Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:43 AM   #11

Thanks for the feedback.

I also should have saved a copy of the pictures of the tv tuner while Ispan had them, but who would guess the product representations would be so unreliable. Come to think of it, I'd rather have a remote lens head than a tv tuner. They could steal some Miniket sales that way.

If you haven't gone to the show yet, an important thing to get from the Digilifers would be business cards and/or email addresses so we can communicate with them. Usually the people at shows are the ones who would actually be doing the talking, as opposed to pr people whose job it seems to be to prevent such communication.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:55 AM   #12

I was basicly wet from knee down because of the darn rain... I was going to go today instead of friday because of work, but I had to switch schedule with a co-worker at the last minute. I got to the Javits center around 4pm and stayed til 8pm. I walk around the whole place about 3 or 4 times, and waited about 1 hour to play Halo2 againt others.

I guess the Digilife booth was not listed on the http://www.digitallife.com/ because it's kinda small(two person operation). So I was suprised and excited when I saw the booth. I went to the vender's website ( http://ds-technologies.com/ ) and looks like their specialty is in the security cameras. I don't think the booth was setup by the actual Company of Digilife...

My girlfriend found promotional code that someone listed on the Craig's List, so we didn't pay anything!!!! We are poor college kids so we look for all the freebies, lol.
KungFuMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 4:23 PM   #13

gonna give you the vid and then make the film later 299 still a good buy but ebay would be better

http://www.youtube.com/?v=NomYxAqR8KI

supercam is th name of the camera lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 8:37 PM   #14

Those guys( http://www.nisisusa.com/supa_dvx/home.html ) on the video only sells the V1. If you turn about 90 degrees to the right and walk about 25 feet relative to the video, there's another booth that have M1, V1,720, and the tv tuner, its not nearly as big and fancy as this booth though.
KungFuMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:46 PM   #15

Congratulations on the purchase, OldHACer.

Do a search on eBay for item 7556157878.

Looking forward to your observations.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:54 PM   #16

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase, OldHACer.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/11-MP-DIGITAL-VID...QcmdZViewItem\

Looking forward to your observations.
s.. two things I did not see a green arrow saying this is a new post Lol, 2nd the link is removed Please let me know what Oldhace grabbed was it my camera?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:26 PM   #17

egspririt ,

Been monitoromg the Ebay camera auctions lately?:-)

I will let you know as soon as I get it. So far, I just have a tracking number.This will, I hope, be my last low-priced hybrid.

fishycomics ,

If your camera is a DDV-910, then, yes, Igrabbed your camera.:G
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:18 PM   #18

Ok, I fixed the link in my post.

You got this for $5 cheaper than I got my V1.

Have you noticed someone called "edsbrother62" has bid on almost all these cameras and the previous models? They never win one, apparently hoping to get one cheap. But over the weeks their maximum bid has slowly increased from about $81 to $121. Can't say I'd be that patient to save a few bucks. Or they are up to something else.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:21 AM   #19

thanx sg and oldH.

OldH... congrads on my newcamera you may send it back to me? let us know how it turns out? and between you and I , and the rest. wouldn't the sanyo c5 or c6 be a wiser choice 375 shipped from washington westcoast? If you soldyour otheer model or models and taken tht money towards the sanyo. I think it would have been a good choice, but agan seeing is believing, and I want to believe it is a good buy?

The M1 is a great buy, and I am also looking into one but i am hesitant on a new camera too many choices ion ebay? waiting for the spur of the moment , and waiting for a friend to let me know if can grab one overseas in hong kong forlesser money and no tax? thanks for the post
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:46 AM   #20

fishycomics,

A good point about buying one better camera instead of several cheaper ones. Actually, I was wondering that about you :-):-).

Well, the Sanyo hybrids don't have video-in, mp3 or a remote control, despite their cost. I'd be more afraid of losing or breaking a more expensive camera, whether or not it's worth it. So I wouldn't keep it as handy for some of those special shots. And as long as I can sell my older ones, I don't have that much tied up in them. Or maybe I'm just too cheap to get a better one.