Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:12 PM   #381

Got it thanks!

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
well go to the Firmware instructions and between the * *
jpadua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:19 PM   #382

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCgHeCv9Bbo

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0atYCtxM_Y

I thought I do it again :G

take a Low light shot, the sun is in the back not my front so the light would be dark where I am typing? I have the EV setting adjusted to the lowest that would mean it would be the darkest correct, and night mode on see vid one

What happe'd it quickly adjusted and went from brightt o dark lol

but vid to i corrected to allow more light in the opposite higher and see the difference too bright for my eyes

But remember Nightmode will work in a low lit area nota night time 10pm schedule area lol :GBecome Purple?

now in the 8900 topic I posted my dawg and the tv was on with night mode slow motion effect happ'ed never knew I had that in my camera :G

it will work and editing is needed lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:29 PM   #383

After reading this review fishcomics I convinced myself to get the mpvr 2k6 and try it out. I have a few questions.

Whenever I take a picture with the flash on there seems to be 3 flashes instead of just 1. Is this normal? I was also wondering if there was a way to mute the shutter sound it makes when I take a picture.

I also had a question regarding the battery. I saw someone mention in this thread that you could get 8210 batteries and use them on the camera. Can you charge those batteries using the charger that came with camera or do you have to get a special charger for the 8210 batteries?

thanks for your help

conflikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:59 AM   #384

conflikt 1st welcome aboard

thank you for purchasing the camera , hope you enjoy every moment of it......

1 the flash is a red eye reduction if not mentioned it is normal if in my review there is a avaitar or vid clip and even in a vid comparison topic.

there is on/off auto, no control of 1 flash or red eye an excellent feature

recommend you keep it off by left sliingthe mouse or navigator.

2/ the shutter can be turn off by, settings scroll down to beep it was mentioned within 1 to two pages att he end:G

3 the aftermarket charger of Nolia will have two connection pins the inner two are nothing at all they are dead spots Use the AIptek charger wrks fine

you can go higher with Nah no har as well

if you can mention twhere you purchase the batt forwinter1 Please post it as well in the mpvr posthe or she made thanks

conflikt wrote:
Quote:
After reading this review fishcomics I convinced myself to get the mpvr 2k6 and try it out. I have a few questions.

Whenever I take a picture with the flash on there seems to be 3 flashes instead of just 1. Is this normal? I was also wondering if there was a way to mute the shutter sound it makes when I take a picture.

I also had a question regarding the battery. I saw someone mention in this thread that you could get 8210 batteries and use them on the camera. Can you charge those batteries using the charger that came with camera or do you have to get a special charger for the 8210 batteries?

thanks for your help

Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:41 PM   #385

Thanks for the reply fishy. Im glad that the flash is just the eye reduction. Im still a little confused about the shutter sound. I went into the settings and turned the beep off.

After that I took a picture and you could still hear the shutter sound:
http://media.putfile.com/MPVR-shutter-sound

Am I doing something wrong?

I also had a question regarding the 8210 battery. I saw an auction on ebay that had a battery the voltage was 3.6V and the Capacity 830mAh. I really dont know anything about batteries or charges so I was wondering if this battery is going to be compatible with my charger. Heres a picture of my charger:

Once again thanks for your help.

conflikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:00 PM   #386

1 shutter.

the beep on/off does not relate to shutter , why I thought it did I am sorry. it beeps every time you move bad bad bad.

the shutter I think canoot be turned off. I looked at all the settings even in camera as well. if I find it I'll repost.

2 the battery charger of the MPVR wil charge the aftermarkets no difference in mah the lower the mah the leesss power and recharges

the higher the mah the longer the life and battery recharges. there is a thread that clearly talks about mah. I believe you cannot go wrong with 750-1500 or even higher

I have 200 and higher in my musteks dv4500, no harm

I have Placed 6volts in the MPVR and the screen goes pixalated. so do not worry if you push 5vdc in there it is mentto handle b/c the usb is 5.0vdc

thanks for the uploads they're perfect example samples.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:50 AM   #387

Fishy... check out this huge striper I caught today!!

http://phonyholmes.com/?p=92

Video was shot from the MPVR DV6800. The photos at the beach where shot from it as well.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:36 AM   #388

Rod. I see your Friend had more use of your cam :G

Excellent catch, What was the weight , and size?

by us the creed or limit is one (1) per person on a boat , and a charter two (2).

at 28 inchs

I catch my 1 striper I am done for the day. they are great. seewhich one can wear out first..

again loved the video, and the pictures :|

congrads is this your First striper , just your first of the season I bet.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 8:51 AM   #389

Yes I noticed the beep doesn't turn the shutter speed off.

I know on camera phones they have this, so you can't photograph people via stealth, to protect themselves in case of lawsuits but on the Aiptek MPVR I think it's a bit ridiculous, after all, on regular digital cameras, you can turn any sounds off and camcorders of course don't have sounds either. So its a pathetically annoying redundant feature. In any case you can take a video. In the dark, the flash would give you away for photos.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:07 AM   #390

I figured out how to get rid of the shutter sound... Go to mp3 player mode and turn the volume all the way down. When you go back to camera mode you can't hear the shutter sound. At least this works for me!
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote