Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:58 PM   #181

:lol:i ordered it from http://ecbuyph.com/aiptek-dv6800.htm

its a local online store, notice its only 6mp.

but if you google it you will find dv6800 in 8mp http://www.rapserv.com.au/prod7607.htmmost of which are from australia
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:36 PM   #182

Hmmm? Odd.
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 4:09 PM   #183

odd that he got a 8800 over a 6600?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:51 PM   #184

i was gonna buy the aiptek 6800 but i looked at the sensor on it it was a 3 do u still think its worth about 150

need camcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:54 PM   #185

DEFINATELY! :G

Oh and if you notice, the box says 6800 AND I don't think the 8800 has 1, 3 and 6 MP modes. ALSO, the front doesn't have the black coating on it like the 8800 does. Just to be sure though, check the MP3 playback. If there is an equalizer, you got an 8800 in disguise as a 6800. If not, you got an updated model of the 6800.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:14 PM   #186

Nice buy reiluke.
That's the reason why it's a little expensive (in terms of Peso).
I wish I could have found this site before.
When did they started by the way?

:sad:
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:44 AM   #187

i think this is just an updated version, its looks the same as dv6800, no equalizer in mp3 mode.
From the battery slot, model number is written:
Model: DZO-V38
S/N: BKL****

i'm really impressed with the video quality on sufficient light, no changes on low light though, but its comparative to my minidv cam on daylight, can wait to take vids on the beach

@DiaperDad

yeah i was hesistant, it was bit expensive but i coudlnt wait :lol:, good thing its worth the buy, been buying from them since last year till i noticed in ebay they auction an "Advanced DV camera", took a look at the description it it was dv6800 6mp, but i think their supplier got the new versions 8mp :-)
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:13 PM   #188

i love using this thing as a personal movie player. though the asf versions have lag/audio syn issues:sad: when i create them using ffmpeg.

an avi file renamed to an asf doesnt have audio syn problems but produces mini artifacts on the video which is livable:G. i use tmpege, virtual dub and and graphedit. a pain to work with though

i get around 40 to 50 mb per 25 min episode with 3 to 4 hrs of encoding each original avi to mpg then converting it to avi using a reelmagic codec [an mpeg4 codec] then i rename it to asf. then use a hex editor to rename all reelmagic traces to mps4 in order to trick the dv6800 player to read it. the results have some video artifacts though.

i never tried it on a full movie though i hate waiting for 15 hrs just to encode [on a celeron 1.2 ghz] lol

i never used the arcsoft media converter it's too limited although it does not have audio syn issues it creates big files. not good for a limited sd card

btw when i record video from the camera it does not have video/audio synch issues:-)

i use this dv cam to record tv programs but i get only 20 min of video on vga. on qvga I can get at most 1hr and 38 mins just enough for some movies and great for episodes

bought 2 batteries hehehe nice for going to arcades and taping marvel vs capcom 2 matches

yup video on dark environments are a pain

and yeah mines' also 8mp

and no more problems with the ac power in adapter i let my aunt in us buy it for me.

quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 5:05 PM   #189

here is a question I am stumped on in the settin I never noticed at hte end a setin called start movie, on/off

the only thing i can think of is when I am in playback on a movie to start not so any ideas?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:49 PM   #190

start movie means opening movie
[ every time you turn on the camera it starts up its opening sequence just like windows, remember first installing windows there is an opening movie which features its capabilities.]
if you turn it off it goes directly to camera mode. I turned it off because it is annoying.
quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote