Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 19, 2006, 4:28 PM   #271

Thanks Fishy.

Looks like I'll need to stock up on nokia batteries and buy a remote to turn on and off the recording.
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 6:35 PM   #272

only if the remote is within the view of the camera

best thing to do on the bike is rig upa tripod attachment

or clamp. the bike may take shock so I am sure you will come up with some ideas

I just hold my camera in hand but not a real off road lol it'll fall.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 6:43 PM   #273

So the remote is IR and not RF?
Old May 20, 2006, 12:16 AM   #274

As long as you have the camera recording, and the screen reversed, I think it will keep running until the battery goes dead, the memory is full, or you shut it off. The MPVR should record video from the bullet cam. The timeout feature fishycomics mentioned is if the camera is powered on, but not doing anything.

The MPVR's remote works on infrared, not on a cable or RF. So you'd need to have line-of-sight between the remote and the MPVR to operate it with the remote. Which won't be the case if you have the MPVR in a pack. It would be easier to switch it manually. And you still need to switch the bullet cam.

The bullet cam probably still needs a power supply. Cams that come with a remote lens usually have provision for the bullet cam to get power from the camera. The MPVR isn't set up to do that. Which means your bullet cam needs a power supply, which means another battery, plus maybe a switch. I tried this route with a similar camera, to video my bicycle commute. I found it too much hassle, too many things to deal with and go wrong. So I'm using an integrated helmet cam. For what you're doing, you probably will have time to fiddle with the setup, and you won't have to figure out how to carry it all around when you're off the bike.

This is discussed at:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
Maybe we could try to keep the helmet cam stuff in the one topic.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 7:37 PM   #275

After a day of use I have already noticed an issue with the unit. The unit crashes when I want to switch a song in the mp3 player. This si while running directly form the internal memory. My unit came with firmware 2102 and HW 01. Anyone else experience this?
Old May 21, 2006, 9:08 PM   #276

I have come across corrupt mp3 songs, which caused problems I attributed to various other things until realizing it was the songs that were to blame. Does the camera work ok otherwise? Will the songs crash the camera if they're on a memory card? Do some songs play ok?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 10:09 PM   #277

I've never heard of firmware 2101 on the MPVR? Is this the newest firmware guys? Previously it had been 1701. My MPVR doesn't seem to have issues playing mp3's and crashing. Perhaps you do have corrupt files as sgspirit suggested? Have you tried loading some diff. mp3 files onto the camera to see if it makes a difference?
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 7:07 AM   #278

A few days ago ObjectAgnosiasays he or she is in the Market for a MPVr that was friday. Now understanding he or she went out on saturday icked up the MPVr, at Bestbuy, circuitcity or target. none of them sell the remote control. SO I am guessing Bestbuy due to a sale on the helemt cam.

now Sunday he or she claimes software update of 2101?

Wile Rae Of AIptek says no further updates yet released?

So Please do explain this unbelievable find? ( no Pun thrown at y at all) clearification is needed
Old May 22, 2006, 8:35 AM   #279

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
ObjectAgnosiaWelcome to the site.

1. the tft screen will fold 200 plus degrees. that means you can fold it back and close it while the screen isfacing in the open mammer.

My DV6800 will not turn off even if I close the screen as long as it is recording via line-in. I can monitor the record activity in the LED. Normally it is blinking green, when it tiurns red, the memory will be full soon.
juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 8:48 AM   #280

the camera

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Has a constant on, 1 minute, 3 minute, and 5 minute standby

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the camera can be recording .

the camera in record mode will shut off if you

A. Close the screen while recording,

B. runs out of memory in internal, or external, or battery.

thecamera can not beturned of by the standby in a record mode.

hope that clears the confusion up, it's in the manual