Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:08 PM   #1

Hi all,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" Just thought i'd let you know about this one. It's a Gmini 402 camcorder from archos. I already have a gmini 400 and it's a nice little player, fits in your palm, 20gb hdd, lightweight, up to 10 hours battery life. Now they've managed to squeeze a camera into it and usb host for downloading pics from your other cameras on the move. Should be out in the next week or so here in the uk, at £245 inc vat! Already got mine on pre-order!

http://www.archos.com/products/gmini_402_cam/

Anyone not happy with the mp3 function of most hybrids should check this out.

Ok it is more expensive than most hybrids, but it does have a 20gb hard drive and 5 different compression settings for video recording.

mitchyk

mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:26 PM   #2

good catch, iremember the pocket wallet up to 4 gig of storage , now Olympus , rca has their versions, and well lets say plastation prtable will be out soon with a digital camera built in..

p.s. mitch thanks for the other post. and also are you trying to add a backround in your posts? got a lot of characters lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:49 PM   #3

Hi,

I'm not trying to add any backgrounds or anythingin my posts, it's been showing up tags and stuff for a few days, not entirely sure why. I'm definitely not doing anything this end. Over to you boffins! Maybe i'll clear my cache see if that helps.

mitchyk

mitchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:33 PM   #4

This is certainly an impressive device, and very much like a hybrid. I've decided not to add devices like this to the Hybrid List, and removed the Digilife PMP device a couple of weeks ago. Not that these devices aren't relevant to us, but I have to draw a line somewhere.

Maybe someone else would like to start and maintain a list of these devices, or do we have a concensus to take note of them, but not try to cover them like hybrids?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 4:10 AM   #5

I agree, Sgspirit. they are storage units, and can do just about anythng, they are welcomed to the site as an offtopic, and are always helpful any new gadget that is found can be added , but should be noted . offtopic.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote