Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:50 AM   #431

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

added note the hybrid is like new no lose partsand a solid stiff screen, Love it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:14 PM   #432

I received a MPVR for my birthday and it is a GREAT present. I have looked at this web site and am glad to find enthusiastic users. I have taken night vids using the night settings and was not too impressed. I tried regular vid with out any special setting and liked the outcome better. I went to a Christmas party and used the camera under regular light and it was fine. I then reset the EXPOSURE meter to the highest level (2+) and it was real GOOD. I even atached it to a mount on my motorcycle and rode around the block. NICE VIDEO. AIPTEK MPVR is a wicked camera for the money.
MacCreadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:21 PM   #433

Aiptek
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:00 PM   #434

I need the firmware file update for my MPVR 2K6
I tried the PVR firmware upgrades and they don't work, my lense now hardly picks up any light as a camcorder, the picture is all static and it doesn't really display an image on the LCD. It doesn't work at all for stills, just snaps and gives some digital streaking across the bottom of the screen.
I need the 1707 firmware file.
Can someone please send it to me? pm me
DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:43 AM   #435

Dl a higher firmware will get desaturation in layers and stop thestill from working, due to a 5 mb cmos in the elf.

now you'll need to Call your support team Aiptek for firmware upgrades, and default, the links are soon to expire, or had, and I no longer supply them, reason: every single Person who DL this never contacted Aiptek if it was one person or One Hundred thousand people.

causing Aiptek to make a ton of Profit while we theconsumersuffer on a fix that will never see.

I am still awaiting a firmware fix since 2005 of sept.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:07 PM   #436

I'm just looking for the 1707 firmware file, what's the issue with posting it on a free file host server like file factory?
Ya post it, link it and never have to be bothered again.......
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:17 PM   #437

will be updating
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:52 PM   #438

You know I message Aiptek and complianed and they were supposed to send me the firmware and never did. I then proceeded to contact them and they beat around the bush.

Finally I just installed the firmware you posted for me and I still notice audio latency and the digital zoom function no longer works.
I'm the type of guy that doesn't let much of anything slide, it could be 25 cents and I'd fight the S.O.B.'s over it for a month, lol:P
It's not the money, it's the principle of the matter.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:44 PM   #439

I have had the MPVR 2K6 for a year now. Anyone try out the new MZ-DV? Will it zoom properly on video?
http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...;Store_Code=AS
DaveMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 3:29 PM   #440

Hello! I am using the Aiptek MPVR and MPVR+ in amateur rocketry, having made a housing that holds the camera and allows me to operate the controls while it is on the launch pad. I'm looking for a way to get maximum video quality, e.g. reduce compression. I am quite willing to sacrifice recording time in order to get the best quality of which this camera is capable. Is there a patch, upgrade, hack, etc. that allows this option?

For examples, check out:

http://www.nefar.net/gallery/2007-03/index.html

Mine are the "Sugar Rush" launches, using the MPVR

and

http://www.nefar.net/gallery/2007-02/index.html

There is one flight on this page using the MPVR+, the "Pinkeye"

I can't tell much difference in video quality between the two, perhaps because compression-induced artifacts compromise the video significantly. Of course, these are further compressed in compiling the .wmv files, but similar artifacts are seen in the original video.

Thanks!
Jimmy Yawn
jyawn is offline   Reply With Quote