Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 26, 2006, 3:48 AM   #341

how about the front lens how can we remove it? It gets dusty. I think the mic area or the speaker area is responsible for the entry of the dust particles.
quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 4:07 AM   #342

the top back is the mic and theside is the speaker

the machro/~ is a switch

A member in here has taken its front off andI believe its is sealed tightly

its all located here on the front page he will be showing it with more Pics? as he learned there's a limitto pic posting?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:17 AM   #343

Please visi this link a better view of pix click me

Well, this has been kinda fun. Nothing has really surprised me as much as the elaberate way AIPTEK made the LCD screen turn the camera on and off. You would think they would use some form of switch like the FISHER CameraCorder. It uses a small plastic extrusion to depress a small momentarly on switch. When you file the plastic extrusion down, which is what I did, it cannot depress said switch and in turn will not turn off camcorder when LCD screen is shut. The AIPTEK MPVR 2K6 camcorder uses some form of Hall effect through the LCD screen through the mainboard of the camcorder. It is very unusual. First, there is small silver bar magnet at the upper inside of the LCD screen side of the camera case, close to the blue wires that go into the LCD screen case. I'm not sure what, if any, effect his bar magnet has on the operation of the camera. At first I thought the bar magnet was a piece of ferite used for filtering or blocking interference because of its close proximitey to the blue wires connected to the LCD screen. I have discovered that when the mainboard is connected to the battery and I lift the mainboard up and away from the "black rectangle" at the bottom of the case with the LCD screen, the mainboard powers up and when lowered, it powers down. It is using some form of Hall effect. From the top of the mainboard to the bottom of the mainboard to the button side of the LCD screen back to the top of the camera makes a complete circuit that triggers some component or sensor on the mainboard to turn the camcorder on and off. It's pretty wild. It is making me scratch my head. It just seems a bit elaberate for such a simple task. Any ideas on this one anyone? Next, I will disconnect the CMOS camera from the mainboard and wire up a long cable between the CMOS and the mainboard. At some pont I will create a battery shaped adaptor that fits in the battery compartment. It will have a small 3/32" monurial jack attached to it and I will use my Dremel tool to make a hole in the battery cover so the jack can stick through. Also, I will cut a retangular slot of material from the battery compartment lid so that I may be able to insert and remove an SD memory chip without removing the lid. Ok, it's bed time for me. Enjoy the pictures, at least it lets you get a look at what is in the camcorder without having to take the camcorder apart. I do have video I will edit together and put on YouTube, look out for it.:idea:

Upload Video and Images - Putfile

StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:23 AM   #344

I suspect the use of the magnetic switch simply increases the reliability over a mechanical switch.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:40 PM   #345

These pics are for showing the camera being opened if you are able to blow them up to 6x6 then great even a new topic with the link to here?

I preferre not to disassemble a perfect item? as stated 88.00 its worth doing so for Rc and other issues?.

Soon to be placed on a few topic areas is the Firmware video, and me asa Ginnie Pig. Lol:blah:
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:51 PM   #346

Sadly I have never seen the MPVR for as low as $88. the lowest I have seen it, is what it is now in Bestbuy ie $119. If it was $88 I would have got it and tried to fix the audio sync issue but at $119 it is still too much for a device which should they shouldn't be selling if it has audio sync issue!

I only saw the IS-DV in Target that time for $92 which is why I got that one. I am still mourning over it's loss LOL
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:49 PM   #347

1.http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

2. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

3. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

read these two you'll see it at its peak I am sure the Is-dv was at a lower price but not gonnabreak my heart over it.

found the one Ithought i got for a low price lol.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 3:06 PM   #348

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

this is the firmware video opend in a new topic, view it and talk about it hope it helps out

the members that just ask for the firmware should post why and call aiptek, if not these hybrids keep going out with flaws.

I have emailed the rep and hope to recieve a newer firmware and also instructions for the IS_DV2
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:53 PM   #349

Thing is about this pictures, they are plenty large to see the details but are being scaled down when I post them to Putfile. I didn't know they would do that. They say you can post .jpg's up to 2 MB. Thing is they scale it down. If you want, I can send the .jpg's to you via email or FTP site. I too, wish they were the resolution I sent them in. It's a real jip when you go there and they are scaled down and when I clicked on them to make them larger, which it appeared I could do, it brings you to the home page asking you to post pictures. If there is a better place to go other than ImageShack, let me know. I heard mostly bad things about ImageShack. Maybe their fine, I don't know. Let me know Fishy.
StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 5:15 PM   #350

StarNomad I have ben Quite busy sorry If i read wrong

I believe If i click on its picture it opens Just fine that said an edit saying " Click on the pic fora larger Image "

Putfile 6months unviewed bye bye

image shack I have no issues but 1.2 meg Lol thanks again i'll clic kon the pix

And yes clicking on the bottom well um directed me to my home page there Lol

thanks a Million..................:|