Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:37 AM   #371

Looks like 90 % are out gonna have to redo.

Sorry to say putfile deletes after 6 months of standbys will try my best to update and transfer to Youtube.. try finding yahoo video andsee if some work there

Please also look under the sample on top in the section

thank you . its a start for noob's

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:36 AM   #372

fabio13Welcome to the Site , thankyou for pointing this out

Youtube is lifetime on vids, while Putfile is 6 months of standby then deletion. I have cleaned up the page and hope it is to everyone's liking, I will not try to reproduce the video, I just deleted out the section and added updates from my comparison shots. I hope this will help you out now.

thans again. Mod FISHY

fabio13 :idea: you got the months award for pointing out th issue

:|

fabio13 wrote:
Quote:
hello

super review!

it's a pity that almost all the video samples disappeared! :sad:

it's not possible to find them another share, please?
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:11 PM   #373

i am thinking about buying an aiptek mpvr and i want to know two things first.
(sorry if they were menioned already i read a few pages but couldnt wade through all 19 pages)

can it also be used as a webcam?

and

is it good if im going to be filming a bunch of high action moves like martial arts stunts and this? ( http://photos.imageevent.com/raleyj/...ie/b-twist.mpg )

thanks
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:06 PM   #374
MJF

Fishy, I used both my Aiptek 8800 and a friend's Sony HC36 DV camcorder on a campout this week to compare, so I understand what you are talking about in terms of quality VS value, but a couple of questions:

1. Are all MPVR's stuck with this audio sync problem? If not, what higher-end ones do not have it?

2. I read somewhere in this forum that the delay can be edited out. How? With what software?

Thanks. MJF.
MJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 7:11 AM   #375

redfire, and MDF

red..... the sample showed avery clear shot, and for sure the MPVr see vid1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_37WaqRtbo

cannot duplicate the clearity, but sure can keep up with its action both machines are rated @ 30fps and that is the neccessary eliments for filming 25 fps as well overseas, No one ever mentioned 25 fps or pal useage. and that shall be mentioned with my reply to MDF.

The MPVr started out as a 5-n-1 no webcam, then they added it in the second model and above. the model shown w/o a MPVR or 2k6 stamp will not have it.

In Order to operate it you must turn camera on and change usb to camera and allow Pc to recognise as Dv6800 vid, dv6800 aud once that'sdone you can operate as web cam. if you do not see camera/usb/printer/ in the settings than its not a webcam model.

again a Pro home camcorder is far better and superb over a Pc mobile hybrid. best to use a camcorder for action, if you rreally want to catch a wide screen shot , extra lens can be attached, but hey it'll work for sure , but low lighting will get you a terrable shot.

MDF:

You ask the bestquestion so far, are all of them stocked with aud/vid. issues?

1.As a Owner of the MOVR the orginal and upgraded, as well as the IS-DV, IS-DV2, Pocket dv5300, The phone call I made was about an Aiptek camera, and the Person I talked with told me to go wih MUSTEK :G.

As I owned the other models I see n o headaches at all. the MPVr somehow is not defective, Just has a ton of stuff crammed in there on a board, battery, and buffer. there are complaints from a member of a DV8800, and PVR as well, and a Phone call about the Newest Zoom-DV6 going to have the same issues.

these issues are Poor video on abigger tv output screen, not shoing black colors , and grainy output. since 3 years this has been around.

the Vid/aud is not going to go away, but may be better on some and worse on others.

2. To correct this watch these two vids.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNgGENf_6BIhow to correct

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWcKS9H2qQkhow to repair

After you tythem out loweringthe Bitrate from 30.0 to 29.97 see if it helps

and also the next question is ?

Since these cameras are manufactured overseas in Tawain, china, Hong kong?

do you think switching the Fps or NTSC to PAL ,would correct the issue ? give it a try? its all electric? not camera function, or is it flicker? I think it may help to try test vid out see if it corrects it

If you go into an editing tool you'll need to add or subtract .3 secs to the audio line . see if that helps

hope I have commented well on themembers Posts thanks , repeated questions yes Please do b/c I also would not wantto sit to go through 20 pages of info, but I bet you will find other stuff out....... Mod FIsHY
Quote:
i am thinking about buying an aiptek mpvr and i want to know two things first.
(sorry if they were menioned already i read a few pages but couldnt wade through all 19 pages)

can it also be used as a webcam?

and

is it good if im going to be filming a bunch of high action moves like martial arts stunts and this? ( http://photos.imageevent.com/raleyj/...ie/b-twist.mpg )

thanks
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:45 AM   #376

hey cool!
thank you fishycomics to have updated your review :-)

:arrow: would you have examples of photos in the original face please?
:arrow: and of video original not compressed by youtube or putfile?

thank!
:-D
fabio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:29 AM   #377

will1384 wrote:
Quote:
I found the problem - let the cam boot up from battery power first,
after that then plug in the power - and it works -

I had the same problem but different solution. You can record video with USB power without battery battery pack.

When you power the Camera using power from USB (5 volts) without internal battery, take note of the following:

1. The camera will not turn on when you open the LCD, you must must power switch manually.

2. The display will initially show the camera view, no icons will be displayed.

3. If you hit video record, the lamp will flash slowly as if it is recording but the counter will not advance. You wont be able to turn off the camera even with the power switch unless you pull the USB plug. There will be file in the memory but it is 0 kB.

4. Photo works right away even if the icons are not indicated.

5. The trick is to go to main menu first (without recording or taking photo) and then go back to Video/Photo mode. All the icons will be displayed and the camera will act normally as if powered from internal battery, however, the unit will not power off if you calose the display. You must push the power button to turn it off.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:14 PM   #378

thanks for the info, fishycomics.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:41 PM   #379

Hi Guys,

I just checked my firmware its FW-1401 HW-00
Is this new firmware or is there something newer?
I also have the video and audio sync problem when recording video.

Aiptek should add a brightness control in the firmware for low light situations. Using this as a webcam with the default settings, in low light, the image is dark similar to when I recording video in low light. But by adjusting the brigness setting in software, the image so much clearer! I wish this could be done on the camera's firmware.

-Jay
jpadua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:06 PM   #380

well go to the Firmware instructions and between the * *