Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:51 PM   #41

Greygooser wrote:
Quote:
Hello again everyone. Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately my MPVR situation has gone from bad to worse. Now all my pictures look completely distorted by any kind of light. I've attached a sample of such a picture. My WB setting is on auto and all other are default as well. I think it may be defective.
Gragoose a number of questions may be in order here .

. possable defect, placed on a magnetic field of some sort or new feature tie die effect.

I am truely sorry about this, 1. find the place you purchase and return for a full refund, and do not be upset, if you have purchased in target, ( not specified where bought) return for a full refund. if online Please post your serial number so if and when it is returned , some poor soul will not get this defective camera? this may be an oppertunity to wait for the 8800 model, the 810/v1 or 910/m1 talked about digi life. they are going to relase a newer viersion soon, or purchase the same , can live without a remote and webcam, great , want those extras perfect. sorry for the loss of a good camera.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 4:34 PM   #42

adding some extra info. Playing around with the dvd feature i got a 4 gig movie on the player at 600 plus mb and was rather impressed on the cameras scren. got it on the tube I got pixals I did not get my hopes up, I knew it would be somewhat good b/c 320x240 is not great. 640x480 is best.

m next step was to get my mustek vid out not the camera yet, and place a vid on there and play through aiptec on the tube. well i did not like what i saw pixalx hmm I say? looks like my ole 5300 sgspirit and possably oldhacer remembers, so what is my next step getting the mustek and reloadinga mustek vid and sure enough clearer crisper pic, I am not saying the MPVR is bad just i trust the mustek over any camera I own, and gotten used to it. I am wearing it out and oneday areplacement as i notice my av out plug is wearing, the soundwas mising on a jack nothing last forever. Untill Aiptek can get their act together do not give up hope prefrence is all i say I own 4 mustek I like them I own 1 aiptek and I like that as well now 2

added info: just relaxing and having any film from any camera is priceless . thank you
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:24 PM   #43

That camera is seriously screwed up, and it doesn't strike me as anything an owner could attempt to fix. But, hey, the screws on the lightswitch showed up. It has to go back somehow. Maybe contact the manufacturer directly and make some comments about protecting their brand image. They may not like all this 'grey-market' selling, but it's helping popularize the brand.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 3:05 PM   #44

Hey, that screwed up pick looks a bit like this video..

http://www.youtube.com/?v=tY-nYakKNdI

I got this from hitting the record button too fast, just at the animation was finishing.. to me, it looks like I'm seeing everything in 16 colors (set you monitor to 16 color mode and look at a photo sometime, it will be funky like that..

I think your camera is screwed, a short somewhere?

In other news.. I did get a camerabright. It's worthless if you screw it on the bottom of the MPRV, the light hitsbelow the picture area. But if you hold it on the side, the light will hit the picture area and help some.. I might get some velcro and stick it on.. ;-P Ya.. either that or duck tape. ;-P

Anyway, I took my camera out 2 weeks ago and did alot of photographing and video with mixed results. One thing that I REALLY REALLY don't like, is that it seems VERY SLOW to take a picture. You hit the picture button and like 2-3 seconds later you have a picture. This is a huge annoyance.

I think my old Sony 2MP camera does better stills.. and it's faster too..

It's still a fun cam.. I think that's the best category for it. "funcam". not for anything serious.. The MP3 player is a joke, I don't think many people will ever use this thing to play more than 1 or 2 songs.

I'm going to play with it some more this weekend, and I'm hoping to get some better pics because I'll have my tripod and some more time setup shots.

Anyway.. I'd say hybrids are going to rock in a few years.. right now, it just doesn't seem like they are getting all the features/quality in that they need to. Which is sad.

xigam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:17 PM   #45

Xigam.

Aiptek is nothing special, it is behind Mustek, the pmp camera mpvr is a great lil funcam Yes. need to always keep in mind paitience wait til the shot is snap and still not move , even in the vid. that will lead to enjoyment. I would love to look into a few models before I rreally decide to call it quits but thee are always better models coming out , My line stops with the sanyo exacta c5 no more. i will also look for a major camera a casio or cannon with optical, in the the thread the casio exim looks dam good 3x optical and slim. so the next time I am on a vacation or fun place two cams whip out the Mustek Lol and my olympus now i want it to be my cannon or casio and the sanyo

thanx for your comments on the vid Dixie better get some better footage he or she is a star. for tie die filming I would still look into the defect on it, I do not even get that at start up
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:24 PM   #46

xigam wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, I took my camera out 2 weeks ago and did alot of photographing and video with mixed results. One thing that I REALLY REALLY don't like, is that it seems VERY SLOW to take a picture. You hit the picture button and like 2-3 seconds later you have a picture. This is a huge annoyance.

I think my old Sony 2MP camera does better stills.. and it's faster too..

One thing to do with the stills mode is to take a series of pictures. Each one, hold your hand in front of it. Observe the status of the camera, and pull your hand away at different points while it registers the still. Then review the shots. This way you can figure out at exactly what point it acutally takes the shot. If you get it just right, you'll get a semi-transparent image of a blurred hand.

I just did this with my V1. The sequence is: You press the shutter, nothing seems to happen for about half a second, then at the same time the "Recording" message shows up the fake shuttter noise also sounds. The "Recording" message displays just an instant longer than the shutter noise sounds.

I found that the moment when the camera takes the picture is just before the message and sound starts. In other words, the picture is taken between the time you press the shutter and when it seems it starts to do something.

I've also found that when taking flash shots, the subjects assume the picture has been taken, and start moving around before the final flash burst goes off. So I have to explain to them to stay still until the fourth flash.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:02 AM   #47

very good, observation is he key, and I stated always take your shot andnot move 3 sec b4 and after that gets a great shot if you snap then move no good
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:46 PM   #48

> I've also found that when taking flash shots, the subjects assume the picture has > been taken, and start moving around before the final flash burst goes off. So I >have to explain to them to stay still until the fourth flash.

This is what I've found as well.. it's annoying because I know this, but I forget to mention it alot when I take a picture, so I get alot of blurs.. it's a poor design.

xigam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:36 PM   #49

Sorry to dissagree x..........

3 or flashs , I would say when my hand moves you may move

th older aiptek was weak with light ass the newer ones today have a stronger range and more flash power I am happy I can take this with me at a dark place and truxt the flash. subjects are hard objects are easy.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:03 PM   #50

Well a few daysago, my Mpvr had had its first drop, Like a babies tooth falling out lol

Did I hear any crack thump or smashing sound ? Not at all, I believe I was lucky , it ht the joysick or a certain wat on the ground to bounce nicely ha ha ha and Yes it is still working no damage or scratch. Now I can say it can withstanda certain crash test. as for my cassette player at work my cassette cover snapped and that has some priceless songs on it, and fell a lot higher. and also a lot lighter to. it all depends on the way things hit. all in good ways