Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:14 AM   #331

I am not a camera person and never will be, but I was looking for something to do short videos of my skating students on the ice and started with a real piece of junk from Radio Shack only because it was dirt cheap. I found the MPVR by accident at Target. Just liked the feel of it right away. Called DH at work to have him google it, and bought it there, then returned it after getting it at Best Buy for $60 less. IMO, the best way to pitch this great little camera to beginners like me, is to emphasize it's very, very easy controls, it's huge LCD, it's 2GB SD capacity, and it's rock bottom price on sale. At least two of my friends have already gotten one after seeing mine in action at the rink. BTW, I was concerned about low light, as ice arenas are not known for their lighting, but it was great indoors. Maybe the ice reflects enough light for it?

I haven't used the camera much yet, and did have one little problem, in which the camera froze after a still shot. Had to remove the battery to get out of it, but lost just that last pic. This is going to be a great teaching tool. I loooove this camera!

Thank you, fishy, and everyone else who has been working on this camera and digging up all the relavent facts. I actually read all 17 pages and copied notes for myself of whatever I thought I might need in the near future.

dbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:11 AM   #332

DBNY welcome , and thank you very much for the Kind words you get the :|of the month Icon.

some of your Concwrns for this camera

1. lighting

2. crashing.

lighting for the Cmos, and ccd lenses its best to shoot your Vid outdoors in a sunlit area behind you , the sun.

but since Ice is white and is reflecting into the camera it casues the cmos to get brighter.

if you need to realy brighten up your vid night mode will addsome lightto it butmay stutter the shots with shutter slowspeed..

2. crashing. can be caused by a certain sd card of 2 gigs never had an issue with 1 gig or lower.

You must ask yourself this

A> when it crashs how much memory have you used? does i happen at the same spot all the time?

I ask these questions b/c if you snap a picand it crashs at the beginnin only all the time and no more then the sd card can be currupted a bad sector?

I had this on another camera or hybrid. always at a certain spot thesecond pic.

So I just wasted 5 secs of vid or pic and got rid of the problem.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:51 PM   #333

Thanks for the tips on the crash, fishy and for the super cool icon too . It was with a 1GB Kingston card and hadn't happened before. Haven't used the card since, so I don't have enough info to figure it out yet, but now I know what to look for.
dbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:23 AM   #334

Well I've been having fun with my cheap hybrid cam so far. I'm still eyeing a Sanyo HD1 but for what I'm doing, the aiptek is doing ok.

Check out some of my footage at http://phonyholmes.com

If you want to skip all the crap, just hit the 'Podcast' category and only the posts with video will show up.

Or you can subscribe to the 'video podcast' through RSS 2.0 or through iTunes (for all those iPod owners who want subscribe to pointless videos, yet all filmed on a MPVR).

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:08 PM   #335

Quote:
Check out the Aiptek site. They sell it for $9.99 and if you look carefully, you'll see an input the same as on the USB/AV Out cable. It comes BUNDLED with that little accessory so you can plug it into the wall and use it. It can ALSO be used to charge the battery, but you have to remove the bonus accessory they make you pay $9.99 for.

Can I use something like this to do the same thing as the AIPTEK AC Adaptor?

http://www.memoryforless.co.uk/store...ml?36988x52238

Thanks
Attached Images

eilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:35 PM   #336

Aiptek sells one, if it is an Aiptek product it is an ac adaptor,

by the looks of the pic it is?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:34 AM   #337

Haha sorry but I'm a bit faded tonight. Anyway, I brought my MPVR along and you can see how low light indoor footage turns out. Still though, if I didn't have it on me in the first place, it wouldn't have been recorded.

http://phonyholmes.com/?p=49

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 9:50 AM   #338

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjxQgAXF0rQ jvc

http://www.youtube.com/?v=s8wLy6q58tA mustek

here is a camcorder of fireworks at night. take note of the dark surroundings, but also take not of the first 30 secs you'll see a ride I zoomed in on. not blurred or out of focus.

but thefaces andbodies are hard to see. If I hadused night alive there ould be blurred action.

"no light , no vid, low light no vid

light on subject, or object priceless.

thee is also a video of thesame fireworks o Aiptek dv5300 in here as well, as the mustek dv4500. you'llsee it to be just as goodas the jvc.

Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:41 PM   #339

I created a new Topic called: "AIPTEK MPVR The Inside" with a picture of the back taken off the MPVR camera. I checked for the post and can not find it. Does it need to be approved first before it posted? I would like to see it so I can know I am doing it right, then I can post more pictures. let me know. I will try to post more to this forum in the future, I have been real busy and haven't had time. Thanks.:-)Here's the picture I posted earlier:
Attached Images

StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:35 PM   #340

excellent as the lower cover is not part of the removal. the rubber strap is Glued on to the cover as it snaps in, mine Just happen to snap off and unglued itself.

just to be careful notto lose that peice.