Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:25 PM   #81

Fishy, did I read correctly that the Aiptek MVPR has a TV as well, check out the 5th Feature below the last!?

I did a copy and paste from http://www.shopathometv.com

Features:
  • 3-megapixel sensor [/*]
  • 6-megapixel enhanced [/*]
  • MPEG-4 VGA 30 fps camcorder with video stabilizer [/*]
  • File converter to convert DVD/VCD for DV playback [/*]
  • Huge 2.4" TFT LCD display for preview and/or replay photos anytime [/*]
  • Media player & recorder [/*]
  • Internal Memory: 32MB Flash Memory (16MB for Storage) [/*]
  • MP3 player [/*]
  • AV-in that records your favorite program and playback at DV/PC [/*]
  • Built-in SD slot [/*]
  • TV-tuner provides mobile TV with recording function [/*]
  • Li-ion battery [/*]
  • Dimensions: 4.1" x 2.6" x 1.25" [/*]
  • Weight: 5.5 oz [/*]
  • 1-year limited warranty[/*]
ttaakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:09 PM   #82

[align=justify]False advertisement The aiptek Mpvr at shop at home network most likely ment to say it can record any show any way any form, to the camera of any output to the av input. [/align]
[align=justify]I may be able to attach a tv and get it to play through the mpvr, but NO tv option is for this cameras as well as a webcam feature unless stated from Aiptek[/align]
[align=justify]I hope I made it clear[/align]
[align=justify]the info is in orange of what the av in does Personal Media Player & Recorder:
Connect the camera to your TV/VCR/DVD Player to Record Video Clips, Pictures, and Audio Recordings, and Playback Directly on the built-in 2.4" Color LCD.
Record Video from DVD's, TV, VHS, or from Any Device that has RCA outputs for Entertainment on the go!
[/align]
[align=justify]I will again try to send a via email out but still waiting an answer from last week lol[/align]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:43 AM   #83

fishycomics, don't you know it's bad luck to put ladders through windshields?

Regarding the tv tuner, recall the tv tuner that keeps popping up associated with the latest Digilife's. It would also work with the MPVR, since it's the same as the V1. Maybe Aiptek's webpage writer got a bit ahead of the company, but it could be coming.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:50 AM   #84

yes I know I felt so bad about it

the tv tuner is not what we think it was, after signing off i wanted to repost.

shop at home made an error and they probably ment to say

" the camera can record any type of source tv/vcr/dvd/ WMF/avi/etc"

in order to watch it as a tv tuner you can Turn on the camera. plug in the mpvr to a tv in its imput av jack location and change the channals and the camera is a tv tuner. ha ha ha yes it is b/c any chanal you are watching will go through the camera and play WITH SOUND no kidding that is tv tuning ha ah ha

So they made an eror and We'll have to live with it.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:15 PM   #85

A new issue has come up, av imput the camer plugged into a video source, cannot take a still shot it is ONLY for videos thought i share that with you
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:43 PM   #86

Finally! I got my MPVR after months of waiting. :blah:

I also purchased a remote controland it works perfectly with the camera.

So I guess it's official, the remote works for the MPVR asopposed to what the Aiptek sales person told mod fishy(sorry if this was alreadymentioned in another topic). :G
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:42 PM   #87

Note that once you have a remote, there's no reason to use the timer. And for tripod shots, using the remote induces no camera movement. Take that, dsc owners!
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:18 AM   #88

Sgspirit I agree on the tripod but dissagree on the timer

the timer and I do not know if you can activate it on the remote buta guess.

I ant to snap a pic and do not wantt he remote in thee so you need to use the timer sound right?

DiaperD... HIP HIP you love it I bet thanks the remote is 15 and a ac plug 10 25.00 for both lol

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Note that once you have a remote, there's no reason to use the timer. And for tripod shots, using the remote induces no camera movement. Take that, dsc owners!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:41 PM   #89

Hello all.

I just picked up this unit for my wife as a Christmas gift. I also bought some hi-speed SD cards in 1GB capacity (Sandisk II)

My question is this: After watching the sample video on this forum, I was pretty dissapointed. It doesn't look fluid - and the word acceptable doesn't come to mind at all. In fact the words 'very, very ticked off' come to mind.

So before I ship this thing back to Aiptek unopened, can somone please comment on the video quality? Does it record MOTION as smooth as tape, or am I smoking crack to think that I can record fluid video for $199?

Does anyone have a link to better video samples from this unit?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. This unit was to replace a Compact-VHS recorder. Simply recording video of our first child is allwe want.

I don't need a webcam, I don't need an MP3 player, I don't need a still digital cam, I could care less about a remote, and I don't need a PVR. What I need is to preserve some memories for life, and ideally have them looklike they were made in the year 2006 and not the year 1936. If this thing isn't first and foremost a camcorder - I think I've made a big mistake.

stealth916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:37 AM   #90

Stealth916,

The quick answer is, I believe, it will never be as smooth as a good tape/DVD camcorder. If the samples are not acceptable to you, then send it back and upgrade to mini-DV or DVD camcorder. Sorry you didn't find the samples sooner.

Hopefully, some MPVR owners will post somegreat samples to prove me wrong.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote