Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:19 PM   #161

make sure the outputted file is in .asf format and is labeled CLIPXXXX.asf (XXXX = # from 0001-9999)

Put the file in the 100MEDIA FOLDER which is INSIDE the DCIM FOLDER.

Should play.:G

OH YEA, duh the FRAME RATE :G yea glad you figured it out!
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:27 PM   #162

1 you understand how to convert. and when you are finished w/o touching the settings. make sure you grabb the correct file for example

the movie name is 3face (lol like picking on my pal) you convert 3faces movie and slelect a destination to my doc/my video final conversion in my doc/my video. if you notice 3face i still present, and a new file is named clip0001 that is now your converted file

remember you may shrink a 2 hour video doen to a compressed file and have hmm 10 hours of vid on a 1 sd card (hint)

in your camera the camera saves it files as clip0001-CLIP9999 any other file name like mentioned 3face cannot be dragged and watched it can be dragged and transfered bac to the pc that is called your mass storage device will be invisable to you. or casue a file error

you have a clip already named clip0001 I recommend you to rename it to CLIP0901 so when you snap vid shots Clip001-0200 are in order and when you need to watch your vid it will be found better

Cip0001 is in the camera and you name it clip0001 or the converter named it, and your orginal one is in the camera when you drag it in it will ask for overwrite and i you click yes Bye bye file

That may have been your problem from the start

face made it clear and simple but i had to break it into steps there is a how to need to look for the demo if you have problems it helps newcomers out

possable like you said needed a fps frop

and if you got vid/aud synch 29.7 fps fixes it
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:10 PM   #163

Very thorough fishy:G

So like fishy said, you take the file (ill just call it fishy, just because I've heard that somewhere, kinda got stuck in my head...:O) FISHY and when the conversion is done, you get CLIPxxxx.asf where xxxx=0001-9999. Make SURE the framerate is set at 25-30FPS. Pretty much just stole your post here fishy :G no...wait no i didn't ...i ....cant read...so i didn't see you posted that right above me....dontbanme...PLEASE, I HAVE A FAMILY!!!! Gotta feed myself!!!

:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:36 PM   #164

3face the only eson you are here is b/c of the dawg pics, otherwise you're outta here Just kidding/

I will tell you a sad story in a pm, and let me tell you you better kiss each one of them.. if you said family i mean the family.......

Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:06 PM   #165
sub

Does any one has experience with SD Card readers?
I am planing to add SD Card reader to my USB port and there are various one on the market starting as low as $7.00.
So I would like to know if I purchase one what software or driver I would need or does it come included.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 6:35 PM   #166

your question

it is a plug and play you will recieve a cd or not xp will recognise it , even win 98 will recognise it
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:24 PM   #167
sub

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
your question

it is a plug and play you will recieve a cd or not xp will recognise it , even win 98 will recognise it
Sounds good.
However, would I see same directory structure as I see now in removable media?... or would I see something else?
Will it appear as removable media?
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:30 AM   #168

for example if you pc is set up

C: hp provilion

d: hp recovery

E; dvd

f: cd

E,f,g,h,i, k are my interior card reader

L: mass storage ( hybrid in camera)

M: hybrid external sd card (hybrid)

you card reader will be whatever you like to name it youhave an option to call the drive a-z

your pc came with a software guide, and came with a guide to get started i recommend you pick it up andread it if you want to learn a few tricks
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:20 PM   #169

Ordered a new aiptek 6800 here locally, arrived last night, their addvertisment says its 6mp, when i opened it the box it says 6 or 8megapixel, i checked the cam max was 8mp :G. box shows its from EU, it already has a remote and standard accesories :-)

on the manual for 8pm it says
Sensor Type: 5 Mp CMOS (2048 x 1536)
for 6mp
Sensor Type 3 Megapixel CMOS (2048 x 1536)

made some video last night, heres a sample

vga with stabilizer on, 2 flourescent light on a 2 x 1.5 meter room
http://rapidshare.de/files/11468550/CLIP0025.ASF.html

vga with stabilizer on, 7am, it was rained and was very cloudy
http://rapidshare.de/files/11469528/CLIP0032.ASF.html

vids appear darker with my crt at work than my lcd at home,
I will post more vids and pics later .

reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:38 AM   #170

Wow you are saying you ordered a 6800 and recieved an 8 meg camera and the manua tells you both

that is called money consservation for aiptek alot of stuff that are made with upgrades will supply both info

but you again said the camera shows 8 meg?? does the software show it as well? you recieved a remote control???

happy you got a better deal in that case

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"