Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:37 PM   #11

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Sohow are you drawing the line between a PMP hybrid/camera and a hybrid/camera that can play media? They are kind of all fusing together, no?

Perhaps aPMPshouldcontain some kind of mass storage to storemultiple movies/TV shows/songs/sets of photos? There are some PMP hybrid/cameras like the 20GBArchos Gmini402or, um I don't know who makes the 20GBVivitar DVR390H?
This is a problem I've had in mind since many digital still cameras started featuring a video mode. So what makes a hybrid different? Not MPEG4 video, or MP3, because dsc's increasingly have those. Not optical zooms, becasue some hybrids have them. The only conclusive difference is the mini-camcorder case design. But then there's things like the iJoy. So much for that distinction.

Then along come the pmp's. Usually with hard drives. But some hybrids have hard drives. A/V-in? Obviously not a distinction. What defines a hybrid, or a pmp, or a dsc, or even a mobile phone, is becoming increasingly hard to pin down as each takes on characteristics of the others.

So what to do about the focus of this forum and the Hybrid List? We don't have the convenience of being confined by a brand name. At some point we're going to have to throw up our hands and say: "These are the camera devices we discuss and we have no purely logical basis for that selection." Pmp's and dsc's and even mobile phones may be discussed, but I think the forum will always concentrate on the mini-camcorder styled devices.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 2:38 PM   #12

Aiptek cameras

aiptek zoom dv-6

Is-dv2-6

Pocket dv retails 24.99

[align=justify]The Pocket DV combines a full-color digital video camera with digital still camera, digital audio recorder and PC camera, all in a tiny package that fits easily in your pocket. Light, distinctive and easy to operate, this versatile, full-function digital camcorder helps you record life's precious moments.
Product Features
4-in-1 Multi-Function Design:
Digital Still Camera, Digital Camcorder, PC Camera, and Voice Recorder.
[/align]

[align=justify]

[align=justify]640 x 480 Pixel High Resolution:
Take High Resolution Images and Video with the Pocket DV.
[/align]

[align=justify]Internal 16 MB Memory:
The Pocket DV Features Built-in 16 MB of SDRAM Memory. Take up to 3 1/2 Minutes of Digital Audio and Video, Up to 2000 Digital Still Pictures, or Up to 30 Minutes of Digital Audio Recording!

[/align]

[align=justify]Send your Pictures or even Live Videos:
Keep in Touch with Family, Friends, and Clients via E-mail
[/align]

[align=justify]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=justify]Fidelity dv3100 69.00[/align]

[align=justify][/align]

[align=justify]

[align=justify]Measuring only 3.3" x 2.7" x 1.7" the new Fidelity DV3100 captures your life's moments in the palm of your hand. Featuring a 4 in 1 design, the DV3100 functions as a Digital Video Recorder, Digital Voice Recorder, a High Resolution 3.1 mega-pixel Digital Camera, or even hook it to your PC to be used as a webcam! It offers a 1.5" Color TFT LCD Display, and accepts up to a 512 MB CF card. Upload images and video to your PC via the USB cable. You can even playback video on your TV or VCR.[/align]

[align=justify]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=justify]Dv3100 59.95[/align]

[align=justify][/align]

[align=justify]see above simular camera[/align]

[align=justify]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=justify]dv4100m 69.99[/align]

[align=justify][/align][/align][/align]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:52 PM   #13

:? how about SPEED DX-5

a new brand of PMP hybrids.
http://www.smelektrindo.com/acc/speed-DX5.htm
or
www.21hifi.com/revhifi/20051205/04.htm

any users of this machine?
i want to know about video quality .......

pls help me .......
urgent
no_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 9:43 PM   #14

no_on wrote:
Quote:
:? how about SPEED DX-5

a new brand of PMP hybrids.
http://www.smelektrindo.com/acc/speed-DX5.htm
or
http://www.21hifi.com/revhifi/20051205/04.htm

any users of this machine?
i want to know about video quality .......

pls help me .......
urgent
I'd say the Speed DX-5 is the Digilife DDV-920. Even though they list the sensor as both ccd and cmos on the first web page you listed. The body looks more like the 920 than the 910. I don't think anyone participating here has the 920 yet, and some of us that were waiting for it now have to decide whether to wait for the 520 instead.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:12 AM   #15

I think there are a few Vivitek Dragon owners who have posted here. Maybe they can give reviews and post some samples. The Speed DX-5 appears to be thesame as the Vivitek Dragon, Ispan DDV-920, and Digilife DDV-1000.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:42 PM   #16

hey im new here i need a hybrid camcorder but it needs to be a 5 mega pixel or higher cmos sensor on the that sit will at the hybrids the wouldnt tell the rite name a the brand like i know some of the model names but i dont know most so if u can can u send me the names and modell numbers of all the 5 mega pix sensor you can find and send me a link of a clip of 1 of your 5 mg pix sensors camcorders

thanx
need camcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:25 AM   #17

post in the welcome aboard please thiswill be editied within 24 hours thanx
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:58 PM   #18

do you know how much the speed dx 5 is and the other 1

need camcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:58 PM   #19

these questions may be answered in the welcome aboard section thank you
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:55 PM   #20