Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 9, 2006, 3:49 PM   #311

No I haven't tried out the MP3 player yet. I'll test it out later and post my findings.

I tested my camera out while going bowling. The crappy indoor quality is what I expected and that's fine. But what really bothered me is how the audio gets out of sync.

class="nf"http://youtube.com/watch?v=z4E4CT2PtyI
Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:05 PM   #312

Hello to All Members,

I just bought a MPVR at BestBuy this week for $89.

Looks like theres another new firmware guys.

My unit has FW- 2302 HW- 01 The date code was BKL6018xxxx

No problems with MP3 playback switching songs. Looks like they fixed that.

The 640 X 480 mode looks pretty good to me so far. However the 320 X 240 modelooks terrible !!!!! Tons of digital artifacts in the picture. Can anyone confirm that the low resolution mode looks bad ??????

My other hybrid, a Eujoy Mcatch 1100 looks many, many times better in that mode.

Now that it finally stopped raining here in NJ maybe I can do some more recording outdoors !!!

videoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:16 PM   #313

Wow. Another newer firmware. I suppose this newest one is to improve upon the 2101 that wasn't so good. I'd be very interested to know what this newest firmware improves upon for the MPVR. In my jealousy, I might have to update my firmware or go trade for the newest camera yet again.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:55 PM   #314

videoman wrote:
Quote:
Hello to All Members,

I just bought a MPVR at BestBuy this week for $89.

Looks like theres another new firmware guys.

My unit has FW- 2302 HW- 01 The date code was BKL6018xxxx

No problems with MP3 playback switching songs. Looks like they fixed that.

The 640 X 480 mode looks pretty good to me so far. However the 320 X 240 modelooks terrible !!!!! Tons of digital artifacts in the picture. Can anyone confirm that the low resolution mode looks bad ??????

My other hybrid, a Eujoy Mcatch 1100 looks many, many times better in that mode.

Now that it finally stopped raining here in NJ maybe I can do some more recording outdoors !!!
How do you check the firmware version?
AVspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:16 PM   #315

You can check the firmware on your camera by pushing the mode button until you are centered over the playback mode. Then you press both the menu button and the play button on the LCD screen at the same time. After a few seconds the FW and HW should flash on the screen.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:21 PM   #316

I checked the firmware just like you said RaeRae1981.

All the MPVR's had that date code ( BKL6018xxx ) at the BestBuy I went to in NJ.

Looks like they updated the BKL6017xxxx series with the FW-2101 firmware pretty quick.

I'm still not happy with the performance of the 320 X 240 mode. Like I said earlier,my older,cheaper hybrid looks much better in that mode.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:52 PM   #317

I own an MPVR with 1701 FW. My QVGA-quality recordings also have artifacts frequently. Just seems to be the way the camera works. VGA looks very, very nice, though. It doesn't bother me much because I only use VGA for recording my own home movies, and I'll just use QVGA to record some shows off of TV and playback on the camera, so the little pixels and fuzzies don't bother me much.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:06 PM   #318

It just seams strange that they can make the VGA mode look so good but not the QVGA mode. If the encoder can handle VGA then QVGA should be no problem either.

I have a Mcatch 1100 hybrid. It does QVGA at 30 Fps and VGA at 10 Fps. The picture looks great in QVGA and except for the frame rate, the VGA picture looks like the MPVR. Paid $45 for it new. Its also a 2 MP camera, MP3 player and audio recorder.

Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:12 PM   #319

Where did you get your other hybrid? Do you live in the United States? I've never heard of that one and my sister is on the market for a hybrid; that one sounds worth looking into.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 5:54 AM   #320

aiptek ,mustek and other models older ones, have a better lower resolution, why?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the file or mpeg coding was bigger not as compressed, now the MPVr compresses even further causing low resoulution to be worse, and making higherresolution better

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"my Mustek dv4500 is the best in vide recording at the lowest and outbeats the Aiptek.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the aiptek 5300 has thelowest resolution aswell andstill outproforms the MPVr with its compression

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"but both can't av in record, but can get it in the camera by other means just need to minpulate it in.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote