING lol :-)

oh and looks like the site is down...hmmm.:O
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:26 PM   #156

I don't remember seeing it on HSN before.

Yes, it is back on [email protected]... good work! With the remote and paper, its a better deal than HSN's.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:56 PM   #157

Hi all, new to the forums, but I have found them very helpfull. I got my MPVR the other day with all the goodies, and I am very happy with it does what it is.

I have one question, I bought some extra SD cards to load up with some video for when I fly so I can listen to some mp3s and watch something (One reason I got the cam) and recording from DVD or tv works very well. Has anyone figured out how to covnert a Divx or mpg2 to the right format for the MVPR to play it? I tried a few with arcsoft. with no luck cam does not see the files, wondering if it's a index thing or just the wrong setting in the codec.

TIA

Wags
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:06 PM   #158

Use the Media Converter software which came on the MPVR CD to convert your videos. It does all the work for you, just pick the file, and click Convert. Simple and easy:G
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:49 PM   #159

Hi thanks for the reply. I did try that software like I said, it does the change and the videos play fine in XP but when I move them to the cam in the video folder then turn on the cam to view them they don't show.

I did find one of my music videos that was downloaded in ASF format and that did xfer and play right, but none of the others I changed work :S

Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:09 PM   #160

woot got it, it was the frame rates

everything is working right, just had to set everything custom change the FPS to 29

Thanks again for the help

Wags