Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:02 PM   #421

I haven't given up yet. I left the battery in the charger for about 8 hrs today, when I put it in there was no light at all. I took it out and a light flashed (not sure what color happened to quickly) then I put it back in, now the light is a constant red. I think I'll leave it in over night and see if the light ever turns green.

Will let you know something tomorrow. Hopefully the light will go from red to green :-)

Winter1
Winter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:38 AM   #422

Winter, hellow again.

Sometimes the cahrger needs to be tricked like we said before.

if you place it in it is always a solid green. so I would place in camera if not the camera,

you may need to dischargethe batt.

light drain usinga 12vdc light and touching hte pins to the outer pars of the - and +

.1. I have a few cams, andwell I thought would the MPVR fit in the IS_DV batt area. it does but the bat pinconfig is different same location. the center pin is a solid connection, of the IS-DV while the MPVR is a seperate connection does not work.

so just makesure thatcentertab hasa space orcut point that may be somethingto look fo.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:34 PM   #423

Fishy,

The indicator light was green when I woke up. The battery finally took the charge. I put it in the camera this morning and the camera powered up. It's working just fine now.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Winter1
Winter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 6:11 AM   #424

you're welcomed.

1 sometimes you must play with it, wiggle the batt in the holder of the charger.

2. the terminals may be fresh, new and smooth they may not feel the connection.

I smetimes have to do that as i had the same problem

I may take (old school) an eraser tot he connection and gently oxidize back to life , get all the dirt off.

Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:05 PM   #425

Fishy,

Regarding my post of 8/27, I acquired a bullet cam from sportzshot.com...their PVS-6PRO-S which resolves 480 lines, not broadcast-quality but good enough for me. In putting this whole system together, I discovered another little anomaly with the MPVR operation. When I have the vid/aud mini-plug plugged into the MPVR (powered OR unpowered), the MPVR will NOT shut off unless I push the blue button under the LCD screen. PERFECT for my purposes. Aftter a couple of trial runs, I can tell you that I 1) Power-up the MPVR under battery power, 2) plug in the "8-pin flat mini USB" plug from the power adapter, 3) plug in the vid/aud min-plug connected to the bullet-cam, 4) close the LCD screen, 5) push the (red dot) DV recording button, and 6) get on the bike and RIDE! Results are outstanding.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in maintaining this thread.

Best,

GRBANDIT
GRBANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:15 PM   #426

GRBANDIT

thank you. the credit is due to you forPutting so much effort in the MPVr.

1. camera on/off may be magnet as one member here points out to turn auto on/off.

I am so pleased that you are one satisfied person.:|

glad all worked out for you. maybe an upgrade in the future for a bullet cam one day.

any special footage you catch?

I caught last year a dear on the side, gopher, more like a Mole, but not on film.

and a northern Flicker woodpecker on the boat a few weeks ago lol
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:22 PM   #427

I just got the AiptekDV6800 and an MCCplus 2gb card. The camera isnt working with it. The card works fine with my computer. Is this camera screwed or just not compatable? Its just a little sucky since it just came outta the box. I hope I dont have to spend more money on an SD card to find out if my6800 is brokethats all.
poonige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 7:10 AM   #428

Welcome poonige

1 is this a MMC card, not a sd card?

Sd cards will work with the aiptek.

1 try out the camera without the sd card anduse the Internal memory take a short clip, anda pic, did you geta pic andvidto play in playback?

2. format the sd card in FAt on your pc, then place in the camera, and format as well. After that shut down, and turn on , go to the MP3 section and hit play.

A this allows the mp3 file to be created

B go back to camera settings and snap a picture, this allows a 100media file as well to becreated.

you can do a short clip as well.

If none of the suggestions work, better try a "SD CARD" andrepeat it'll work, if not then you can say it is defective

most hybrids do not like MMC cards, I never came a ccross a mmc card by me,

I did notice one of my sd cards not accepting to thecamera and it is when loading the firmware only.

hoe this helps out?thanks for joining

some will ask what firmware you have, first get the camera working..........
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:51 AM   #429

it's been around just under 1 full year, and loving the hybrid camcorder, what I found that is wearing down, as follows:

1 usb door is off needs reglueing not a problem when I have it placed on the side now. like it off than on.

2 the tft screen is showing wear . the screen is loose and may start to slip or drop has play a good amount.may have been an easy fix , if the designer placed the screw or alan key holes on the outer side , rather the inner side? got to live with it

3 battery wear. less, and les holding time , that is normal . Lucky me Aiptek calmed me down by giving me a free battery forfirmware troubles ha ha ha:-)
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:15 AM   #430

It has been a year, since I owned the same MPVR.

I mentioned thescreen being loose.

looking at Normad pics he left out one detail, that kind through me for a loop.

I stopped half way in my taking apart. and placed all back together not afraid , but rather leave alone.

maybe another day.