Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:19 PM   #351

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
I suspect the use of the magnetic switch simply increases the reliability over a mechanical switch.
So far the small bar magnet appears to propagate a small magnetic field into the metal collar of the LCD screen, but how it completes the circuit between the circuit board (mainboard) and an apparent sensor that seems to be activated by the opening and closing of the LCD screen is unknown. If you have a theory, I would like to hear it. It would be nice to know exactly what is ocurring and what component is involved. :whack:
StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:43 PM   #352

I see we have a memory and there is a lithium battery in the circuitry , never noticed that on my Mustek when I oened andreplaced covers.......
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:48 PM   #353

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
These pics are for showing the camera being opened if you are able to blow them up to 6x6 then great even a new topic with the link to here?

I preferre not to disassemble a perfect item? as stated 88.00 its worth doing so for Rc and other issues?.

Soon to be placed on a few topic areas is the Firmware video, and me asa Ginnie Pig. Lol:blah:
Uh, Ok, I must of misunderstood the post. I thought you where expressing a wish for me to enlarge pictures by the comment "if you are able to blow them up to 6x6 then great".

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
StarNomad I have ben Quite busy sorry If i read wrong

I believe If i click on its picture it opens Just fine that said an edit saying " Click on the pic fora larger Image "

Putfile 6months unviewed bye bye

image shack I have no issues but 1.2 meg Lol thanks again i'll clic kon the pix

And yes clicking on the bottom well um directed me to my home page there Lol

thanks a Million..................:|
I have to say, this post is a bit confusing. I was not talking about the post itself, that contained a link to Putfile but the webpage itself. After you click on a picture and you go to Putfile to view a bigger representation of said picture, it is still smaller than what I uploaded. I was not aware that Putfile was your homepage. If it is, pretty cool. I will try to create a new topic in the future and post there. Don't want to step on any toes.:GAnyone else doing modifications to AIPTEK MPVR camera, let me know.
StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 5:33 PM   #354

StarNomad Sorry.

I made you a new thread and I posted all the pix it is blown up to a viewable size see

sample below

1 there is a battery I see there excellent ifi cannot get my camera to work

hmm maybe that will bea issue later on?

Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:43 PM   #355

About a month ago I purchased an AIPTEK Camcorder from Best Buy in New York state. After about a month the device stopped working (LCD display quit). As it carries a 12 month "North American" warranty I sent an e-mail to the company's "North American" distributor in California asking for service under their warranty. I received an e-mail back from a AIPTEK company employee named "eramirez" stating that warranty was only applicable to U.S. residents with a valid U.S. address and as didn't live in the US I should contact either the German or Tiawan division of AIPTEK to obtain service under their warranty as Canada is a foreign country and they do not provide service to foreign countries from the USA. What lesson have I learned?....Canadian residents should buy Canadian as US based companies may not provided any service or support to people living in "North America outside of the US, even though their warranty and company mandate specifically states they are a product distibutor for North America!! I guess "North America" to some now means the USA only!!

Canadians be warned when buying AIPTEK products if they break you're on your own...

On a final note can anyone help fix this problem (the Camcorder works fine connected to my TV)? Thanks...
DSJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:51 PM   #356

Excellent information to know I preferre to cal the us and canada Northern region I guess the same goes for mexico?

whileyou have troubles the sensor may be gone I have a Mustek dv4500 same problem see the lcd go on and the out. plays through the tv cable no fix that I know as a lost member 3Face dissapeared he might have had the answer for you sorry.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:10 PM   #357

Excellent contribution, StarNomad. I like seeing information like that.

A few months ago, I sent fishycomics a couple of pictures of the inside of a Digilife DDV-V1 / 810, which he posted under his id. Does anyone recall where those pictures were posted? I tried to find them and couldn't. Since the outisdes and the screen of them are so alike, it would be interesting to compare the insides of the V1 and the MPVR.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 6:28 AM   #358

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Excellent contribution, StarNomad. I like seeing information like that.

A few months ago, I sent fishycomics a couple of pictures of the inside of a Digilife DDV-V1 / 810, which he posted under his id. Does anyone recall where those pictures were posted? I tried to find them and couldn't. Since the outisdes and the screen of them are so alike, it would be interesting to compare the insides of the V1 and the MPVR.

Mod SG page 12 in topicpage 5 around. here is the Link. and hope it's the One . Sept 14th 2005 that's a lil more then 2 months my friend. :G

1 http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=68268&forum_id=92&page=4

Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:12 PM   #359

ObjectAgnosia wrote:
Quote:
Hey everyone, I am in the market for a do it all video device and i stumbled onto this thread. I've decided to get the Aiptek MPVR, but before I buy one I wanted to know if it they arecompatible with bullet cameras. I want to hook up a bullet camera with the MPVR and make some mountain biking videos. The bullet camera will be mounted on my helmet and the MPVR tucked away in my Nalgene back pack. Will i be able to fold the screen down with out turning it off? I remember reading that if you close the screeen it shuts off, I don't want to leave the screen open if it's in the bag. Thanks

I also read somehwere that the battery is the same as the Nokia 8210 battery. Can anyone validate that?
This is the closest question I could find to address what I want to do with my MPVR. I intend to use a bullet-cam with the unit to record rides on my motorcycle. I have ordered the "barrel plug-to-mini usb" adapter from Aiptek so that I can power the unit with the AC adapter directly (for use at home). I want to power the camera from my 12v motorcycle battery so I don't have to worry about carrying spare camera batteries. I'm interested in locating a DC-to-DC cirarette-lighter adapter with either 1) a 1.3mmx3mm male barrel plug (I believe that's the size of the plug on the Aiptek AC Adapter) which I can then plug into the Aiptek mini-usb adapter, then to the camera or 2) DC-to-DC adapter with a mini-usb on the other end to connect directly to the camera. What is the dc voltage & amps required to actually operate the unit? The AC adapter label says it outputs 5v/1A and the battery dock label says it stepsthat down to 4.2v/450mA. I've located some variable DC-to-DC adapters but I'm unsure as to what voltage settings would be safe for the unit. I aint no engineer! All comments welcomed!
GRBANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:28 AM   #360

hey thanks every one - for all the great info in this cam
- I was on vacation last week and wanted a cheap but
good cam to record video and found this post,

I got mine at best buy for $119, target was sold out

Hay my firmware is 2302 and hw 1, and its able to record
in stereo from dvd players or vcr

- I read some ware here it does not - mine does
- but it only plays back on my computer as stereo
but yea I tested it - got both channels

And I am using a Nokia BLD-3 battery as a spair