Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:43 AM   #241

1. why did you noy use the suppled aiptek cable? was it b/c of the extra rca jacks in the way if carried?

2, where can you purchase the addtional cable at? or was it like you said spaired in the house.

3 rechargables do work out fine at 1.2 x4 to the total of -4.9 vdc rated @ how many mah's? would 2000-3000mah be fine?

4. what is the recoring time for modification? 1.5 hours ona 3.6 -vdc would this be 2.5 hours on a 2aa

Now the most important question,

5 when using this set up the mini usb port wil be put to the test. and having it hooked up. would you think this can cause premature wear on the plug, when placin in the pocket or pants , you must remove the usb, if not one wron move willdamage the port. it is now gonna either be for a set top recording device or a tag along on the go vacation battery.

A test may be needed for a aa system with 3 aa batteries adding up to 3.6 vdc to the batt area

a test will be needed for the usb area for a 4 aa syste adding up to 4.8 vdc th the usb area

which one will hve the better battery life

the orginal, the external batt or the usb?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:36 PM   #242

wow, great work guys!!!

I have some questions though.

Why use a battery powered USB drive when you can instead purchase 2 8210 batteries for around the same price that would likely last LONGER? Alsoyou would have to buy rechargeable batteries for the thingAND find some place to store it (looks big...and ugly....and big, did i mention its large? :blah

I dont see the need forthat.

Besides that

finds!

Now if only i had a win98 computer lying around....
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:40 PM   #243

see above post of 3face, and as i mentioned like 3face he hit it on the head? what are the plans of a usb device for? I preferre to opt for a extra batt cover and make a extended battery if I had a 2 gig card? but otheer wise swapping a battery is fine it weights less then pound a lot less
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:02 PM   #244

question, what is the major difference between the 8800 and the 6800, like is there any vhanges for actual footage or just additions to the camera?
spydamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:04 PM   #245

better CMOS sensor with higher MP (8). Also has MP3 equalizer...and a few other minor upgrades.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:06 PM   #246

so nothing really worth trading the 6800 for?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:09 PM   #247

yup, stick with the 6800. IF you want to upgrade, I'd go for the DDV-1000 or, better yet, wait a few months for the new hybrids.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 7:06 AM   #248

http://www.youtube.com/?v=IvS7_wsH1v8

well a good 8 inchs on the floor , the sanatation already made their pass, and not a soul on the street riding, Priceless for my dawgs. The Aiptek MPVR a work. but afew key factors, its wet, not goodfor the camera so a quick shot till it stops. My one dawg is brown and dark on light does not film good, the other dawg if in the shot is golden and on a light background , works fine. Just some people ask an important question ' how is the camera for a snow trip. well it will film, and you may get a white out effect if your subject is fast. hope the pic helps out in some ways.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:03 PM   #249

STUPID
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:15 PM   #250

you will damage the camera if you further punish it with 9volts

the camera is rated at 5 volts ac adapter . 3.7 v li-on 3.6 rechargable 4.5v alkaline any higher then that you'll fry the board forextended periods.

I have pushed 6 volts

wow you are pushing 9 why?

here is a pic of a charger that is regulated from 1.5 - 12 volts

ac adaptor should be rated 4.5 -5vdc and also can be had at a store I chose a car adaptor will concider a ac adaptor and if I can find the usb Plug hmmmmm