Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:23 PM   #191

quake.. thank you I forget at times. just that I loaded up the firmware and thought I had something extra, I see what you mean the opening of the camera can be eliminated ... great

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:01 PM   #192

mvpr ownerswho boughtcamera bright :roll:, can you please give us a review, im interested as how it goes with the mvpr
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:12 AM   #193

zoom on mvpr is good too even though its only digital, its looks good when played back on television, heres a sample clip, zoom 4x maximized, subject is 5 feet away

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1780633273544006/clip0008/
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:17 AM   #194

Dont know if this has been said but to load pictures to your MVPR you need to use

ARCSOFT PHOTO IMPRESSION 5

open the jpeg and click on "create" then "save as" name it as"PICTXXXX.JPG" filename

its bundled software of the mvpr

i tried MS PAINT / ADOBE / PSP but they dont work
Old Feb 2, 2006, 4:54 PM   #195

Not true at all, but not arguing.

the mpvr will accept jpegs. you do not need to load up additional info.

when you have a .jpeg you need to transfer, you only need to rename it as PIC0001

PIC0001 will show up as PIC0001 you must leave off the .jpeg I have no trouble loading a jpeg into the camera at all. that is the reason I say not true.

But having the softwares for the aiptek mpvr is needed to work with different situations is best to use what they give you.

I do not like or should I say I just hve not gotten deep enough into Muvee4 and allow the software to make my movies. I preferre to do my own editing if i need a spicific movie.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:00 PM   #196

fishy i named it as PIC0001 with the "T", it didnt appear in the playback list. Maybe its a firmware/version difference, might be a bug, my FIRMWARE FW 1501 HW 00,

because i tried almost all jpegs named name them accd to naming convention of mvpr PICTXXXX still it wont take them, it just appear plain black but when i use arcsoft photo impression the image appears. too much of a hassle :roll:

aiptek muvee frequently crashes on my pc
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:02 PM   #197

I need feedback from 3FACE if it works on his since we have the same firmware

Firmware 1501

HW:00
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:49 PM   #198

Hey if ne1 has any big problems with the camera not havin a cover, i invented sumthing for it. A regular 2 liter bottle cap snaps rite over the lens. U just need to cut it down about 1/4 of an inch the sand it a little. Then i glued a piece of cloth on the inside, now i don't really have to worry about the lens getting scratched.
spydamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:29 AM   #199

Spydamonkey. long time no here if mistaken , welcome aboard, or back........

what I have tried were all sizes of of caps . with the cd or dvd foam. I narrowed down to a hardware store, and purchased a chair leg caps, they come in a number of sizes. and they are angled so cutting down like you did to the correct size would do . tapping a hole and attaching to the string is great. but I have removed the outer lens by doing this and it is glued on with 3m foam double sided, taken the ring off. not for the mpvr for my other ones. the plastic i thought it was was not of plastice but a stronger substance glass. and scratch proof. hmm we'll seee 1 1/2 years later no scratchs 2 olus years again no scratchs no caps.

modding them is great but they are protected good enough extra protection A plus. maybe oneday like hanshing anddxg and others they will catch on and add it as a standard or option......
Old Feb 3, 2006, 6:32 AM   #200

Tranferring analog tape to DVD

I have now 4 generations of Video Cam. I started using a Sony Video8 in 1984, then I bought another Sony Hi8 in 1990, a Sharp miniDV in 2001 and now the DV6800.

My problem is archiving the tapes. I have a huge collection of tapes since 1980's and I already started to transfer some of them on CD starting 2002. During that time I can only use VCD format. Capturing, converting and burning to CD will take me 4 to 5 times the length of the tape. This means that for 1 hour tape it will take me 4 to 5 hours and it is only using VCD format (352x240).

Now I can just play the tape, record it on the DV6800 and then burn it on DVD. I do not need to convert to DVD (MPEG-2) format since my players are already MPEG-4 compatible. The only limitation is I only have 1 GB (40-45 minutes). No problem siince this is a lot easier that using capture devices on PC.

I also made an external battery source that I use during capturing. Since the battery is compatible with my Nokia phone, I have a defective battery from my phone. I soldered two wires to the battery terminal and connected it to an external AA battery case. I use 3 - 2500 mAH AA rechargeables (3.6 volts) which last for hours. The only problem is that I cannot close the battery Lid during recording.

I see that there are some members from the Philippines. I , too , am from the Philippines but is now living here in Europe. I bought my camera here at a not so cheap price, $ 210 without remote control and the unit came with a dead battery. I sent back the battery to the store. It's been more than 2 weeks and they did not evon know if my battery reched them , aarg!! I bought another battery rated at 900 mAH.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote