Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:50 PM   #21

ha ha ha look at this in my hands will this do the trick? it is super thin about 1 inch plus 2 white led lites from the show handed out free grabbed a few for testing purposes will post a vid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 11:19 AM   #22

added this clip on a cloudy day

http://media.putfile.com/CLIP006276

some more info iwalked around 2 1/2 hours and the filmed some more got a good battery life out of the camera neverhad to rely on my back up camera

Here is a video, and yes I amAshamed i did not get some for you, 1 sadwitch and pickles. Katz deli Ludow and houston in NYC we ordered 4 for Dinner. around 15 for a sandwitch

Link:http://media.putfile.com/CLIP006276 putfile

link:http://www.youtube.com/?v=UpOFqP06fXs you tube
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:14 PM   #23

Lol, Kats deli is always packed!!! I haven't tried that place yet, but hoping some time soon.
KungFuMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:25 PM   #24

this is the booth we were referring to , sold out.

Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:37 PM   #25

xigam wrote:
Quote:
I checked the auto timer, and my LED is directly under the flash, the other area is something else, I'm not sure what. It may be nothing, just something in the case mold. Or it may be a light meter, or remote control infrared input, or something else..

- Xigam
I suspect the "other thing" is the IR port for the remote control.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:38 PM   #26

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
As always looking at the camera last night, I was filming to see how long I can get to record with the battery.

We are able to "lower" the screens brightness by 3 points as well as three points to raise but not turn it off. if we close the screen it will shut down th camera. this is not mentioned anywhere in the book. so be cautioned when you record not to close the screen. it will stop the record andshut off the camera

I believe and now again playing a mp3 song you are able to close the screen and have the screen shut off while it is playing which works out fine.

Now when you turn on the camera and need to go on standby you can not shut off the monitor and turn back on that means you must keep the sceen open if you shut it it should hybernate not at all, that is why there is the auto on we must go through the boot up process. just a thoughtthat I forgot to add. my dv5300 has those great features hybirnation etc but no mp3 player

an addition added to the review is an avatar of the self timer, a vid, a vid with the flash.
I think if you flip the screen around backwards you can close it without shutting off the video. Of course, it's vulnerable to damage that way.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:10 PM   #27

Well hello everyone, hope you all had nice weekends. I had an excellent time seeing some old friends, but unfortunately my camera did not.... I'm no genius with a camera, so I assume I have something setup incorrectly. My problem was that as I was taking pics, most of them were coming out tinted red... I gave up after about a dozen pics came out looking that way. Can anyone give me ideas as to some setting I inadvertantly made that is causing this? I assume that it is my ignorance that is the cause, as opposed to a defective camera or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.
Greygooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:21 PM   #28

Unless it's defective, I'd suspect you somehow set the type of light to the wrong setting. Like setting it for incandescent light when you're under fluorescent light. I forget off hand which setting would end up tinting things red, but that's how it could happen. You might also have the "effects" setting on sepia, which would make things look old and brownish.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:56 AM   #29

Greygooser wrote:
Quote:
Well hello everyone, hope you all had nice weekends. I had an excellent time seeing some old friends, but unfortunately my camera did not.... I'm no genius with a camera, so I assume I have something setup incorrectly. My problem was that as I was taking pics, most of them were coming out tinted red... I gave up after about a dozen pics came out looking that way. Can anyone give me ideas as to some setting I inadvertantly made that is causing this? I assume that it is my ignorance that is the cause, as opposed to a defective camera or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.
holding the camera in hand

1 the little joystick was hit causing you to go off auto, thus clicking the sun and cloud that wil give you red. th flourecent and tugsten will give you blue sound right?

second if you hit mode the right button and go down about 6 the effects have 3 setting b/w and saphire see if saphire is not on. that will fix the poblem as well

and last go into mode agail and see if wb is not set to the two above mentioned sun, and cloud.

All my pics came out nice and I understand you must snap, and hold the camera sttill before and after for a few secs lol let us know?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:08 AM   #30

The software on this camera is complete crap. Whenever I try to video, it keeps freezing on me. It might stop at 4 seconds, and then I have to pull the battery off because I can't turn the camera of any other way. It also does this for the pictures. It will freeze with recording on the screen, and then I have to pull the battery. If anyone has any suggestions, I woul dbe glad to hear them.
Commander101 is offline   Reply With Quote