Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:16 AM   #201

hi there kababayan, your a bit far thats why mvpr cost too much :lol:. can you post some pics on the external battery you made .

is it possible to transfer videos from a minidv to mvpr?
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:11 AM   #202

Yes I will post some pictures these weekend.

For the MiniDV, yes you can transfer but you have to settle for the analog (RCA) connection. It would be better to use the Firewire (IEEE 1394 / i Link). I tried some on the PC but it takes too much time. My priority now are the analog tapes from my Video 8 camera, some of them are already brittle , two of the old tapes where cut when i rewinded them.

For the MiniDV I strongly suggest that you try to invest on the DVD recorder. Almost all of them have a Firewire input and the recording is on the fly. The final product is already DVD. The cheapest model here is less than$150 with no harddisk. The reason why I am not buying it here is that all equipment here are PAL/SECAM, we will go back to thePhilippines after 2 years and besides my Mini DV tapes are still quite new.

Another thing, I bought the cheapest ( and probably the slowest) 1 GB sandisk SD, approx. $ 58. It works fine, I dont think a fast or ultrafast SD cards are needed because the camera has an internal buffer.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:28 AM   #203

juandelacruz wrote:
Quote:
Another thing, I bought the cheapest ( and probably the slowest) 1 GB sandisk SD, approx. $ 58. It works fine, I dont think a fast or ultrafast SD cards are needed because the camera has an internal buffer.

true, i useda 32mb MMC generic and vids are the same same bitrate 2256Kbps with 60x sandisk card
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:26 PM   #204

Juan.Welcome aboard.

1 tape transfer to a dvd player. dv-avi format. the aiptek does not record dv-avi format, it records asf format

I understand you want to burn your tape collection to a dvdr - + etc.

you will need windows movie maker, or 3rd party software. save as dv-avi. and have a dvd burner. some issues you may come about is vid aud synch on vcd quality. nero can be searched and downloaded on the internet nero 5.0 or 5.5 vcd format again.

the aiptek software does not allow dvd burning , hmmm muviee4 should stop at vcd, and dvd is an upgrade.

wel please forgive me I have worked hard. and well if someone else can help please do.............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:18 AM   #205

Hi,

Thanks for all the tips. I have made several VCD's in the past using TV tuner card to capture. The best free captre software is virtualdub, sometimes I used Ulead viedostudio 7. I also used Nero, i started with version 4 , now I am using version 6 bundled together with my Liteon external DVD writer.

I had difficulty capturing 640x480 in the past because of the limitation of my PC and the capturing devices. I do not have hardware encoder thats is the reason why it will take too long to convert just 1 disk. Now capturing at 640x480 is easy with AIPTEk. I am also planning to buy a Plextor capture device wih buil in hardware encoder for MPEG2, MPEG4 (Divx). It is only less than $100. I had alread 5 capture devices most of them TV tuners but none of them can capture at a true DVD quality

Since DivX and ASF from Aiptek are both MPEG 4, I tried to play the ASF on the PC DivX player. At first it will not play and will respond with an error " not a valid format ". I tried to rename the extension to .avi and it worked better than the Microsoft Media Player. It plays faster and it seems that the audio sync problem is gone when you use the DivX player. I will burn my first DVD and will try to rename it to AVI and see if it will play on thhe standalone Divx Player.

For those of you who will also transfer the tapes to DVD I advice you not to use VCD anymore. The difference in quality is very noticeable and besides these are our families' memory that we will preserve. I guess I have to redo all the tapes that I transferred to Disk in VCD format ( Including our wedding Picture

I have been visiting this forum since las year because of my interest in the Aiptek. I normally go to the Minolta forum because of my Minolta Dimage Z3.

Have a nice weekend!
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:42 AM   #206

Correction !!

You do not have to rename to .AVI to play the file using the PC DivX player. I guess that the .ASF file will not be able to play on the standalone player. I will still burn the files as-is on the DVD just to preserve the movies.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:37 AM   #207

again I never said rename

I was saying you have to save, save as dv-avi that is the correct format for dvd burning

since you now have the aiptek use the software given to you, and see what it does whe, ready to select dvd?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:09 PM   #208

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. My intention is just to digitize all my tapes and put them on DVD for archiving. Authoring all of them for the right DVD movie format will take too long time. I will just save the files as data file.

By the way the format of the original DVD movie is MPEG-2 not AVI. AVI is the new format of MPEG4 movie like DivX and XviD. DVD movie will have .VOB as extension. (.DAT for VideoCD)

I am satisfied with the performance of ULEAD VideoStudio 7.0, it is more flexible than the bundled software. Probably same as everyone I am using Nero to burn DVDs.

Congats for this forum that you are maintaining, a big help for a lot of people that owns DV6800 !!

Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:58 AM   #209

EXTERNAL Battery

Here is the externel battery for DV6800. I use this for recording from external source. With 3 pcs of 2500 mAH AA battery (3.6 volts) the camera can operate continuosly for at lest 3 hours. Use an old Nokia battery with high internal resistance ( does not reain charge for long time).
Attached Images

Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:02 AM   #210

PROGRESS

Here is my videocams from 4 generations (1983-2006), Video8 Hi8 MiniDV and Semiconductor SD. The other picture is the DV6800 and its little brothers. I bought the 2 small cameras but I seldom use them. The other one (1.3 Megapixels) is a good webcam for about $20.
Attached Images