Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:25 PM   #261

thanks. i'll try the sd card section
Lucky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 2:58 PM   #262

Vexing problem, the battery is fully charged, but the camera powers on, stays on about 5 seconds and then powers off again. Any ideas
pogojessierosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 3:31 PM   #263

Pogo. welcome

you bring up a great trouble question. In order to see if we canclear this lets first ask ourselves

1 the battery is fully charged ?

2. external or internal sd card, or mmc card?

A

now according to your question if you had a dead battery you'll get battery exhusted, on the IS-DV it says that. I believe the MPVr as well.

but I would stil keep in mind you gota dead battery. and to rule that out

I am not recommending but you should try to make a 3.6 vdc or 3aa battery tester you can throw 4.5vdc to the camera it'll do absoluely no harm. 6vdc max

B

remove the sd card and see if you can use the camera?

C

are you using a mmc card. I never seen one sold by me. that may be the lastresort

hope these three examples help out.

1. where did you Purchase

2. did you contact Aiptek of Usa, overseas, tawain?

3. was this an ebay sold item? if so it is up to you to decide what's best? thank you

pogojessierosie wrote:
Quote:
Vexing problem, the battery is fully charged, but the camera powers on, stays on about 5 seconds and then powers off again. Any ideas
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 1:18 AM   #264

does anyone have the 8800 , is there much difference in quality ?

I am choosing between the sanyo c6 and the 8800.

Can get the aiptek for 130 $

spridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 2:34 PM   #265

I just got a MPVR 2K6 last Friday and am trying to understand when I zoom in on a subject, why the zoom is out of focus on video capture.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it setting related? Nothing in the manual about it.

I'm not using the switched macro mode by the way, and the battery is full strength.
DaveMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 2:46 PM   #266

I hooked mine up to the TV and swapped an SD card in from a Kodak camera that had Kodak Jpg files on it and the MPVR 2K6 kept shutting off when accessing on of the picture files. You may want to format the SD using the MPVR 2K6, if that is the root cause.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Pogo. welcome

you bring up a great trouble question. In order to see if we canclear this lets first ask ourselves

1 the battery is fully charged ?

2. external or internal sd card, or mmc card?

A

now according to your question if you had a dead battery you'll get battery exhusted, on the IS-DV it says that. I believe the MPVr as well.

but I would stil keep in mind you gota dead battery. and to rule that out

I am not recommending but you should try to make a 3.6 vdc or 3aa battery tester you can throw 4.5vdc to the camera it'll do absoluely no harm. 6vdc max

B

remove the sd card and see if you can use the camera?

C

are you using a mmc card. I never seen one sold by me. that may be the lastresort

hope these three examples help out.

1. where did you Purchase

2. did you contact Aiptek of Usa, overseas, tawain?

3. was this an ebay sold item? if so it is up to you to decide what's best? thank you

pogojessierosie wrote:
Quote:
Old May 15, 2006, 3:22 PM   #267

DaveMi.

You bring another excellent question to the site? does zooming in on a subject at a close distance keep focus.

as we understand , I must try this out as well

m camera will stay perfectly focused, but may distort on thedigital zoom.

Depending on how close the subject you are filming on, for example

If you are bringing in from a 10-15 foot area it'll do fine, if you are bring in from 6 feet you are asking the impossable.

as we know the Aiptek MPVr will zoom in a 2x excellent. the other camcorder I tried out did excellent on 4x , once I reach full potential it is out of proportion. hope this helped out a little
Old May 16, 2006, 11:16 AM   #268

It is out of focus when I use digital zoom in on something more than 15 feet away. Does your MPVR 2K6 do that?
Old May 19, 2006, 3:21 PM   #269

Hey everyone, I am in the market for a do it all video device and i stumbled onto this thread. I've decided to get the Aiptek MPVR, but before I buy one I wanted to know if it they arecompatible with bullet cameras. I want to hook up a bullet camera with the MPVR and make some mountain biking videos. The bullet camera will be mounted on my helmet and the MPVR tucked away in my Nalgene back pack. Will i be able to fold the screen down with out turning it off? I remember reading that if you close the screeen it shuts off, I don't want to leave the screen open if it's in the bag. Thanks

I also read somehwere that the battery is the same as the Nokia 8210 battery. Can anyone validate that?
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 4:05 PM   #270

ObjectAgnosiaWelcome to the site.

1. the tft screen will fold 200 plus degrees. that means you can fold it back and close it while the screen isfacing in the open mammer.

2 the auto off is just that you can leave the camera on and do not touch athing it has 1,3,5 and constant on, why i mention that? The screen can be closed while recording and the camera will shut down, so reverse the screen

3. you want an extended lens or wired device as an attachment? but you need to press record or use a remote for the MPVr nothingele will record for the camera, unless you have the correct frequency?

4 Nokia cellphone battery was had at bestbuy or other spots at clearance price

nk-8290 leters face inside in camera, face to you on charge.

hope this answers your questions. ifyou plan on a 3 hour trip I would modd a aa system and that'll last hours on end.