Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:31 AM   #31

Commander101 wrote:
Quote:
The software on this camera is complete crap. Whenever I try to video, it keeps freezing on me. It might stop at 4 seconds, and then I have to pull the battery off because I can't turn the camera of any other way. It also does this for the pictures. It will freeze with recording on the screen, and then I have to pull the battery. If anyone has any suggestions, I woul dbe glad to hear them.
Lets clear up some issues by calming down and futher duscuss when i get back home,

1 I agree the software is not the best it is Muvee4 and like in the review it can do just a movie and a lot less then win mov maker

2now when using the camera the vid freezes, and the stills as well? you have to take out the batt and turn all back on to get the camera working to do it all over again ?

A What type of memory sd card are you using?

B what size memory card is it?

Solution. Have you tried not using the memory card and seeing if the camera will film with the internal memory?, and have you tired SANDISK OR KINGSTON and panasonic?

that said lets hope it clears

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:48 PM   #32

now I may add some moe comments. As sgspirit found a 8800 with a webcam feature i bet they'll go back to newsoft vid works 6 I love that software what windows cannot do this picks up picture in picture filming and more webcam softwre and some other titles.

I had taken my camera in and had a 99cent head set ithought i heard the sound from the internal speaker as well as the ear buds well a little static must have been me. not a problem at all

the sd card may be currupted needs formatting or faulty battery terminals if it was a faulty battery terminal then the camera wouldshut off , if it was less then 3volts to operate then you'll get curruption or crashs. so it is best to try a different sd card. if the problem persists

send back return get a new one?

1. where did you buy this from? ebay Please post up? if aiptek then call them rather email them? If you feel you can recieve a refund and have second thoughts and want to try a different brand the digi life v1 may be the best choice as Aiptek is coping the model.

My next question is will a remote work on this? and i'll wast some cell minutes to Aiptek.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:08 PM   #33

Updated information :

Mpvr red sensor is a dummy spot, Aiptek spokesperson on the phone gave me a few minutes of his time to tell me. the 8800 is only being relase to the uk or asia sites . They will monitor the sales of the cameras. and if it sells like hotcakes then they will go the next step. this holds true for the mpvr in the USA and will upgrade. I asked a very simple question :

" The body of the mpvr with the remote sensor is the 8800 but without the use of the remote?"

If you are interested in this model the 8800 they will release to the states within the end of the year. all goes well the

Aiptekmpvr = the digilifev1 w/o remote or Ispan 810

aiptek 8800= the digilife m1, Ispan 810

Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:42 PM   #34

1 mp3 the player has 4 buttons and one is play the other pause I am guessing the other two are fast fwd fast rev. and are not functional the next observation I made was I have 3 songs one a wav off the voice, and two mp3 and I hit play the song will play through the list and go to the end then repeat over and over until you stop it you can skip to the next song or back but not cue through it. battery life on the ,p3 playing is the same amount of time as recording

Screen can be left open or shut without the hybrid turning off, but in record mode you shou the cover in its orginal position it turns off possablr fix is to keep constant on, I have not yet tried that.

2 addtional update: irecieved 2 np-60 batteries box is from China in english says camera/camcorder battery.

the battery WILL NOT fit the camera it is as the picture shows to big, will not fit the charger at all,

will have to wait and see what future Aiptek 8800 users have in their models? Do not makea mistake and get the np-60 unless you like modifications.

Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:44 AM   #35

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Updated information :

Mpvr red sensor is a dummy spot, Aiptek spokesperson on the phone gave me a few minutes of his time to tell me. the 8800 is only being relase to the uk or asia sites . They will monitor the sales of the cameras. and if it sells like hotcakes then they will go the next step. this holds true for the mpvr in the USA and will upgrade. I asked a very simple question :

" The body of the mpvr with the remote sensor is the 8800 but without the use of the remote?"
Hello all...

I don't think that it's a dummy spot.
Then why would they sellWireless Remote Control for MPVR, click the link below:

http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...;Store_Code=AS

Maybe the camera has a remote control functionality but they did not include the remote control unit in their package so they could sell it separately.

