Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:54 AM   #391

Thanks!
Hah I handed the camera to my buddy about 5 minutes after I got the bite. Wanted to make sure this was recorded. My MPVR is always sitting in the inside pocket of my fishing vest.

It ended up being 15 lbs, 36 inches. I think it weighed more though.

I'm pretty sure the take home limit here is 3. Not sure on a boat.

This is my first striper ever. I basically just started surf fishing this year. I've never been on a boat to fish.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:50 AM   #392

on yhr boat they pull side ways and keep to the bottomewhil you fight them as they tire you get them swimming in a left , right motion.

congrads

you lucky devil.

We have not yet t gone fishig bu t I have a O.T jvc film of a saturday mourning boating to the NYC area it is a downloadable file if interested the

password is boating

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms0..._0006.wmv.html
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:56 PM   #393

Hi, thanks for all the great information. This is helping me to know my MPVR a little better. I do have a couple questions, maybe answered in here somewhere but I missed it.

1. How do I get the video to be less "wavy"? I have tried stabilisation but it did not seem to help.

2. How do I keep it turned on and operate it with the pop out viewer closed?

Thanks
hoggzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:01 AM   #394

hoggzilla

welcome aboard if been here before welcome back,

1. less wavy , do you mean when you film the camera shakes or the video shakes? certain footage may cause waviness. Please post a sample so we can tell?

I have filmed abridge and te cables causes waviness is this the same thing we're talking about?

2.while screen closedcan you film

open up and rotate screen and close in an open manner. some have opened and closed Quickly to get it in an on stage.

I think you cannot open turn on and then close and record it willshut off.

others may have the answers for you. or in the post. Please correct me if I am wrong thank you.

wrote:
Quote:
Hi, thanks for all the great information. This is helping me to know my MPVR a little better. I do have a couple questions, maybe answered in here somewhere but I missed it.

1. How do I get the video to be less "wavy"? I have tried stabilisation but it did not seem to help.

2. How do I keep it turned on and operate it with the pop out viewer closed?

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:02 AM   #395

Yes this would explain why the shutter sound is not as loud at times since I had been turning the volume down on the video during playback. I never use the mp3 function so this is another way to reduce the volume.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:10 PM   #396

Want to be able to turn your AIPTEK MPVR 2K6 camcorder on without it turning on or off. Remove the tiny bar magnet from inside the aluminum cover on the LCD screen. The plastic cover on the front of the LCD screen prys off, it is held on with double-sided tape, this will reveal two small screws at each sides of the black buttons on the end of the LCD screen. Carefully remove LCD screen and electronic circuit board and you will see a small silver magnet. Take a pair of needle nose and lightly twist the magnet until the epoxy gives way. Just be careful. If you want to know where the bar magnet is before you remove aluminum cover, just put some ferrous metal below and a little to the right of the word "AIPTEK". It will stick. If you want to see the camcorder disassembled, go to Topic "aiptek mpvr open view of camcorder".
StarNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:25 PM   #397

Fishy and (especially) will1384,

Thanks for your input; however, Fishy, the local idiot at RadioCrap as much as told me I was insane looking for a cigarette-lighter-to-mini-USB adapter with stepped-down voltage...he even insisted that what I now know is an "8-pin flat mini-USB plug" had to be a Firewire plug. I ultimately found what I needed online... without his help for sure! Details follow in this post.

To reiterate, my goal with the MPVR is to use it as a recorder from an accessory analog-output "bulletcam" to record audio and video of motorcycle rides powering the unit from the bike's 12V battery. Iordered the AC/DC direct-powerconversion plugfrom Aiptek anticipating that I was buying just theconversionplug(a combo female 3mm(?) barrel plug/male 8-pin flat USB). Much to my surprise, I received an AC/DC adapter WITH the plug converter I was looking for ALL EPOXIED TOGETHER! For $9.99 plus shipping, I thinkit's still a worthwhile accessory but it didn't provide anything that met my ultimate needs.

After some considerable web-searching, I located a DC-to-DC male 12V cigarette-lighter-to-USB 2.0 (female) that stepped-down the voltage to 5V at 850mA fromsempsons.com for $5.99 plus shipping (I found the same item on 2 other sites for$11.99+).

As luck would have it, I already had a male USB 2.0-to-miniUSB-8pin cable which was supplied with my Nikon Coolpix 3100 camera; however, I found a similar cable(1.8 meter USB 2.0 A male to mini USB 8-pin flat) at www.dcables.net. After connecting the cigarette lighter adapter with the USB-to-miniUSB cable and then to the MPVR, I got the same problem will1384 found...no viable function; however, following his instructions: 1) booting up the camera on battery power,THEN 2) connecting the auxilliary power source worked perfectly! This work-around is not necessary when using the Aiptek AC/DC supply. The mini-USB plug provided by Aiptek appears to have the center 6 contacts blocked so that the only function is to provide power with the #1 & #8 pins. When using another cable; however, the center 6 pins will apparantly tend to "confuse" the camera and it won't function properly, thus the need for will1384's workaround, i.e., boot from the battery, then connect the auxilliary power cable.

In closing, I want to say that I sure as Hell wish I'd been able to buy this damn camera as cheap as some of you did! I paid nearly list price at BestBuy.com! Stupid, impatient me!!
GRBANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:03 AM   #398

GRbandit

when this camera came out i was the lucky one, if you look hard you'll find a low price but today 130-50 is the average.

I am very pleased to hear we are of some help. and beter get some Moto cycling in there with Vid's

glad all worked out.:-)
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:06 PM   #399

The Circuit City website is selling an Energizer ER-C905 lithium-ion battery that fits the MPVR. Unfortunately, they want $28.99 for it. Its not listed as being available in their stores.

Best Buy websitehas the same battery on sale for $22.49 with local pick up at some stores.

Aiptek.com is asking $19.99 for their battery.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:54 PM   #400

Oldhacer I did see that battery there , and it was high in price wow? theaiptek is-dv and hte PDVr as well. in the NYc its in stock