Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 22, 2006, 11:10 AM   #281

I posted this in the firmware thread and I'll post it here also

"I purchased the MPVR yesturday and i noticed that there were two packages on the rack. On had the 2K6 on the box and the other didn't. I bought the one that didn't b/c it had the most recent date on the back of the package. My firmware reads 2101 HW 01."

I bougth the one with the latest date on the back thinking it would have the latest firware. I went through the directions to check my firmware and those were the numbers i got. The only physical difference is that my unit does not have the 2K6 sticker underneeth the screen when you lift it up, it's just a blank oval.

I'm waiting for my 2gig sd to come in the mail so i havnt tested it with an sd yet. I'll try other songs too. I read on a review that someone experienced the same problem and 30 days down the line their unit stopped working. I just didn't want that to happen to me.
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 12:44 PM   #282

Obj.... thank you for the clearifications.

sometimes the green arrow does not show up, and that can cause some missunderstanding

as well as others saying this is discussed in another topic, we need to keep it in the correct forum and both are best suited thank you.

RaeRae guess we're outdated

I will have to ask rae for support for the newest software butnot going to happen so to change the fix I would n ot bother if you got the latest
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 1:32 PM   #283

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm outdated already!

Oh well, guess we'll have to update or upgrade. Wonder what the newest firmware offers... I'm already impressed with how mine runs so nicely w/1707. And what would hardware 01 mean? We all have hardware 00.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 2:05 PM   #284

sory raeRae I guess it all mean

If its the first version, or state it was made etc
Old May 22, 2006, 9:10 PM   #285

I have tried loading different mp3 files onto th internal memory and ten changing songs but it keeps on crashing. I've tried changing songs with the screen buttons and the joystick. I've also tried pausing the song and then switching, same result. I've already sent an e-mail to aiptek about tis but havn't heard back from them yet. I'll give it till the end of the week, if I don't hear back from them then I'll have to return the unit.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:34 PM   #286

Aiptek has good customer service, but you won't get a reply by email (I've tried). You need to call up their technical support line. I have and the service was friendly and thorough. Where did you purchase the camera from? You could just exchange for a different one. I have a newer camera with 1701 FW and I've not had issues with mp3's at all.

Out of curiosity so I can track how you get the newest camera out there could you please tell me the BKL number on the back of the package your camera came in? It should be above the bar code and look similar to this BKL50063213 (example).

Hope you have better luck whatever direction you choose to fix this issue!
Old May 23, 2006, 2:34 AM   #287

Listen to raeRae right on the money..........
Old May 23, 2006, 8:27 AM   #288

Thanks Rae, I'll give them a call today. I bought the camera from BestBuy in MA. the number on the unit is BKL60177301.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:41 AM   #289

Thanks for giving me the BKL code. I guess that confirms that you do have the newest model and firmware and you CAN track the newness of the model you are buying by higher up the first four numbers go.

Now everyone is going to want 2101 firmware updates and wonder what the hardware 01 is.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:55 AM   #290

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the camera

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Has a constant on, 1 minute, 3 minute, and 5 minute standby

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the camera can be recording .

the camera in record mode will shut off if you

A. Close the screen while recording,

B. runs out of memory in internal, or external, or battery.

thecamera can not beturned of by the standby in a record mode.

hope that clears the confusion up, it's in the manual

It is odd, my camera will continue to record via the video input jack even if I close

the LCD. The only time it will turn off is if there is no video signal or if I pull the video

cable. I tried it many times, I have ver. 1501 firmware.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote