Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 31, 2006, 9:51 PM   #301

Corsden- Does your joystick have a blue rubber end or is just bare plastic? If it's just bare plastic then there's more wrong with the 2101.
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 11:44 PM   #302

Oh, it had one, but it popped off. I kept the little blue rubber piece in my wallet for when I wanted to re-glue the piece back on.

I've not called the tech support yet, I'm still seeing if it's maybe a temporary thing.

This has happened with my older vivitar vivicam (3.3 mp, etc) where it would power on, but it'd be stuck on review mode and wouldnt turn to picture-take mode.

Except with my 2k6, it just freezes on picture take mode (but wouldnt show the actual picture, just the stats) and powers off after 5 seconds.
Corsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 3:53 AM   #303

dark rubber insert and plastic.

I would think all would have the rubber for a firmer support?

are you saying that the rubber changed color? that is an observation if for a firm ware but nah I don't think so at this moment.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 4:10 PM   #304

Hello everyone.
I just bought a MPVR yesterday at Target for $88.
I have the 2101 HW 01 firmware.

Anyway, is there a way to turn off the camera click sound whenever you take still photos?

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 5:25 PM   #305

Rodfather , read the instructions. if you go into the camera and go to settings

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"its the left buton go to the one's that look like tools second one down called beep turn off.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"welcome and excellent price 88.00
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:03 PM   #306

I'm not talking about the beep you hear from navigating through the menus. I'm talking about right after you take a picture, you hear this fake film shutter sound. I want to get rid of this. Turning off the beep in the Tools menu does not solve this.

Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:11 PM   #307

Hi. You need to turn the volume down on your camera to minimize that sound. You can turn down the volume in either playback mode while watching a videoor invoice recordingmode. It does help lower the sound.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:33 PM   #308

Great thanks a lot. I turned the volume all the way down with the voice recorder and now I can't hear a thing.
:-)

Would you all mind listing the SD cards you bought for this camera?
I just ordered a 2 GB 50x card from Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211029

I was wondering if 50x is fast enough to record smoothly at 640x480 30FPS and whether this is a decent brand.

I popped in an old 32 MB card from an old camera and it's slow as molassas. I can only record 2 seconds before the camera locks up.

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:02 PM   #309

Hey Rodfather,

Have you tested out your mp3 function at all? I'm curious to whether there was an issue with al firmware 2101's. I had trouble changing songs during playback with mine. The packaging mine came in did not have 2k6 written on it, did yours?

I ordered the corsair 133x 2gb sd from newegg, it came out to be less than $60 I believe.
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 3:43 AM   #310

Object..... I just had to se if i did add that in the review lol i did broken blvd something like that

the answer is yes i did add two or three songs and qworks fine not an MP3 person , hmm why, oneday will get into it, jus maybe Ido not have convertor or tried more than I hadto. but I will do a small vid of3 short songs and post if you like?

works for me I hear the 2101 firmware not good on this the latter models are?