Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:40 AM   #321

ObjectAgnosia wrote:
Quote:
Hey Rodfather,

Have you tested out your mp3 function at all? I'm curious to whether there was an issue with al firmware 2101's. I had trouble changing songs during playback with mine. The packaging mine came in did not have 2k6 written on it, did yours?

I ordered the corsair 133x 2gb sd from newegg, it came out to be less than $60 I believe.

I just tried out some MP3's and my camera experiences lockups when trying to switch songs. But.. I also noticed only 2 of the 7 songs I transferred showed up on the list. The filenames for each of the songs were very long and noticed the 2 that did show up were a bit shorter than the others.
I plugged the camera back in and cut the filenames down. Low and behold, all the mp3's showed up and all the songs played fine and the camera didn't crash when switching songs.
So my assumption is that it crashed when trying to skip to a file that had a filename that was too long or that it just basically fails just because there are even long filenames in the mp3 folder.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:48 AM   #322

RaeRae1981 wrote:
Quote:
Where did you get your other hybrid? Do you live in the United States? I've never heard of that one and my sister is on the market for a hybrid; that one sounds worth looking into.
Yes I live in the USA, New Jersey.

I bought that Mcatch Hybrid from geeks.com last summer. They were closeing them out for $45. Never seen them have that model again. You can sometimes find them on E-Bay. Search for "Eujoy" or " Mcatch "

videoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:19 AM   #323

I'm hoping that downloading new firmware can fix my faulty camera. Is there anyway I can download this new firmware?
Corsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 3:18 AM   #324

Another test. Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=onbHfGf622E

Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:01 AM   #325

RodfFathef?

Priceless!

this is what the Mpvr is all about having fun:|:|:|:|:|keep the good work up, what I liked about the vid there wasablur ofgrass perfectly in its way.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 2:44 PM   #326

Haha thanks.

I'm really enjoying my mpvr. I'm taking it everywhere and am having no problem just handing it off to friends so I don't have to shoot everything. I even let my little 8 year old cousin run off with it so he can play around and shoot pictures & video.

As for the cutting grass video, that blurry part was part of a bush. I didn't have a tripod, so I jammed the camera on top of the bush instead.

Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:02 PM   #327

see what a 88-200 usc machine can do and not worry bout it being destroyed?

maybe try to place on the mower next time get a hands on view?

if you get a vice grip and a threaded bolt you can rig your own up

have fun rodfarther , keep up the good work.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:38 PM   #328

If this does not go where I expect it to, blame a newbie to these forums.

Anyway, I went through all 17 pages, not word for word, but fairly fast so I might have missed someone else having posted this about the MPVR....

If you open the LCD enough to turn the camera on and quickly close the LCD as soon as the blue power led comes on, the camera stays powered up! You can then shoot pics or video without the lcd hanging out the side.

David
ham2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:52 AM   #329

nice trick but we have no worries of that when you justclose th lcd in the reverse or open way.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:01 PM   #330

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
nice trick but we have no worries of that when you justclose th lcd in the reverse or open way.
Except when carrying the cam with an RC airplane, then having the hard side protecting the fragile lcd is advantageous. Aerial photo/video fun is why I purchased this cam.

If you are ever bored, browse this forum about ap/av with RC. Guys have shot really good pics and videos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Besides, with the lcd closed, you can cover the record lite opening and video completely surreptiously :-).

David
ham2405 is offline   Reply With Quote