You think the Aiptek spokesperson doesn't know what he's talkin' about?

I'm really disappointed with Aiptek's customer service/support. This is not to badmouth themto you guys but I just had some really bad experience with regard to purchasing their product.

I'll just wait for the 8800 I guess...
Do you know what store is selling those or where in Asia/Europe?
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:19 AM   #36

There is more information about the 8800 on another topic a bit farther down.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

As for the remote on the MPVR/6800, your link is proof of that. And is there any chance they'd make two versions of the MPVR, one that will work with the remote and one that won't? And then try to establish which customers have who wish to buy the remote?

I don't think so. I'm sure all of them will work with the remote.

Interesting that the remote shown is exactly the same as for the Digilife DDV-V1/810. More proof that it's the same camera, since it differs from the remotes for the other Digilife cameras.

If you do an Internet search for "Aiptek" "DV 8800", it's for sale at lots of places in Europe.

How are the kid videos coming along? Sounds like you've been stopped by camera issues. You don't need to go easy with us regarding the painfully inadequate support of these cameras. To be fair, I did once talk to a person at Aiptek in California, and I thought that fellow was quite helpful.

But if they would just answer some emails. After all, we're providing a service here of considerable value to them, so the least they could do is answer a few emails.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 4:17 AM   #37

daddy diaper.. You are right they may or may not know a thing or two, but they do know one they saidwhen the aiptek 5300 hit the market mustek was a killer and go with them, now that aiptek got their hands on abetter model i think it is a turn around.

I am not afraid to open up the camera, but I do not want to remove the sticker that a screw lies beind th battery area, and one behind the usb door, no other showing spots bu clips, as well as the lens is mostly 3 m foamed on like my old 5300?

I have a remote and had tried to scan in some codesno luck. so the only bet is to have someone email me theri remote Lol or OI email the camera lol I need to get the code for the remote and then all we have to do is see if it works? I do not know if all aipteks have the same remote? that may be a question for digi life to answer as aiptek USA does not supply the model or answer?

the 6800 is the 8800 yep indeed like I said only 20.00 more you get a remote and 2 meg higher software tweak, but also a webcam So I think the 6800 or mpvr does not have the remote sensor inide for that matter, I know I do not have a webcan feature cannot even get it to turn on in win movie maker etc as a camera caption?

i will purchase a v1 m1 or higher and always keep asa back up or pass it as a gift.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 4:17 AM   #38

daddy diaper.. You are right they may or may not know a thing or two, but they do know one they saidwhen the aiptek 5300 hit the market mustek was a killer and go with them, now that aiptek got their hands on abetter model i think it is a turn around.

I am not afraid to open up the camera, but I do not want to remove the sticker that a screw lies beind th battery area, and one behind the usb door, no other showing spots bu clips, as well as the lens is mostly 3 m foamed on like my old 5300?

I have a remote and had tried to scan in some codesno luck. so the only bet is to have someone email me theri remote Lol or OI email the camera lol I need to get the code for the remote and then all we have to do is see if it works? I do not know if all aipteks have the same remote? that may be a question for digi life to answer as aiptek USA does not supply the model or answer?

the 6800 is the 8800 yep indeed like I said only 20.00 more you get a remote and 2 meg higher software tweak, but also a webcam So I think the 6800 or mpvr does not have the remote sensor inide for that matter, I know I do not have a webcan feature cannot even get it to turn on in win movie maker etc as a camera caption?

i will purchase a v1 m1 or higher and always keep asa back up or pass it as a gift.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:59 PM   #39

Hello again everyone. Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately my MPVR situation has gone from bad to worse. Now all my pictures look completely distorted by any kind of light. I've attached a sample of such a picture. My WB setting is on auto and all other are default as well. I think it may be defective.
Attached Images

Greygooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:17 PM   #40

Greygooser wrote:
Quote:
[...]Now all my pictures look completely distorted by any kind of light. I've attached a sample of such a picture[...]
Groovy!.. psychedelic man! Seriously, yikes, I'm sorry to see that.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote