Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 18, 2005, 2:04 PM   #1

Can sound and video be recorded simultaneously on this camera.
I understand it does one and the other, but can it do both at the same time?

nony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:06 PM   #2

nony1 wrote:
Quote:
Can sound and video be recorded simultaneously on this camera.
I understand it does one and the other, but can it do both at the same time?

first welcome aboard.

a few simple questions might answer the question you are asking.

1Do you Own or have any other software forediting? like windows movie maker power director etc?

2 do you mean film a video, and then go back into the camera and add voice?

3. snap a photo and then add a voice to the phot?

Now to your question. you may record a video like a camcorder, and what ever you are filming , and the sound will record together in a asf. file. the next step is you can playback the video you shot, and view the video back on the camera nad hear it on the internal (built in speaker) or use the head sets.

you cannot edit on the camera the video , only delete the video,

on the still you cannot add voice overlay. for example on the musteks you can go into the menu and set a voice to the still. you click the shot then hit record and add a message. Aiptek left that important feature out.

Did that answer your question so far.

In order to remove the sound from the video and add your own in you must use software. Muvee4 does not have that feature, but can beworked on with your mic and add to a file then add from the song list.

win movie maker and others are very easy to use for that purpose I'll place a vid sampe or just better yet go into the Aiptek mpvr review and click some vid sample if it is not there I'll add one in the vid or software section thank you any thing unclear let me know Mod fishy.....

see this link it has a video, and orginal sound, then I added a mp3 song in it as well i did not mute the vid I just let it play lower as you may notice if there is a shot at the end just a pic that is the mp3 only playing

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:11 PM   #3

I appreciate your speedy response. You answered my question. I am thinking about getting this camera, (saw it on sale at Target) but of course I couldn't get any of my questions answered there. The guy that helped me said it worked just like a digital camera, and did not record any sound. He mentioned the video and audio features could not be used together. (I guess you don't have to be familiar with any of the products there)

Your postings have been so informative, Thanks
nony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:26 PM   #4

always a pleasure read the review you'll love it

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"did not mention but I might have in th review you can record video and sound but you cannot snap a picture while recording that can be taken care of in the software of win movie maker not muvee4 let us know about your new edition when in hand you'll love it I made a clip from the last weekends show the living dead start and edited it saved it in a wmv and saved it to the camera and man I am amazed I can now take my work and show it to my friends and co workers lol always a pleasure informing all. you are welcome and thans for the kind words welcome again
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:46 PM   #5

Welcome, Nony1,

Yes, all the hybrids record video and sound at the same time. Or sound by itself. You can't shut off the mic in video mode.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 6:09 PM   #6

Thanks to Oldhacer, and Sgspirit, the http://www.aiptek.com site is havinga pritty good deal.

mpvr with a case, tripod and extra battery, as well as a stuffed animal, they can keep the animal and throw in the remote control

I would think and will wait till the camera hits the store, target for me. and see if they are throwing in the remote when the newer model or supplies hit there.

20.00 for a battery under 10 for the tripod and around 10 for a case so 199 with all the extras sounds good.

I have a case, and a tripod, and two extra batteries but not for the camera. I need the remote so I can store it away.

There is no news yet when the 8800 ( 8 meg0 will hit USA or idf the mpvr will accept the remote,

This topic will reach the top ten search, and hope aiptek picks up on it. thank you Mod fishy